Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SJ 08:29 - Dec 6 with 5213 viewsgazza1

I am not blaming any one person for the defeat yesterday.....there were many as far as I am concerned, defenders, midfielders and forwards however and please do not think that I apportion any extra blame on SJ,......

.....but what actual position in midfield does he play, his prime midfield position?? what are his key responsibilities when we play the match?? - I can't work it out tbh.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 8:30]
SJ on 08:33 - Dec 6 with 3049 viewsTheChef

So you're blaming him then?

Fair question - I still I think he is a bit more effective further forward, rather than as one of the two DMs. Difficult though with Chair and Willock doing well, but I suppose he could replace Chair when he goes to AFCON.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

SJ on 08:37 - Dec 6 with 3026 viewsgazza1

SJ on 08:33 - Dec 6 by TheChef

So you're blaming him then?

Fair question - I still I think he is a bit more effective further forward, rather than as one of the two DMs. Difficult though with Chair and Willock doing well, but I suppose he could replace Chair when he goes to AFCON.

No I am NOT blaming him.......I could name many.

If he is a DM then where was he for their goals???
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 8:38]
SJ on 08:40 - Dec 6 with 3006 viewseghamranger

Good player, but it was his mistake, when he lost possession, that created their first goal.

We all make them I suppose , but I’m with you on the question. Think at times the team is built around him , but he didn’t have a great game yesterday
SJ on 08:44 - Dec 6 with 2989 viewsgazza1

SJ on 08:40 - Dec 6 by eghamranger

Good player, but it was his mistake, when he lost possession, that created their first goal.

We all make them I suppose , but I’m with you on the question. Think at times the team is built around him , but he didn’t have a great game yesterday

It wasn't SJ....it was Dozzell that gave the ball away!!!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 8:46]
SJ on 08:46 - Dec 6 with 2979 viewsParkRoyalR

SJ on 08:37 - Dec 6 by gazza1

No I am NOT blaming him.......I could name many.

If he is a DM then where was he for their goals???
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 8:38]

This is a ridiculous post.

SJ is the creative hub of the team, but wihout our 1st choice centre-forward (obviously not Austin as previously asserted by yourself) and 1st and 2nd choice wing-backs his options were restricted.

Field looks like that mobile CDM with a good first touch, control + mobility we need alongside SJ, so hopefully Dykes, Moses, Adomah back soon so we can play our best 11.
SJ on 08:50 - Dec 6 with 2946 viewsgazza1

SJ on 08:46 - Dec 6 by ParkRoyalR

This is a ridiculous post.

SJ is the creative hub of the team, but wihout our 1st choice centre-forward (obviously not Austin as previously asserted by yourself) and 1st and 2nd choice wing-backs his options were restricted.

Field looks like that mobile CDM with a good first touch, control + mobility we need alongside SJ, so hopefully Dykes, Moses, Adomah back soon so we can play our best 11.

Typical silly post from you.....expected. Sadly you just do not understand - but hey - ho you cant help being a silly billy . Dozzell out then in your opinion!!!
SJ on 08:50 - Dec 6 with 2946 viewsQPROslo

I think he is best as a central midfielder with especially Field playing behind him in a holding role as they played after they came in on loan last season. This allows SJ to play further forward directing attacking play, what he is best at with his imaginative passing. This season I suspect he hadn't had a good enough pre-season, has had Ball playing in the DCM role but a bit all over the place in reality and more recently nobody really at DCM so he's back in the back 3 collecting the ball himself and often not able to risk getting to far forward. Dozzell plays more and more along side him.

I'd have liked to see Field playing in DCM last night, he may have stopped both goals if he had been, and hope he plays there going forward. I'd have had Willock at emergency LWB again last night, especially as Stoke didnt attack much down that side and Willock could have got forward from there with Field covering.
SJ on 08:51 - Dec 6 with 2944 viewsTheChef

We've lost one game. Really it's not the end of the world.

We're still 5th. Enjoy yourself. Be happy.

