Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the yanks 14:16 - Jul 14 with 3465 viewssaint22

They really have not got a clue have they??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57832053

the yanks on 10:22 - Jul 17 with 690 viewsdwayne_dibley

a yank in public is now considered very unwoke leading to erections being pulled down

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

the yanks on 19:19 - Jul 17 with 644 viewsGeauxSaints

the yanks on 09:31 - Jul 17 by Ron11

I think you'll find that with nationalities that have travelled the outside world a bit, terms like Jock become an endearment rather than an insult.
I've worked with Scots for many years abroad in Oil & Gas, and most are proud to be 'Jocks' and refer to themselves as such. Also 'sweaty sock', 'porridge gobbler' etc was /is taken as banter - with replies such as 'cockney w*nker' 'teesside tossbag' 'carrot cruncher' 'fluid druid' 'dog buggerer' etc. etc.
Regarding Yanks - 'septic tanks', 'gobshites', and (from Louisiana) coon asses, were taken as banter and returned with the routine 'limey' name tag, again just banter rarely with any malice.
Other nationalities were/are 'cloggies', 'frogs', 'yarpies','krauts', 'eyeties', and a notable machinist in Libya (who brewed great wine) who was happy to be known as 'Paki Charlie' and whom everybody loved even when his curry gave everybody the shits.
I especially enjoyed the banter with the Germans, 'for you Tommy ze war is over' firing back with 'we'll push you back to the Med' etc.
But in the UK, even 'jocks' is offensive
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 9:32]

Seeing a mention of "coon ass" on this forum had me cracking up. The term really applies to cajuns specifically and not the whole state. I haven't run into a cajun who takes offence to it and most I have known use it to describe themselves.
the yanks on 23:45 - Jul 17 with 616 viewsRon11

the yanks on 19:19 - Jul 17 by GeauxSaints

Seeing a mention of "coon ass" on this forum had me cracking up. The term really applies to cajuns specifically and not the whole state. I haven't run into a cajun who takes offence to it and most I have known use it to describe themselves.

I found Coon Asses didn't like us Limeys very much, especially those from "Baton Rouge Louisiana'.
Must be the French connection.
the yanks on 16:05 - Jul 18 with 568 viewskernow

Y'all ain't kin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024