Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts 23:22 - Aug 7 with 17412 viewsKeithHaynes

A young man who wants to play football.
Sunday evening supplement. From 5pm.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:10 - Aug 13 with 1247 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 12:38 - Aug 13 by jackrmee

Mystic Parnassus! You are my hero

Not really mystic, I look at things as they are not how I want them to be, so it allows me to be accurate and not biased.

So making the observation that spending 67m+ in a season will be among the top half of spenders is hardly Nostradamus levels of insight. Just common sense.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:33 - Aug 13 with 1216 viewsjackrmee

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:09 - Aug 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Now it's comments like that crosses into the realm of trolling. Which is a shame.

You are giving your views, I am giving you mine and backing it with data - so you are saying I have ruined a thread?

Surely you see how silly that is? Maybe you don't...

You don't want a healthy debate, mate. Your only prerogatives are to win an argument and to be right. It's hard work.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:41 - Aug 13 with 1206 viewsmagicdaps10

Tell you the annoying thing, another post ruined by Dr Painintheass.

Guy can talk and tell me or anyone as much as he wants how great he is and wrong we are! Got no time for him as it appears plenty of others don't either.....tells a lot really.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:52 - Aug 13 with 1191 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:33 - Aug 13 by jackrmee

You don't want a healthy debate, mate. Your only prerogatives are to win an argument and to be right. It's hard work.

So I have to agree with you or I am guilty of this? I don't get your logic. Haven't you contributed to our debate as much as me? Sounds a bit of sour grapes there.

You are the one to turn our discussion into a bit of a slanging match... a one sided one at that, I continue to put my point across respectfully. I have spent time explaining mine and giving you data and examples to show why.

I think you are annoyed that your opinion is based on guesses of where we may be in the future if certain things happened, and mine is based on the reality of what has happened.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 13:55]

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:53 - Aug 13 with 1189 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:41 - Aug 13 by magicdaps10

Tell you the annoying thing, another post ruined by Dr Painintheass.

Guy can talk and tell me or anyone as much as he wants how great he is and wrong we are! Got no time for him as it appears plenty of others don't either.....tells a lot really.

I always know I have put my views across well when the likes of you pop up.

I will take it as a compliment.

Sorry lads, I won't be joining in the fantasies of how awful Cooper was and how brilliant Potter was, I am a realist unfortunately.

I know that clearly upsets the usual lot. Oh well...

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 14:19 - Aug 13 with 1159 viewsmagicdaps10

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:53 - Aug 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Sorry lads, I won't be joining in the fantasies of how awful Cooper was and how brilliant Potter was, I am a realist unfortunately.

Take it however way you want to take it but a better person always walks away and a troubled one will always keep on and find it hard to leave it be.

I would await the inevitable response from you Adam but I really have no time for you with all I know BUT as day follows night... Crack on 👍

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 14:27 - Aug 13 with 1149 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 14:19 - Aug 13 by magicdaps10

Take it however way you want to take it but a better person always walks away and a troubled one will always keep on and find it hard to leave it be.

I would await the inevitable response from you Adam but I really have no time for you with all I know BUT as day follows night... Crack on 👍

I will take it in the reality of the situation. Whenever I put my views across well and show the calculations, you can’t stand it.

I will always call out trolls and I will always call out nonsense, I know that upsets you.

Suck it up, champ.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:07 - Aug 13 with 1028 viewsItchySphincter

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 13:53 - Aug 13 by Dr_Parnassus

People keep telling you they enjoyed it under Potter but didn’t under Cooper. Are they wrong?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:12 - Aug 13 with 1023 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:07 - Aug 13 by ItchySphincter

People keep telling you they enjoyed it under Potter but didn’t under Cooper. Are they wrong?

Some people tell me that yes, others tell me differently. That’s why football is great. It’s not a matter of wrong.

Although regardless of who enjoyed what, one was far more successful than the other.

Some people enjoyed Home Alone 1, others enjoyed Home Alone 2, some enjoyed both. Home Alone 1 was the much more successful film though, regardless of what anyone says.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:22 - Aug 13 with 1016 viewsItchySphincter

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:12 - Aug 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Some people tell me that yes, others tell me differently. That’s why football is great. It’s not a matter of wrong.

