Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid booster jab side effects 17:55 - Nov 4 with 6762 viewsSadoldgit

I know several people who have had a booster jab now and all of them have had side effects. These have ranged from headaches and swollen arms to the sh its. Anyone else had the third jab and have had some side effects?
Covid booster jab side effects on 14:07 - Nov 17 with 2081 viewspjt50

Covid booster jab side effects on 13:02 - Nov 14 by 1ASIN12

Mum other half , mum and dad have all now had the booster jab and none had any side effects .

My other half had her flew jab in one arm and the booster jab in the other .

I’ve heard by some that you couldn’t have both at the same time which is clearly incorrect

Here in The Netherlands they insist you leave 2 weeks between the flu jab & the COVID booster.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Covid booster jab side effects on 09:11 - Nov 18 with 1957 viewssaint901

Had my flu jab 11 days ago and my booster yesterday.

No side effects other than a slight headache - easily managed.
Covid booster jab side effects on 12:43 - Nov 18 with 1925 viewsGasGiant

Covid booster jab side effects on 10:17 - Nov 5 by Sadoldgit

I don’t have a problem with having the booster GG (still waiting for the call) but am just curious about any side effects so that I know what to expect. My brother had it recently and had 2 days of flu like symptoms. I’d much rather have a few side effects than Covid, believe me!

I had no side effects from the original AZ vaccine. After the booster I had a lousy head cold that has lasted for two weeks. It is clear to me that these two things are unconnected, as plenty of others have had the same cold whether or not they had the booster. Correlation is not causation!
Covid booster jab side effects on 12:55 - Nov 18 with 1914 viewsSadoldgit

Covid booster jab side effects on 12:43 - Nov 18 by GasGiant

I had no side effects from the original AZ vaccine. After the booster I had a lousy head cold that has lasted for two weeks. It is clear to me that these two things are unconnected, as plenty of others have had the same cold whether or not they had the booster. Correlation is not causation!

I know and I understand the difference between some side effects and another infection. I think you have misunderstood what I have been saying GG. I am certainly not an anti vaxxer, I just wanted to know if anyone had any side effects.
Covid booster jab side effects on 08:53 - Dec 7 with 1785 viewsSadoldgit

Finally had my booster yesterday. Moderna after having AZ before so far no side effects at all apart from the usual sore arm. Good to see plenty of people there getting their jabs.
Covid booster jab side effects on 18:42 - Dec 7 with 1694 viewsParanoidHemroid

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2021/11/01/doctors-blow-the-whistle-on-vacci

Poll: Do you think there should be a seperate page for polls?

Covid booster jab side effects on 20:14 - Dec 7 with 1646 viewsSadoldgit

Covid booster jab side effects on 18:42 - Dec 7 by ParanoidHemroid

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2021/11/01/doctors-blow-the-whistle-on-vacci

Perhaps we should all just pray instead?
Covid booster jab side effects on 22:09 - Dec 7 with 1593 viewsdirk_doone

Covid booster jab side effects on 20:14 - Dec 7 by Sadoldgit

No, according to their ads, we should buy online from the biggest store in St Peter's Rome. How low to anti-vaxxers have to go? Are they really buying holy relics from some website pretending to be the Vatican?

"If you value the news and views Catholic World Report provides, please consider donating to support our efforts".

It's a bit sad really. The people who believe them and give them money are the same gullible people who supported Trump and Qanon.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 9:16]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid booster jab side effects on 23:31 - Dec 7 with 1544 viewsJellybaby

Covid booster jab side effects on 22:09 - Dec 7 by dirk_doone

No, according to their ads, we should buy online from the biggest store in St Peter's Rome. How low to anti-vaxxers have to go? Are they really buying holy relics from some website pretending to be the Vatican?

"If you value the news and views Catholic World Report provides, please consider donating to support our efforts".

It's a bit sad really. The people who believe them and give them money are the same gullible people who supported Trump and Qanon.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 9:16]

Oh yes Dirk Doone, how terribly "sad"that there are people on here with a different point of view to you, if only everyone thought like you, wore the same (mask) uniform as you, hated Trump like you, dutifully took the jab like you, the world would be such a better place, bit like North Korea really......

