Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee 17:38 - Jan 5 with 9460 viewsGruffStephens

Seems the swans are struggling to convince sides their upcoming players would flourish at Swansea.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:40 - Jan 5 with 1989 viewsGruffStephens

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:08 - Jan 5 by Chief

Yes a lot of speculation and things going on that's hard to make a great deal of sense of currently.

We need to grasp there a cash flow issue.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:44 - Jan 5 with 1986 viewsbuilthjack

Let's hope we don't leave our transfer business until the last few days again, sell our prize assets, and bring in a few below average bargain basement loans or buys.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:55 - Jan 5 with 1962 viewsGruffStephens

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:44 - Jan 5 by builthjack

Let's hope we don't leave our transfer business until the last few days again, sell our prize assets, and bring in a few below average bargain basement loans or buys.

I think we have everything lined up, as I said cash is the issue.
We are digging to find out more.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 02:22 - Jan 6 with 1883 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

League position or style of play?

What good is it sending your young players to Swansea City at the moment?

How are they going to develop when 60-80% of each game will consist of them walking around the centre of the pitch, making 10 yard passes with no purposeful intent.

Whilst I'm sure the loan fee from Bournemouth is a bonus, do you really think Manchester United care for a few extra hundred thousand pounds? They'll have sent him there because they think he has a better chance of improving whilst playing and training for Bournemouth.

Yet, even that won't be enough to wake up the most deluded of Swansea City supporters who have been manipulated into thinking a high possession statistic signifies "exciting football". We're a joke. Opposition fans are not jealous of us - they laugh at us.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 07:46 - Jan 6 with 1857 viewsBillyChong

All this talk of Mr Silverstein’s investment yet we can’t pull together £400k to buy a keeper from MK Dons. We were buying players for more than that when we were in this division 10 years ago. What a shambles.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 08:26 - Jan 6 with 1826 viewsvetchonian

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:40 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

We need to grasp there a cash flow issue.

There seems like there is though to blame this entirely on Drakfeord and the banning of fans is a little stretched we are told there are 14000 ish season tickets so its not all down to reduced ticket sales though of course we have all benefited this season from discounted prices.

What is interesting is that this scenario was the basis used for justifying the sale by the sellouts, we were constantly borrowing against tv monies and transfer receipts to keep cash flow positive...HJ famously said these new owners would enable the club to move forwards and not be in this position again?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 08:32 - Jan 6 with 1819 viewsEagleEye

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:39 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

He most certainly has gone. Unless there’s a huge love in planned with a manager who hasn’t trusted him all season.

More annoyingly to support the lack of cash rumours Balogun at Arsenal is nigh on a Middlesbrough player, further confirms for me financial situation.

Balogun to Middlesbrough should not be a surprise. Wilder has them in the play off spots. Sending a young prospect to a bottom half Championship side cannot compete with a promotion chasing squad with the prospect of staying for EPL experience or even a sale if the team get promoted. It’s more of a surprise that he didn’t join Cooper at Forest
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 08:56 - Jan 6 with 1784 viewsBillyChong

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 08:26 - Jan 6 by vetchonian

There seems like there is though to blame this entirely on Drakfeord and the banning of fans is a little stretched we are told there are 14000 ish season tickets so its not all down to reduced ticket sales though of course we have all benefited this season from discounted prices.

What is interesting is that this scenario was the basis used for justifying the sale by the sellouts, we were constantly borrowing against tv monies and transfer receipts to keep cash flow positive...HJ famously said these new owners would enable the club to move forwards and not be in this position again?

Agree. The nonsense about the Trust lending money at an inflated interest rate. What about the 27 ‘investors’ who sit in the background? Have they invested a dime since the takeover? No one from the current ownership has ‘invested’ anything other than loans to the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 08:57 - Jan 6 with 1784 viewsandypitt56

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 08:32 - Jan 6 by EagleEye

Balogun to Middlesbrough should not be a surprise. Wilder has them in the play off spots. Sending a young prospect to a bottom half Championship side cannot compete with a promotion chasing squad with the prospect of staying for EPL experience or even a sale if the team get promoted. It’s more of a surprise that he didn’t join Cooper at Forest

Supposedly they are going to pay 40k a week, certainly not worth that amount for an unproven young player. He has talent sure,but not for me at that price when we have piroe starting week in week out.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:02 - Jan 6 with 1681 viewsBadlands

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:04 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Silverstein want to see how his £5m is being invested and by whom. If impressed there could be more coming. He wants I imagine to persuade the SCST to stop wasting their time paying lawyers.

