Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bit of perspective and entertainment 10:49 - Nov 28 with 5353 viewsRichardO

I'm using Cooper's Forest as a comparison for the last six games given Martin and him are in similar positions new manager at their clubs

Swansea won 3 lost 2 and drawn 1 scored 10 conceded 9..... 10 points

Forest won 1 lost 0 and drawn 5 scored conceded 3....8 points.

I would rather watch a game under Martin than Cooper, nice to have the ups and downs of the game rather than grinding out boring draws and we even get more points.

Still relatively early days yet, Martin still has to learn the pro and cons of his players in a game enviroment in a Championship league that he is also new to.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 11:32]
A bit of perspective and entertainment on 12:18 - Dec 1 with 1011 viewsDr_Parnassus

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 12:07 - Dec 1 by RichardO

Once again you misinterpret things I didn't mention 6 Brentford game I commented on the 7 but once again it flew right over your head, you again was the one mentioning 6 Brentford games or did you build your stats on 7

We were talking about the play off final, you said we had competed with them and were evenly matched in the two years of matches previous as a reason why we should have been evenly matched in the final.

I showed you the 6 games prior to the final because they spanned the two seasons you were taking about.

Show me where we were evenly matched in those games. These are the ones you are referring to:-

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 13:38 - Dec 1 with 943 viewsRichardO

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 12:18 - Dec 1 by Dr_Parnassus

We were talking about the play off final, you said we had competed with them and were evenly matched in the two years of matches previous as a reason why we should have been evenly matched in the final.

I showed you the 6 games prior to the final because they spanned the two seasons you were taking about.

Show me where we were evenly matched in those games. These are the ones you are referring to:-

Sorry just checked and stand corrected. Perhaps I just saw what I wanted to prove a point it happens you know.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 13:42]
A bit of perspective and entertainment on 13:53 - Dec 1 with 925 viewsWhiterockin

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 13:38 - Dec 1 by RichardO

Sorry just checked and stand corrected. Perhaps I just saw what I wanted to prove a point it happens you know.

It takes a big person to say that. Well done.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 14:05 - Dec 1 with 905 viewsDr_Parnassus

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 13:38 - Dec 1 by RichardO

That’s my point, people are continually seeing what they want to see, not what the reality is.

No idea why people feel the need to continually make stuff up or frame things in the negative to bash Cooper in order to praise Russell Martin.

We are playing okay this year, just okay. We are quite negative despite having large periods of possession. It is the least attacking we have seen a Swansea team in the football league since Sousa.

Things were positive as we struck a good balance between entertaining football and winning football, but every time that happens he tries to revert back to plan A again and everything goes to dull rubbish again.

So we are now in a period where we are now hoping that he decides to strike that balance again and we can look to win games instead of just win the “stat sheet game” that only we are playing.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 14:08]

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 14:49 - Dec 1 with 880 viewsTreforys_Jack

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 13:53 - Dec 1 by Whiterockin

It takes a big person to say that. Well done.

Spoilt DrP's fun though, he was just warming up.
A bit of perspective and entertainment on 16:57 - Dec 1 with 835 viewsRichardO

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 14:05 - Dec 1 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s my point, people are continually seeing what they want to see, not what the reality is.

No idea why people feel the need to continually make stuff up or frame things in the negative to bash Cooper in order to praise Russell Martin.

We are playing okay this year, just okay. We are quite negative despite having large periods of possession. It is the least attacking we have seen a Swansea team in the football league since Sousa.

Things were positive as we struck a good balance between entertaining football and winning football, but every time that happens he tries to revert back to plan A again and everything goes to dull rubbish again.

So we are now in a period where we are now hoping that he decides to strike that balance again and we can look to win games instead of just win the “stat sheet game” that only we are playing.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 14:08]

You didn't do the same then ?
I'm quite happy to admit to mistakes are you
You kept quoting stats about our attacking play with no heed to the context of the games.
When you were called out about this seasons goal scoring average compared to last year you stated the obvious we did not have a top goal scorer but omitted to mention that this season we lost our top two goal scorers from last year.
Last year as perviously stated we had a relatively low scoring rate, countered by a good shape in defence and midfield, I thought we lost that in the second half of the season and struggled for possession and there was a lot of last ditch defending.