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Covid booster jab side effects on 23:36 - Dec 7 with 1533 viewsJellybaby

Covid booster jab side effects on 20:14 - Dec 7 by Sadoldgit

Well covid is the new state religion and the vaccine is the saviour... Surely you pray to Chris Witty at night

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Covid booster jab side effects on 08:54 - Dec 8 with 1468 viewssaint901

From the little research I've done it seems that the official Catholic church position (expressed by the Vatican) is that the vaccines are acceptable for believers to use.

The guy from the US based website the link goes to seems to take issue with this position and has a long series of articles usually picking out very small groups of Catholic adherents who have a particular point of view. That view seems to revolve around the use of cell lines by vaccine manufacturers to test products. The church is very clear that the cell lines have not been used to manufacture or develop the vaccines.

Mr Hanneman who wrote the article is using a couple of journalistic tricks here. First he is taking a small group and extrapolating that their issues are reflected in a wider group - without evidence. Second, he is using a small truth - the fact that a reporting system exists for advising the CDC of adverse drug reactions - to push a bigger misdirection, i.e. the 800k or so reports so far made support his position. That reporting system has run for decades and has reports from way before the pandemic.

He has a point of view and there are no doubt people who have objections to the vaccine on religious grounds. Part of the issue in the US particularly is that Republican leaning voters tend to have stronger religious views than Democrats. Republicans are in general anti vaccine, anti mask mandate, anti anything a Democrat Gov't asks/commands them to do.

It would be useful to know therefore whether the author believes in the position of the head of the Catholic church (that vaccines are safe and should be used by the faithful). If he does but is (for example) anti compulsory vaccination, then he has a duty to say so and to be very careful not to conflate the issues.

Context is everything.
Covid booster jab side effects on 09:46 - Dec 8 with 1427 viewsPoirot

Anyone mentined tha the booster is either pfizer on moderna and like me most had AZ times 2.
Covid booster jab side effects on 12:19 - Dec 8 with 1380 viewsPaleRider

If I want to get my car fixed, I go to a mechanic. If I want my computer fixed, I go to a computer expert. If I want medical advice, I don't go to church. Simples
Covid booster jab side effects on 13:02 - Dec 8 with 1339 viewsSadoldgit

Covid booster jab side effects on 23:36 - Dec 7 by Jellybaby

Well covid is the new state religion and the vaccine is the saviour... Surely you pray to Chris Witty at night

No Jelly, I just pray that the anti-vaxxers bugger off and take their nonsensical ramblings with them.
Covid booster jab side effects on 19:16 - Dec 8 with 1267 viewsJellybaby

Covid booster jab side effects on 08:54 - Dec 8 by saint901

From the little research I've done it seems that the official Catholic church position (expressed by the Vatican) is that the vaccines are acceptable for believers to use.

The guy from the US based website the link goes to seems to take issue with this position and has a long series of articles usually picking out very small groups of Catholic adherents who have a particular point of view. That view seems to revolve around the use of cell lines by vaccine manufacturers to test products. The church is very clear that the cell lines have not been used to manufacture or develop the vaccines.

Mr Hanneman who wrote the article is using a couple of journalistic tricks here. First he is taking a small group and extrapolating that their issues are reflected in a wider group - without evidence. Second, he is using a small truth - the fact that a reporting system exists for advising the CDC of adverse drug reactions - to push a bigger misdirection, i.e. the 800k or so reports so far made support his position. That reporting system has run for decades and has reports from way before the pandemic.

He has a point of view and there are no doubt people who have objections to the vaccine on religious grounds. Part of the issue in the US particularly is that Republican leaning voters tend to have stronger religious views than Democrats. Republicans are in general anti vaccine, anti mask mandate, anti anything a Democrat Gov't asks/commands them to do.

It would be useful to know therefore whether the author believes in the position of the head of the Catholic church (that vaccines are safe and should be used by the faithful). If he does but is (for example) anti compulsory vaccination, then he has a duty to say so and to be very careful not to conflate the issues.

Context is everything.