Although regardless of who enjoyed what, one was far more successful than the other.

Some people enjoyed Home Alone 1, others enjoyed Home Alone 2, some enjoyed both. Home Alone 1 was the much more successful film though, regardless of what anyone says.

So if people tell you it was better under Potter are they wrong?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:24 - Aug 13 with 1011 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:22 - Aug 13 by ItchySphincter

So if people tell you it was better under Potter are they wrong?

Depends what “it” means and what constitutes better.

If they think we were a better team under Potter then yes they are wrong, clearly.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 01:31 - Aug 14 with 951 viewsMinesapint

Ok my two penneth for what it's worth. Not a prolific poster. Not even as knowledgeable a football fan as most of you. I love the game. I love my team. As for the forum, I am more of an Observer on the sidelines.

When someone disagrees with you, that's ok. Even when they show their "workings out" ( as my old maths teacher would say). They cannot be jumped upon for that.

I hold a different view to a lot of Dr P says. I agree with a lot too. One thing I will say is his posts are thought provoking, respectful and always well presented and backed up by the reasoning behind his view. Would have loved him on my old debating team back in my uni days.

Yes some of his posts are lengthy but hes not alone in that. He responds to replies yet gets called up for doing so. Look up the definition of forum.

We are Swans fans. We love our team. We all have a voice.

After years of reading this site, I had hoped we had stopped the pack mentality that used to thrive before Keith took up the reins. Dont let's go down that road again. Disagree but dont make it personal.

No idea why I am up at this ungodly hour. Feels like Christmas Eve. Looking forward to seeing the new set up when our season kicks off tomorrow with a lot of hope, curiosity and a healthy dose of excitement. Will be watching Joel with interest.

Anyway, this old duffer needs some sleep. Nite / morning.
Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 05:09 - Aug 14 with 914 viewsChief

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 01:31 - Aug 14 by Minesapint

Ok my two penneth for what it's worth. Not a prolific poster. Not even as knowledgeable a football fan as most of you. I love the game. I love my team. As for the forum, I am more of an Observer on the sidelines.

When someone disagrees with you, that's ok. Even when they show their "workings out" ( as my old maths teacher would say). They cannot be jumped upon for that.

I hold a different view to a lot of Dr P says. I agree with a lot too. One thing I will say is his posts are thought provoking, respectful and always well presented and backed up by the reasoning behind his view. Would have loved him on my old debating team back in my uni days.

Yes some of his posts are lengthy but hes not alone in that. He responds to replies yet gets called up for doing so. Look up the definition of forum.

After years of reading this site, I had hoped we had stopped the pack mentality that used to thrive before Keith took up the reins. Dont let's go down that road again. Disagree but dont make it personal.

No idea why I am up at this ungodly hour. Feels like Christmas Eve. Looking forward to seeing the new set up when our season kicks off tomorrow with a lot of hope, curiosity and a healthy dose of excitement. Will be watching Joel with interest.

"No dea why I am up at this ungodly hour. Feels like Christmas Eve. Looking forward to seeing the new set up when our season kicks off tomorrow with a lot of hope, curiosity and a healthy dose of excitement. Will be watching Joel with interest".

Yes!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 08:25 - Aug 14 with 850 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 22:07 - Aug 13 by ItchySphincter

Yeah but hang on, Cooper brought us success didn’t he?
Brought on a lot of young players.
All with ZERO financial backing too.

(The above statements are both misleading and false).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 09:00 - Aug 14 with 831 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 08:25 - Aug 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah but hang on, Cooper brought us success didn’t he?
Brought on a lot of young players.
All with ZERO financial backing too.

(The above statements are both misleading and false).

And are also statements nobody has made....

Great contribution

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 09:48 - Aug 14 with 787 viewsjackrmee

You think people are ganging up on Dr P? I can't see any pack mentality involved here mate.
There was a debate.
Then Dr P and vetch started calling people trolls, if anything...

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:03 - Aug 14 with 771 viewsKeithHaynes

The site has a balance, it has to be better than what it was.
That’s a guarantee 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:13 - Aug 14 with 756 viewsmagicdaps10

Can we have the balance back to the main topic please.... All went down hill from the first post on the 2nd page when other posters were being questioned(recurring theme).

