Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I will tell you why I feel cheated. 20:06 - Jan 2 with 6476 viewstodfest

I have supported this club for 56 years,half of them as a season ticket holder.No big deal, just fact.
The history of my club has been littered with great people trying their best,facing great obstacles just to enable us to survive.Throughout we have maintained league status through dire circumstances.People throughout time have dipped into their own pockets to ensure our own survival.
Thanks to the realection process of the past our league tenure survived another year.
Yet I digress.To be compared with bottomley is a tad sad just because I see issues differently.I have the upmost respect for all who helped potentially defeat this hostile takeover,but my point was going in to the second half of the season with an inexperienced squad and potentially losing some of our better players to me is a cause for concern.Bringing new players in will be a bonus, hopefully they gel and transform us into a more consistent team,but I fear for us and I won't hide from that There is no re-election process and bottomley and his cohorts will have achieved their goal
As for the EFL,I hope you in the know are confident that severe sanctions will be implemented on these criminals because nothing has been done over previous years this has been happening.How many clubs have to die or be critically injured before they act.l am waiting to be pleasantly surprised
Yes I am cinical.Against all the odds we had 7+ years of relative success and we had our legs cut from underus right under our noses,within the club with not a hint of questioning.
I love my club and the soul within it.I am glad supporters now have a voice.I speak these thoughts only on the second half of the season as you are all right,if we survive unscathed the short to medium term looks promising.
Up the Dale
I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 14:40 - Jan 3 with 1316 viewsRAFCBLUE

I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 14:37 - Jan 3 by Dalenet

Indeed. I do deals and I am aware of reps and warranties. I think you may have answered my question. These were chancers who genuinely thought they were going to get a valuable asset via the back door for a comparatively small amount of money. They did have an advisor after all; although he has proven himself to be completely incompetent. Our Board will know if any reps and warranties were issued and will have taken advice on whether they are compromised in their actions.

As the Board was changed prior to any deals on shares being formalised, I fail to see how any competent purchaser can rely on reps and warranties previously issued.

Spectacularly incompetent all round
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 14:40]

Our Board would never know.

The deals were done privately between Morton House and sellers so not reviewed, seen or ever touched by the club.

So limited to just a small number of people, Gateley (who acted for Morton House) and Alexander Jarvis (agent for Morton House) as well as Southall and Curran

If those Sale and Purchase Agreements (SPA) are ever published in the public domain they would be dynamite......

I wonder if Jarvis leaked them too like everything else?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 23:12 - Jan 3 with 1049 viewsJames1980

I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 09:06 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

There are two "authorities" in play here with different roles and responsibilities.

First, the competitions and the integrity of them is run by the EFL. There is nothing at all in the timelines of evidence that all the supporters have pieced together to suggest that there is any sporting integrity issue.

We finished 21st in 2020/21 and we were relegated on merit having played the same number (46) of games as everyone else. It may stick in the craw that having seen Henderson released and many others and then those filled with unproven players be the reason we were relegated it is what is it.

Second, the corporate stuff is referenced to the Companies Act. All directors have a responsibility to shareholders - and that is ALL shareholders not just one or two.

I don't think there has been any devaluation and that is hard to tell in any event because the accounts we all need to see to form that view are the ones to 31 May 2021 - which end the day before the AGM/EGM.

The last set published before the June 2021 AGM/EGM should be taken with a pinch of salt because although they showed a profit that profit is now against the backdrop of recent events.

How to take action if you have concerns?

(1) Refer ourselves to the EFL and co-operate fully. The EFL are all over this case and the club have said multiple times that they are providing full co-operating with the EFL. This is balanced against Morton House who the EFL have said are refusing to co-operate.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc2/

You have to think that this is going nowhere until the EFL conclude their investigation and report.

(2) If you are a shareholder who bought from a share issue (as opposed to a private transaction) you can only take action is you were missold but it very distant and expensive to approve and as Mark Hodkinson article stated early in 2021:

Each share has generally cost between £1 and £2. Most own just a handful and, really, they stand as quasi-souvenirs.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54603/mark-hodkinson-inside

The more interesting one:

What happens if you were a new party (lets say a consortium involving Matthew Southall, Andrew Curran and Alexander Jarvis) WRONGLY convinced into overpaying a small number of private individuals (sellers) for Rochdale AFC shares only to find you have massively overpaid based on facts and evidence that come out?

Sellers will always claim "caveat emptor" (the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made) but when you buy something in a rush from people who are keen to take your money off you, you should do all your due diligence checks.

The point there is to go back to the seller. If the representations (called warranties) made by the seller were bad then there is a legal route to getting your money back by enacting those warranties and the private transactions is reversed (i.e. you get your money back and costs and the seller gets their shares back).

In one of his inside the Boardroom reports Mark Hodkinson talks about what a passionate Rochdale Fan DB was, so perhaps those of us who were duped shouldn't feel so bad.

I feel terrible for being taken in btw and for any comments I made that supported him

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 23:26 - Jan 3 with 1016 viewsEd_Ingley

I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 23:12 - Jan 3 by James1980

In one of his inside the Boardroom reports Mark Hodkinson talks about what a passionate Rochdale Fan DB was, so perhaps those of us who were duped shouldn't feel so bad.

I feel terrible for being taken in btw and for any comments I made that supported him

Don't
I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 23:43 - Jan 3 with 982 viewsR17ALE

I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 23:12 - Jan 3 by James1980

Don't. Dozens, possibly hundreds fell for his bullshittery.

A convert has the greatest zeal. There's a lot of converts knocking about!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

I will tell you why I feel cheated. on 23:55 - Jan 3 with 947 viewsSandyman

The one who claimed to be a lifelong, passionate fan of "this wonderful club" (a direct quote) was happy to be photographed in an AFC Fylde scarf, and an AFC Fylde club tie some 6 months later after leaving paid employment here.
There is not a one of us who would ever consider defecting and wearing another clubs colours because we are genuine.
He wasn't. Narcissist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024