Nice to see you showing a bit of balance in your last discussion, as I tried to in previous discussion, you might have missed that.
Martin's team is a work in progress and needs to sort the balance within the team which has led to slow passing and does not need writing off at the very first chance no matter how frustrated we are.
A bit of perspective and entertainment on 20:20 - Dec 1 with 782 viewsDr_Parnassus

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 16:57 - Dec 1 by RichardO

You kept quoting stats about our attacking play with no heed to the context of the games.
When you were called out about this seasons goal scoring average compared to last year you stated the obvious we did not have a top goal scorer but omitted to mention that this season we lost our top two goal scorers from last year.
Last year as perviously stated we had a relatively low scoring rate, countered by a good shape in defence and midfield, I thought we lost that in the second half of the season and struggled for possession and there was a lot of last ditch defending.

Nice to see you showing a bit of balance in your last discussion, as I tried to in previous discussion, you might have missed that.
Martin's team is a work in progress and needs to sort the balance within the team which has led to slow passing and does not need writing off at the very first chance no matter how frustrated we are.

Do the same? Where?

Scoring goals is not a mark of attacking intent. You can score in a game and have no efforts on goal at all, while another can attack all game with 100 efforts on goal and not score. Your stat is to do with conversion rate, not attacking intent.

If we are to look at attacking intent then attacks, goalscoring opportunities and essentially efforts on goal are markers of attacking intent.

Our two top goalscorers last year were a forward and a winger, nothing was omitted. The point was made that this season we have a proper goal scorer up front, a natural striker in Piroe which is why our conversion rate will be higher - it’s why Cooper wanted a striker in January

I’m always balanced. I haven’t said anything bad about Martin at all, only levelling frustration at his insistence to return to a style that doesn’t work.

My only issue was when you suggested we are going out to win games now where as we haven’t in the last “so many years”. That’s was not, and is not true.

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 20:21 - Dec 1 with 779 viewsDr_Parnassus

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 14:49 - Dec 1 by Treforys_Jack

Spoilt DrP's fun though, he was just warming up.

I’m sure he still has life in him yet.

Login to get fewer ads

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 21:43 - Dec 1 with 765 viewsFireboy2

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 16:57 - Dec 1 by RichardO

Great post 👏
A bit of perspective and entertainment on 23:42 - Dec 1 with 739 viewsAndyCole

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 20:21 - Dec 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m sure he still has life in him yet.

LOL.

Hats off to the very best poster, of all Swans forums, by some margin.

Without doubt the most intelligent, eloquent, rounded, sincere poster, ever.

And the way in which you always put these trolls in their place is a joy to behold, most especially the interloping kind.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 01:02 - Dec 2 with 717 viewsDr_Parnassus

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 21:43 - Dec 1 by Fireboy2

Great post 👏

Which part?

The part where he failed to see the difference between conversion rate and attacking intent or the part where he didn’t see the difference between a natural goal scorer and make shift strikers?

Curious.

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 01:07 - Dec 2 with 715 viewsDr_Parnassus

A bit of perspective and entertainment on 23:42 - Dec 1 by AndyCole

LOL.

Hats off to the very best poster, of all Swans forums, by some margin.

Without doubt the most intelligent, eloquent, rounded, sincere poster, ever.

And the way in which you always put these trolls in their place is a joy to behold, most especially the interloping kind.

You are too kind sir.

I don’t mind people saying they prefer one style over another, one manager over another, are more entertained now than previously… it’s all good with me.

I just don’t like it when people change history and start creating myths to justify it. They shouldn’t need any of that to justify their like for something, reality should be enough.

That Brentford one had been doing the rounds for a while, suggesting we were somehow equals. They had beaten us 11-5 on aggregate over the 6 games prior in the two seasons mentioned.

Losing 2-0 was no surprise at all, they were 8/11 odds at the start of the game, odds on favourites. We were not equals.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024