Login to get fewer ads

SJ on 08:55 - Dec 6 with 2919 viewsgazza1

SJ on 08:50 - Dec 6 by QPROslo

I think he is best as a central midfielder with especially Field playing behind him in a holding role as they played after they came in on loan last season. This allows SJ to play further forward directing attacking play, what he is best at with his imaginative passing. This season I suspect he hadn't had a good enough pre-season, has had Ball playing in the DCM role but a bit all over the place in reality and more recently nobody really at DCM so he's back in the back 3 collecting the ball himself and often not able to risk getting to far forward. Dozzell plays more and more along side him.

I'd have liked to see Field playing in DCM last night, he may have stopped both goals if he had been, and hope he plays there going forward. I'd have had Willock at emergency LWB again last night, especially as Stoke didnt attack much down that side and Willock could have got forward from there with Field covering.

Willock is wasted at LWB......
SJ on 08:56 - Dec 6 with 2913 viewsgazza1

Well, I look at the league table and we have lost 5 or 6 matches!!!!!
SJ on 08:58 - Dec 6 with 2907 viewsEastR

The problem yesterday wasn't down to any one player, it was our shape. They outnumbered us in the central areas and when we lost possession they were able to play the ball forward through the middle with ease. Both their goals came from the same place, central outside the box in front of the back 3.

I thought that's where Field have been playing.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

SJ on 09:05 - Dec 6 with 2874 viewsgazza1

SJ on 08:51 - Dec 6 by TheChef

We've lost one game. Really it's not the end of the world.

We're still 5th. Enjoy yourself. Be happy.

SJ on 09:07 - Dec 6 with 2859 viewsTheChef

SJ on 09:05 - Dec 6 by gazza1

Oh well, you're obviously a glass half empty kinda guy.

Lots to be positive about this manager and group of players, but everyone's different.

SJ on 09:09 - Dec 6 with 2844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a great question.
I'd love to know if JoJo is supposed to be an anchor. I'm not sure what his exact role is at certain times, as we are fairly fluid.

I would love to know if the tactics allow for or even encourage the following:

1) The very high defensive line
2) Barbet to push so wide that Campbell was allowed run through a huge channel for the first goal
3) Us to have no anchor role when we're penning in the oppo,
and
4) (which we saw for the second goal) the central midfielders pressing the ball in our own box and no-one taking up the anchor role

The answer to some of these may well be that they are deemed acceptable risks and the trade off is scoring 31 games in a row and being fifth in the table, which may well be fair enough.

Or the answer may well be that, no, none of these are acceptable and players are committing errors.

So, JoJo may well be acting on instruction or he may be committing errors.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SJ on 09:13 - Dec 6 with 2826 viewsTheChef

Also I'm really not sure if he's fully fit - but then all the other injuries are preventing him from getting some rest.

Championship innit.

SJ on 09:14 - Dec 6 with 2820 viewsgazza1

SJ on 09:07 - Dec 6 by TheChef

Oh well, you're obviously a glass half empty kinda guy.

Lots to be positive about this manager and group of players, but everyone's different.

Read my posts, that will give you a clue.......I am very positive indeed, rate the management, rate the players, rate the directors, etc, etc. My glass is half full for sure.

Just a simple question about SJ that has not been answered yet.

PS - If I was 'half empty' then I would not have purchased a QPR Bond
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 9:17]
SJ on 09:16 - Dec 6 with 2810 viewsgazza1

SJ on 09:13 - Dec 6 by TheChef

Also I'm really not sure if he's fully fit - but then all the other injuries are preventing him from getting some rest.

Championship innit.

My opinion re his fitness.....MW would not play him unless he is fully fit. He says it all the time that he looks after the players - 100%, hence, one of the reasons, why we have the team spirit that we have.
SJ on 09:17 - Dec 6 with 2807 viewsParkRoyalR

I make that 2 silly-billys!

Or shall we just start Dom + Charlie and see how quickly we can get to 16th!

Austin's fitness did not even allow him to muster a run-out for his penalty. interesting tho he ran around a little bit after the miss, so he can run a bit when it's in his self-interest but not for 60 odd minutes prior. Compare his effort for the team to say Dykes (or Chair who played the whole 2nd Half with a right foot injury) I know who'd I rather have my back.

