Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shape/Personnel 16:37 - Oct 16 with 8986 viewsHunterhoop

Unpopular opinion alert.

I think with the system we’re trying to play, Johansen, whilst quality on the ball, IS the problem with our shape and the number of goals we’re conceding. He’s a passenger out of possession. Good teams just play around him. Ball was terrible alongside him and the sub meant it was Chair there….honestly, if you want to keep this shape, you can you can only play 2 of Johansen/Chair/Willock against the good sides. You need legs or the defence to play incredibly high, but up against pace, you set up our back 3 to get turned.

I’m not sure what the answer is, but this two man central midfield with Johansen is not working. No legs.

Shape/Personnel on 10:06 - Oct 25 with 404 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’ve only seen three games this season, so I’m going more by what a lot of the sensible heads are saying.

Really think perspective is important here. We are somewhat cobbling together and as such, if you’d offered us where we are now at any stage between 2015 and January of this year, we’d have bitten the hand offering us it.

At the start of the season when we pitched in with whom would be our key player, I went for the medical team. We are carrying a lot of players who can get knocked easily and yet despite this: we’ve got a spirit about us; some excellent players; and can front up against anyone in this league.

Yes we need to tighten up and cut down on our self-inflicted error count, but what changes are needed seem within our locker. We are not in the same position as 2010/11 where we were able to go through the season with high levels of expectations; but we certainly have something about us.

Definitely need to get more hold of the midfield, but with Amos and Field returning, that should fill that hole. Austin is ‘impact sub’ material and if picking out the runs of Dykes and/or Gray is an issue, it’s a lot better than them not moving at all.

Hold firm, we’ve got this!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024