Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viewing this site from an iPad. 11:12 - Sep 5 with 1690 viewsw7r

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone else has problems viewing/posting to this site using an iPad? I typically use Firefox on it but have the same issue when using the Apple Safari browser.

Every time I visit using an iPad the pages take forever to load, typing is impossibly slow and my iPad pretty much grinds to a halt, that is until I close the tab I'm viewing from at which point things return to normal.

I don't seem to have the issue when using a Windows PC (Firefox) or my Android phone so it seems to be just the iPad.

It drives me bonkers and I haven't come across any other sites that cause this issue.

Anybody else experiencing this?

cheers

Viewing this site from an iPad. on 12:15 - Sep 5 with 1620 viewsNorthernr

Interesting. Will try it on mine today and also forward this for techi. It's getting desperate for a makeover and mobile friendly version TBH.
Viewing this site from an iPad. on 19:25 - Sep 5 with 1481 viewsw7r

Viewing this site from an iPad. on 12:15 - Sep 5 by Northernr

Interesting. Will try it on mine today and also forward this for techi. It's getting desperate for a makeover and mobile friendly version TBH.

Cheers North, would be interested to hear how you get on. The iPad is only 2 years old and running 14.7 if the techie is interested.

My gut feeling is it may be something to do with the ads loading/refreshing.
Viewing this site from an iPad. on 07:39 - Sep 6 with 1357 viewsJuzzie

I often use my ipad and via firefox (doing so now). Generally don’t have any issues.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 7:40]
Viewing this site from an iPad. on 07:50 - Sep 6 with 1346 viewsnix

Viewing this site from an iPad. on 07:39 - Sep 6 by Juzzie

I often use my ipad and via firefox (doing so now). Generally don’t have any issues.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 7:40]

Me too. But sometimes I have to close down the number of windows I've got open otherwise a site with a lot of ads in won't load properly.
Viewing this site from an iPad. on 07:51 - Sep 6 with 1347 viewsGaxZE

The problem isn't the device being used and I doubt unless as North says, there is a make over. The site will be difficult for view on non-desktop devices.
Viewing this site from an iPad. on 08:18 - Sep 6 with 1332 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Works fine on a Samsung phone (last years) you just have to turn it horizontal.

Slow to refresh on the work PC but I think that is our end.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Viewing this site from an iPad. on 08:47 - Sep 6 with 1291 viewsrsonist

consensu, doubleclick, onetag, media.net, ivitrack, sovrn, lijit, omnitagjs, quantserve, seedtag, taboola...
Viewing this site from an iPad. on 10:04 - Sep 6 with 1259 viewsloftboy

Viewing this site from an iPad. on 12:15 - Sep 5 by Northernr

Would it be worthwhile going down the “App” route?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Viewing this site from an iPad. on 09:39 - Sep 18 with 1112 viewsw7r

Thankfully it’s been fine for the last week or so. I’ve not changed anything so it’ll just have to remain a mystery!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024