So please tilt the scales back to Joel Piroe.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:15 - Aug 14 with 755 viewsmagicdaps10

Here goes.

Joel, hope he starts today and I think he will have a point to prove if he does, has the ability and hopefully Martin plays him and played a blinder by not involving him against Blackburn... Making Piroe want to prove a point in this game.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:31 - Aug 14 with 742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 09:48 - Aug 14 by jackrmee

You think people are ganging up on Dr P? I can't see any pack mentality involved here mate.
There was a debate.
Then Dr P and vetch started calling people trolls, if anything...

I didn't call anyone a troll did I? If so, who?

I said ''people'' are certainly trolling when they start turning every topic into an anti-Cooper one. If you don't think that applies to anyone then nobody is being called a troll. If you think people do that... then the label is justified is it not?

There is always a pack mentality on here when people go against the fashionable narrative. It gets even worse when they show exactly why with facts.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:33 - Aug 14 with 740 viewsjackrmee

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:15 - Aug 14 by magicdaps10

Here goes.

Joel, hope he starts today and I think he will have a point to prove if he does, has the ability and hopefully Martin plays him and played a blinder by not involving him against Blackburn... Making Piroe want to prove a point in this game.

I agree.
I think Piroe might be a special one. We need a 20 goal striker and I think we may have one here.
I'm still intrigued about the talked about incoming man for the #9 shirt. I'm feeling very positive for this season that's for sure.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:35 - Aug 14 with 736 viewsmagicdaps10

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:31 - Aug 14 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn't call anyone a troll did I? If so, who?

I said ''people'' are certainly trolling when they start turning every topic into an anti-Cooper one. If you don't think that applies to anyone then nobody is being called a troll. If you think people do that... then the label is justified is it not?

There is always a pack mentality on here when people go against the fashionable narrative. It gets even worse when they show exactly why with facts.

FFS keep on the topic for god sake!

Its a post about Joel Piroe and today he could make his first league start so please contribute to that.

Tried to bring it back on track but as I thought, never going to happen.

Again

Joel Piroe.......

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:37 - Aug 14 with 732 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:35 - Aug 14 by magicdaps10

FFS keep on the topic for god sake!

Its a post about Joel Piroe and today he could make his first league start so please contribute to that.

Tried to bring it back on track but as I thought, never going to happen.

Again

Joel Piroe.......

I am keeping it on topic, the topic I am replying to is one regarding trolls and the gang mentality on here. You know who that is referring to don't you?

I am afraid you don't get to come on here and abuse people and then expect them to dance to the tune of the topic you would prefer to discuss.

Suck it up buttercup.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:38 - Aug 14 with 733 viewsmagicdaps10

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:33 - Aug 14 by jackrmee

I agree.
I think Piroe might be a special one. We need a 20 goal striker and I think we may have one here.
I'm still intrigued about the talked about incoming man for the #9 shirt. I'm feeling very positive for this season that's for sure.

Piroe is going back on signings pre and early Premier league. Players who had potential(Sinclair, Routledge, Dyer) but were at a cross roads in their career but still young enough to turn it around.

Piroe, Whittaker and Joseph are certainly in that mould.

First time in a couple of years that I feel positive and can see a foundation to built something from and Piroe I hope and confident can be part of it.

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:45 - Aug 14 with 724 viewsmagicdaps10

Joel Piroe : Facing up to facts on 10:37 - Aug 14 by Dr_Parnassus

I am keeping it on topic, the topic I am replying to is one regarding trolls and the gang mentality on here. You know who that is referring to don't you?

I am afraid you don't get to come on here and abuse people and then expect them to dance to the tune of the topic you would prefer to discuss.

Suck it up buttercup.

And you don't come onto a topic and start accusing people like you did in the first post on the 2nd page and turn a good topic into a big argument which results in posters arguing about something the original poster started.

I don't want to get into a debate with you, not because you are correct or whatever else you see but the fact that you can't grasp things or are to self obsessed to see past your own nose Adam.

But as said in previous post, can we please show some restrain and keep to the original topic that is Joel Piroe... Potentially after a bit of a pot hole in the road, he could be starting his first league game and I for one am interested to see how he goes if he does and have confident in his ability.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024