The SCST could join the Convertible loan and give Swansea city £400k to buy Fisher. Why should they you ask?. Because they are owners.

The £400k would get 5% return compared against 0.15% in the Santander. £20,000 a year return. They have wasted legal fees of £250k already. Members need to get a grip of that organisation.

Excellent post.
Also, the reluctance to spend £400,000 on Fisher could be down to him being no better than two keepers we already have.
No goalkeeper will feel safe when the players dorectly in front of him are changed every game and are chosen out if position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:14 - Jan 6 with 1648 viewsChief

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:02 - Jan 6 by Badlands

Excellent post.
Also, the reluctance to spend £400,000 on Fisher could be down to him being no better than two keepers we already have.
No goalkeeper will feel safe when the players dorectly in front of him are changed every game and are chosen out if position.

'Excellent'?

Even though:
- There's zero indication that Silverstein is here to talk to the trust about the shareholding (he's specifically stated hes here to oversee transfers).
- The trust weren't invited to contribute to the last loan and haven't even been informed of the details of it (despite it being a year old).
- The trust are shareholders but minority shareholders who don't have the power to decide that they want to loan the club money at an interest rate of their choice.
- The trust shouldn't / won't take money out of the club when we're 16th in the championship.
- Reluctance from who? Martin's obviously identified him and thinks he's better than what we've got.

How's Pearlman and the Americans by the way? Had much contact with them since your last meeting?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 11:16]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:24 - Jan 6 with 1617 viewsGruffStephens

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:14 - Jan 6 by Chief

'Excellent'?

Even though:
- There's zero indication that Silverstein is here to talk to the trust about the shareholding (he's specifically stated hes here to oversee transfers).
- The trust weren't invited to contribute to the last loan and haven't even been informed of the details of it (despite it being a year old).
- The trust are shareholders but minority shareholders who don't have the power to decide that they want to loan the club money at an interest rate of their choice.
- The trust shouldn't / won't take money out of the club when we're 16th in the championship.
- Reluctance from who? Martin's obviously identified him and thinks he's better than what we've got.

How's Pearlman and the Americans by the way? Had much contact with them since your last meeting?

I still maintain all this Fisher stuff is agreed but there will be a scrap over the fee.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:28 - Jan 6 with 1611 viewsChief

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:24 - Jan 6 by GruffStephens

I still maintain all this Fisher stuff is agreed but there will be a scrap over the fee.

Yea of course Martin's identified him and wants him.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:32 - Jan 6 with 1605 viewsnantywatcher

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:02 - Jan 6 by Badlands

Excellent post.

We do NOT need to spend £50 on a new keeper, let alone £400k. Benda (and Hamer to a certain point) are more than good enough at this level. As every week passes I trust the regime running this club less and less. It feels like we can only go one way continuedly feeding one man's ego.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:38 - Jan 6 with 1578 viewsonehunglow

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:32 - Jan 6 by nantywatcher

We do NOT need to spend £50 on a new keeper, let alone £400k. Benda (and Hamer to a certain point) are more than good enough at this level. As every week passes I trust the regime running this club less and less. It feels like we can only go one way continuedly feeding one man's ego.

Nant.
I thought Benda was ok and then Hamer seemed to be better but has regressed.I put this down to the coaching we have.
Its why I feel lonesome at times on here

I have seen many managers in my 71 years at the club and all have had love/hate attached at ome time and we all overreact no matter what some say. However,I believe Martin i possibly our worst ever appointment. Forget Cullis a that was a joke .

Bobby Brad was not as bad and he did not damage the club and he was unceremoniously dumped after weeks whereas Russ seems to have unfettered support from many.

This fella could truly screw us and he has to go sometime soon IF we can find a better option which our Chairman should be looking at now.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 12:15 - Jan 6 with 1544 viewsAndyCole

The total destruction by Cooper's Forest was The watershed moment for many.

The wider football community witnessed a proper Man vs Boy schooling by Cooper on Martin. EPL managers, Owners and just as importantly players.

Martin's arrogance needs some ballast. There is absolutely nothing of substance underpinning his ego. It's a masterclass in PR spin.