Positives yesterday were Field and Thomas who looks like he might be able to full-on for Chair during AFCON.
SJ on 09:20 - Dec 6 with 2779 viewsParkRoyalR

SJ on 09:14 - Dec 6 by gazza1

Read my posts, that will give you a clue.......I am very positive indeed, rate the management, rate the players, rate the directors, etc, etc. My glass is half full for sure.

Just a simple question about SJ that has not been answered yet.

PS - If I was 'half empty' then I would not have purchased a QPR Bond
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 9:17]

Oslo answered it perfectly.

I think 99% of our fans can see this.
SJ on 09:26 - Dec 6 with 2741 viewsgazza1

SJ on 09:17 - Dec 6 by ParkRoyalR

Austin's fitness did not even allow him to muster a run-out for his penalty. interesting tho he ran around a little bit after the miss, so he can run a bit when it's in his self-interest but not for 60 odd minutes prior. Compare his effort for the team to say Dykes (or Chair who played the whole 2nd Half with a right foot injury) I know who'd I rather have my back.

Positives yesterday were Field and Thomas who looks like he might be able to full-on for Chair during AFCON.

I do not believe that Charlie is not 1st choice......current form suggests that Dykes is but he is still pretty limited, some may say Gray should be 1st choice. All 3 currently are pretty average despite Grays winner at Derby.

As for Dom Ball, shocked that he has not had a 'sniff' for the last several matches....can you imagine if he had given the ball away for our two of the last 3 goals that we conceded. I would also suggest there would have been big questions about the last goal that Stoke scored as well, something like 'WTF was our DCM Dom doing for that goal'!!! There was no CM anywhere is sight!!!

Field done nothing yet apart from getting onto the field, yesterday he was out of his depth at LWB and Thomas has been disappointing overall.

But hey, you just would not understand...perhaps one day but not yet.
SJ on 09:31 - Dec 6 with 2709 viewsgazza1

SJ on 09:20 - Dec 6 by ParkRoyalR

Oslo answered it perfectly.

I think 99% of our fans can see this.

Well, Oslo can think what he likes.....but to think that SJ is our best CM is 'proper' madness. He has struggled 'big time' this season - perhaps 1 very decent game, the rest have been below par.

As for Field....I wait to see how this 'wonderboy' will develop. He has done OK thus far.
SJ on 09:34 - Dec 6 with 2684 viewsHooparoo

SJ on 09:17 - Dec 6 by ParkRoyalR

Agree about Thomas. He looked good and was unlucky not to score

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

SJ on 09:37 - Dec 6 with 2666 viewsgazza1

SJ on 09:34 - Dec 6 by Hooparoo

Agree about Thomas. He looked good and was unlucky not to score

Agreed, he did very well when he came on but, perhaps, should have scored......another opportunity missed.

Overall, since he been here....disappointing.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 9:39]
SJ on 09:38 - Dec 6 with 2664 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Great post.

I think MW stubbornness cost us a bit yesterday much as I love him. All those injured WBs and he still tries to play it. Why not vary it and grind out the result for a change.

Having said all that Stoke were good and we still created plenty of chances even on a bad day at the office.
SJ on 09:48 - Dec 6 with 2610 viewsParkRoyalR

SJ on 09:26 - Dec 6 by gazza1

I do not believe that Charlie is not 1st choice......current form suggests that Dykes is but he is still pretty limited, some may say Gray should be 1st choice. All 3 currently are pretty average despite Grays winner at Derby.

As for Dom Ball, shocked that he has not had a 'sniff' for the last several matches....can you imagine if he had given the ball away for our two of the last 3 goals that we conceded. I would also suggest there would have been big questions about the last goal that Stoke scored as well, something like 'WTF was our DCM Dom doing for that goal'!!! There was no CM anywhere is sight!!!

Field done nothing yet apart from getting onto the field, yesterday he was out of his depth at LWB and Thomas has been disappointing overall.

But hey, you just would not understand...perhaps one day but not yet.

Out of his depth....shocked that he has not had a sniff...Gazza for all of us to go to football and know or sit near to someone and think what game is he watching...you are that man!

The key question after yesterday's game for the 99% is would a change of formation with Field at CDM have helped prevent those 2 goals and bolster our midfield?

I believe it would have helped put pressure on their midfield and helped with a long standing area of weakness in this team, closing down the space in front of our centre backs.

Now back to Dom....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024