Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron 09:13 - Dec 13 with 13143 viewssaint68

Is that the same omicron that is spreading phenomenally and put 10 people in hospital...it also seems to bypass the vaccines

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/12/how-omicron-appears-to-be-infectin

Mild illness reported widely

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/09/south-african-covid-cases-up-255-i

The media scaremongering and government rhetoric is so alarmist..its embarrassing!!

Businesses are once again getting hit hard and the F&B sector is yet again going to lose out on their busiest annual period.

Stopping GP'S from doing their routine care and instead focusing on a massive rollout of a vaccine that doesn’t seem to stop the spread is ridiculous.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 01:15 - Dec 21 with 1577 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 23:16 - Dec 20 by ParanoidHemroid

An interesting 25 minutes from a professor in mathematics

It's absolute trash.

1. The very first graph does not have a consistent scale, it tells you nothing
2. When talking about vaccinated vs unvaccinated, he is showing numbers (absolutes) rather than percentages of each demographic, which tell you the real picture
3. The "models" do not show the impact on the health service if no one was vaccinated. It would be f**ked. But there is no A/B test possible to show that.

He's yet another person attempting to be clever, showing stats in a way that suits the narrative (and that is an art) but anyone who knows about stats can see through the bull.

Get vaccinated. Wear a mask. End of story. Lockdowns will be pointless as no one will obey them this time and also, not needed if everyone just wore a f**king mask and those that needed a vaccine got a vaccine or 3.

I'm sick of anti vaccinated, anti mask and generally people being selfish pricks and posting drivel on these forums. So I'm going to flounce off and leave you all too it now.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 01:32 - Dec 21 with 1563 viewsDorsetIan

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 21:46 - Dec 20 by saint68

Oh Ian my poor little baby, I've been shrewd enough and had the awareness to obtain a life free of work by 52...my last contract was over £8000 a month clear and all expenses paid..I am a proper thick coont that now has zero need to work ever again and my wife and children have zero need to worry when I pass on...I'm a practical man that sees life far differently than you..the only downfall is that I spend too much time on here winding up mugs like you to fill the void from being at work..I consider weekly going back to eliminate my desire to wind idiots like you up and bolster my account ..its difficult being so bored that I've engaged in being some kind of pantomime villan on here...maybe I need to just say fuk you once more and retire from the ugly for good.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 22:12]

I‘m sorry that you haven‘t found fulfilment in your retirement. You must ask yourself whether all those long hours were worth it.

But what a sad admission - all those silly posts just to fill an existential void. They do say money can’t buy you happiness.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 08:52 - Dec 21 with 1468 viewssaint901

Because I'm a sad pedant with a need to find distraction from the day job at this time of year, I've gone back and looked at some of the alleged proofs that we - the great unwashed but vaccinated - are hapless fools of a political and rich elite that for reasons unexplained wants to "control".

Where links have been provided that allege to back up statements that vaccination is ineffective and Covid is not really absorbing a lot of medical capacity and that in the US owning a gun means you can't get Covid, I've followed them. Not one actually proves the statement made. Instead it's a mish mash of selective statistics, outrageous and unscientific ideas and superstition.

Where statements have been made claiming evidence exists but the poster cannot or will not provide any link to an external verification, I have nonetheless tried to find some evidence. I've failed. That may be down to my poor research skills but equally it could be because there is no verification.

I've therefore decided that because I need to get some tasks done before the end of the week, wasting more time on increasingly incredible stories and unproven nonsense is not sensible.

I will therefore join others in having a flounce and leave this thread to hopefully wither and fall down the page.
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 10:43 - Dec 21 with 1427 viewssaint68

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 08:52 - Dec 21 by saint901

Because I'm a sad pedant with a need to find distraction from the day job at this time of year, I've gone back and looked at some of the alleged proofs that we - the great unwashed but vaccinated - are hapless fools of a political and rich elite that for reasons unexplained wants to "control".

Where links have been provided that allege to back up statements that vaccination is ineffective and Covid is not really absorbing a lot of medical capacity and that in the US owning a gun means you can't get Covid, I've followed them. Not one actually proves the statement made. Instead it's a mish mash of selective statistics, outrageous and unscientific ideas and superstition.

Where statements have been made claiming evidence exists but the poster cannot or will not provide any link to an external verification, I have nonetheless tried to find some evidence. I've failed. That may be down to my poor research skills but equally it could be because there is no verification.

I've therefore decided that because I need to get some tasks done before the end of the week, wasting more time on increasingly incredible stories and unproven nonsense is not sensible.

I will therefore join others in having a flounce and leave this thread to hopefully wither and fall down the page.

This could end up being one of those good old fashioned (BUMPED ) Posts, merry Christmas 901🥂

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 11:04 - Dec 21 with 1410 viewsSadoldgit

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 01:15 - Dec 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It's absolute trash.

2. When talking about vaccinated vs unvaccinated, he is showing numbers (absolutes) rather than percentages of each demographic, which tell you the real picture
3. The "models" do not show the impact on the health service if no one was vaccinated. It would be f**ked. But there is no A/B test possible to show that.

He's yet another person attempting to be clever, showing stats in a way that suits the narrative (and that is an art) but anyone who knows about stats can see through the bull.

Get vaccinated. Wear a mask. End of story. Lockdowns will be pointless as no one will obey them this time and also, not needed if everyone just wore a f**king mask and those that needed a vaccine got a vaccine or 3.

I'm sick of anti vaccinated, anti mask and generally people being selfish pricks and posting drivel on these forums. So I'm going to flounce off and leave you all too it now.

