Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Venezia 22:04 - Jun 1 with 1234 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Promoted to Serie A.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2021/may/31/venezia-players-celebrate

Definitely a stadium for the bucket list.

[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 22:08]
Venezia on 22:31 - Jun 1 with 1168 viewsMrSheen

Didn’t James Richardson visit in his Channel 4 days? I think you have to get a hydrofoil to the ground.
Venezia on 22:52 - Jun 1 with 1142 viewsLogman

I have been there and it was a hair raising experience. They were playing a local derby in Serie B against Treviso which is thirty minutes inland. I had to take a boat to the stadium which ordinarily had three stands around it, but, as it was a local derby and they were expecting quite a few supporters from Treviso, they had erected a temporary stand which I kid you not was made from scaffolding with wooden planks as seats.

However, that was not going to deter the Treviso supporters who, despite the ramshackle scaffold upon which they entrusted their support, sang and cheered from the rafters all game as if belting out Nessun Dorma in the Arena.

Now I know I'd been in a rocky boat to get there and the Peronis were heightening the senses but I'm sure I saw that stand swaying rhythmically in unison with the Treviso supporters songs. It was a sight to behold.

Sadly the same couldn't be said for the game I'm afraid which was a typically dull 0-0 and the journey back took over an hour but I guess like Papillon escaping from Devil's Island at least I got back safely.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 22:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024