The Roman Catholic Church's response to the covid vaccine has surprised me in that it has been unequivocally supportive of the roll out despite the use of aborted foetus in the cell lines of this jab. This would appear to be at odds with their historically strong stance against abortion . Very convenient for all concerned that they have a liberal Pope in place at such a time as this - many previous Popes would have kicked off on this and if 1.3 billion Catholics were told not to take the jab and following boosters, we would have a very different Covid landscape to the broadly compliant one we have today.

Covid booster jab side effects on 10:29 - Dec 9 with 1188 viewsfranniesTache

Covid booster jab side effects on 19:16 - Dec 8 by Jellybaby

The Roman Catholic Church's response to the covid vaccine has surprised me in that it has been unequivocally supportive of the roll out despite the use of aborted foetus in the cell lines of this jab. This would appear to be at odds with their historically strong stance against abortion . Very convenient for all concerned that they have a liberal Pope in place at such a time as this - many previous Popes would have kicked off on this and if 1.3 billion Catholics were told not to take the jab and following boosters, we would have a very different Covid landscape to the broadly compliant one we have today.

You do understand - i have no idea why i'm asking this - that there's a significant difference between foetus' and fetal cells right?

Fetal cells are grown in a laboratory and part of a generations old decoding of the human genome.

The equivalency you're making is like saying that pigeons are the same pterodactyl's. Plus they were only used in trials of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and are based off the identical HEK 293 line that is commonly used to check the safety of a drug.

In fact if the use of a long distant relative of a once foetus cell bothers you i'd suggest you also avoid common drugs such as

Tylenol, Acetaminophen, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Acetylsalicylic Acid (ASA), Aleve, Naproxen, Pseudoephedrine, Sudafed, SudoGest, Suphedrine
Diphenhydramine, Benadryl, Loratadine and Claritin.

Which have all been tested against the same fetal cell line.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 10:30]
Covid booster jab side effects on 11:03 - Dec 9 with 1168 viewssaint901

My understanding is that the Catholic church has indicated that because the cell lines from what they call "elective aborted foetuses" are not used in the manufacture of the vaccines, then there is little risk of breaching any spiritual commandments and becoming a heretic.

Again my understanding is that the cell lines are used in testing the safety and efficacy of the vaccines.
Covid booster jab side effects on 12:25 - Dec 9 with 1143 viewsfranniesTache

Covid booster jab side effects on 11:03 - Dec 9 by saint901

My understanding is that the Catholic church has indicated that because the cell lines from what they call "elective aborted foetuses" are not used in the manufacture of the vaccines, then there is little risk of breaching any spiritual commandments and becoming a heretic.

Again my understanding is that the cell lines are used in testing the safety and efficacy of the vaccines.

your understanding is entirely correct, it sounds like you're not taking your information from facebook so i'll await the usual cry of "wake up" or "do your own research" from people who have done exactly the opposite
Covid booster jab side effects on 13:15 - Dec 9 with 1124 viewssaint901

Not on and don't use Facebook.

Google and Apple and all the others know where I am, what I'm buying, what I'm saying without any need to go to Facebook.

The point I was trying to make is that the Republican movement in the USA is often aligned with fundamentalist religious groups and there is a very deliberate blurring of the lines between GOP agendas and faith agendas.

As such pieces written by religious commentators need to be carefully examined to detect whether they are trying to serve two masters, especially in instances like this where he is obviously at odds with Catholic canon.
Covid booster jab side effects on 13:21 - Dec 9 with 1117 viewsPaleRider

Covid booster jab side effects on 12:25 - Dec 9 by franniesTache

your understanding is entirely correct, it sounds like you're not taking your information from facebook so i'll await the usual cry of "wake up" or "do your own research" from people who have done exactly the opposite

Frannie - I'm disgusted by your elitist approach. Why should I spend time researching facts or going back to primary sources when I can find someone online with no credentials and their own agendas to reinforce my own world view? Shame on you
Covid booster jab side effects on 15:36 - Dec 9 with 1081 viewssaint68

I see there's a chewing gum that's meant to be 99% effective in stopping transmission..Good news indeed.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Covid booster jab side effects on 10:31 - Dec 17 with 916 viewssaint68

This has been done to death Sogs..give it a rest😁

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024