Those familiar with public announcements from WW2 will recall the need for everyone to “do their bit” for the war effort. In this war against a nasty pandemic our “bit” only involves getting a few vaccinations, wearing a mask and taking sensible precautions when going out. Not much to ask to help protect others and ourselves is it really?
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 14:08 - Dec 21 with 1350 viewsPoirot

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 23:16 - Dec 20 by ParanoidHemroid

An interesting 25 minutes from a professor in mathematics

Awful misleading guff

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:29 - Dec 21 with 1306 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 14:08 - Dec 21 by Poirot

Awful misleading guff

How is it misleading?

or haven't you got any details on this for some reason? ie no argument

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:45 - Dec 21 with 1307 viewsParanoidHemroid

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 01:15 - Dec 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It's absolute trash.

I'm sorry if that made you angry,!

The first graph, showing country comparisons?
I think you have probably formed an opinion before even watching the video. Food for thought though eh!
I can't say im totally sure either way, but I like to challenge my opinions. Are you able to challenge your own opinions?
Try not to get so worked up. Stress weakens the immune system. Have your ever thought about meditation? It's a natural immune system booster.

Best wishes!

Poll: Do you think there should be a seperate page for polls?

Login to get fewer ads

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 16:00 - Dec 21 with 1282 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:45 - Dec 21 by ParanoidHemroid

I'm sorry if that made you angry,!

The first graph, showing country comparisons?
I think you have probably formed an opinion before even watching the video. Food for thought though eh!
I can't say im totally sure either way, but I like to challenge my opinions. Are you able to challenge your own opinions?
Try not to get so worked up. Stress weakens the immune system. Have your ever thought about meditation? It's a natural immune system booster.

Best wishes!

Correct. Lots of angry denial going on here and everywhere. Maybe people are starting to realise what has happened.

The first graph is logarithmic. It's kind of a basic tool for staticians. Everybody uses it, and only the uneducated don't understand this.

The reason he is using absolutes in the first instance is to clearly show the effected/ injured/ death numbers for comparable analysis

Then he does show the stats per 100k using government figures. He has shown the real stats logically and tranparently. The government are the ones who are not being transparent, yet have the raw data. Are we surprised?

This risk management professsor has been making videos for some while, and has consistently asked and made sensible statements. He was asked to work on this data, and then he came up with some conclusions ; which some people don't seem to like. Then his work doesn't get published/peer reviewed. It shows you how corrupt our peer review process is.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 13:53]

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 17:20 - Dec 21 with 1249 viewsPoirot

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:29 - Dec 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How is it misleading?

or haven't you got any details on this for some reason? ie no argument

I dont trust him and as he says himself you can spin stats around to suit whatever you like.

He describes himself as anti lockdown and a civil libertarian , ie a selfish bastard
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 13:39 - Dec 22 with 1118 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 17:20 - Dec 21 by Poirot

I dont trust him and as he says himself you can spin stats around to suit whatever you like.

He describes himself as anti lockdown and a civil libertarian , ie a selfish bastard

You could argue that only selfish people want the lockdowns to re-start and continue. It is destroying peoples lives, livelyhoods and mental health.

On the stats, yes they have been spun to suit the lockdown agendas. The lies have been through the roof, and it normally takes less than a day for Whitty and Vallence's latest BS to be unspun.

MLT is just asking questions and for more debate on the issues and facts. Only the sheeple are still swallowing everything the MSM are still spouting. Most people can see through at least some of the lies, and many have had enough. The Tory parties will be the straw that breaks the camels back.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 14:10]

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:33 - Dec 22 with 1061 viewsSaintsforeverj

As people know, I am not a conspiracy merchant or and anti vaxxer at all, but can someone please explain how the Welsh government think it makes sense to allow 30 people to mix in a single household, but only 6 can sit at a table in a restaurant? So people can have a massive Christmas party with 50 in the garden and 30 inside, but have the stay apart from their friends in a restaurant. If these daft restrictions are coming in here, then I think I will emigrate to Mars.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/covid-boxing-day-restrictions-rules-

And anyone explain why Welsh people will be fined for going to.work but free to go to the pub?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/people-wales-
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 18:37]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:53 - Dec 22 with 1038 views1885_SFC

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:33 - Dec 22 by Saintsforeverj

As people know, I am not a conspiracy merchant or and anti vaxxer at all, but can someone please explain how the Welsh government think it makes sense to allow 30 people to mix in a single household, but only 6 can sit at a table in a restaurant? So people can have a massive Christmas party with 50 in the garden and 30 inside, but have the stay apart from their friends in a restaurant. If these daft restrictions are coming in here, then I think I will emigrate to Mars.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/covid-boxing-day-restrictions-rules-

And anyone explain why Welsh people will be fined for going to.work but free to go to the pub?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/people-wales-

It's Wales... where most of the population have the IQ of a flip-flop.

Old School is Cool

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 19:05 - Dec 22 with 1030 viewsBicester_North

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:33 - Dec 22 by Saintsforeverj

That Welsh Labour government is even more mental than ours.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 23:23 - Dec 22 with 975 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/omicron-delta-study-coronav

So as was suspected, this variant is milder and is causing much less hospitalisation. With the majority of over 50's all vaccinated with a booster jab, there is hope yet that Boris won't go the same way as the Welsh with a panicked over reaction.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 23:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 09:32 - Dec 23 with 936 viewsGasGiant

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 19:05 - Dec 22 by Bicester_North

That Welsh Labour government is even more mental than ours.

I was waiting for that champion of Government accountability Saint22 to point out the fallibility of the Welsh Labour Assembly's rulings but he has remained strangely silent. It must have fallen in the half of the political spectrum that he kindly redacts for everyone.
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 10:46 - Dec 23 with 915 viewsJaySaint

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024