Even a few of the sheeple here have ceased chewing their cud, and daring to look up and 'See'.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 12:41 - Jan 6 with 1504 viewsBillyChong

Excellent post.

We are talking £400k here, hardly ‘next level’ stuff. Kevin Amankwaah cost us not far off that 12+ years ago before we had any sniff of the premier league years. When the likes of WBA are signing players like Dike the yanks are going to hold us back for years to come.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 12:46 - Jan 6 with 1477 viewsonehunglow

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 12:15 - Jan 6 by AndyCole

The wider football community witnessed a proper Man vs Boy schooling by Cooper on Martin. EPL managers, Owners and just as importantly players.

Martin's arrogance needs some ballast. There is absolutely nothing of substance underpinning his ego. It's a masterclass in PR spin.

Even a few of the sheeple here have ceased chewing their cud, and daring to look up and 'See'.

As you know,I disagree with you regarding Cooper but ,right now,I would have him back in a heart beat even though I detested him,possibly as he was so ugly.
He did not damage us however.
This fella is different.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 13:30 - Jan 6 with 1424 viewsguthrieintherain

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 12:15 - Jan 6 by AndyCole

Forest have lost their last 2 against Boro snd Huddersfield.

We beat Huddersfield you have been pining for Cooper since he left.

The truth of it is he couldn't get out quick enough once Woodman Guehi and Ayew went.
We have also lost Conor Roberts as well.

Martin has only been here half a season and the non stop moaning from a few is boring in the extreme.

Even with the last 4 games being called off it still carries on regurgitating the same crap day after day.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 13:39]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 13:36 - Jan 6 with 1398 viewsBadlands

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 11:14 - Jan 6 by Chief

'Excellent'?

Even though:

Yes it was an excellent post.
As INhave said many time, the Trust is a waste of opportuntiy and does nothing for the club or fans which is why I stopped supporting it some years ago. If they ran the club we'd be in Lesgue 2 at best by now, probably via insolvency.
Haven’t spoken to Pearlman for ages and we don’t exchange Christmas cards.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 13:43 - Jan 6 with 1381 viewsguthrieintherain

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:55 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

I think we have everything lined up, as I said cash is the issue.
We are digging to find out more.

That sounds like me agreeing to buy a brand new BMW but still having a ford Fiesta parked outside with no cash in the bank.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 13:45]

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 13:52 - Jan 6 with 1356 viewsAndyCole

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 13:30 - Jan 6 by guthrieintherain

Forest have lost their last 2 against Boro snd Huddersfield.

We beat Huddersfield you have been pining for Cooper since he left.

The truth of it is he couldn't get out quick enough once Woodman Guehi and Ayew went.
We have also lost Conor Roberts as well.

Martin has only been here half a season and the non stop moaning from a few is boring in the extreme.

Even with the last 4 games being called off it still carries on regurgitating the same crap day after day.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 13:39]

For heck sake.

This thread is about why we may be struggling to land decent players. Which ofc is in stark contrast to what we are accustomed to. Some of us are tamping that Martin and his ego is largely responsible for our demise and downward trajectory.

Players are looking elsewhere. Current and proposed prospects. A massive blow.

The sooner some of the luddites here catch up, focus on the thread subject, the better the grown up discussion on threads like this.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 13:58 - Jan 6 with 1344 viewsChief

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 13:36 - Jan 6 by Badlands

Yes it was an excellent post.
As INhave said many time, the Trust is a waste of opportuntiy and does nothing for the club or fans which is why I stopped supporting it some years ago. If they ran the club we'd be in Lesgue 2 at best by now, probably via insolvency.
Haven’t spoken to Pearlman for ages and we don’t exchange Christmas cards.

It patently wasn't because of the lack of research and disingenuous points that I laid out to you, to which you have no genuine reply, but let's pry further:
- Waste of opportunity? In what sense? Opportunity to do what?

- Well even Silverstein has said they've been working well with him so they are obviously involved day to day in the running of the club (even if they have little say in the major decisions because they were colluded against&other shareholders sold their voting rights). They maintain a fans voice on the board &provide fans with an update on what their take on situations are ('investment' well it's loans actually etc etc).
- league 2 insolvency - what are you basing that on then? Seems to me just an unsubstantiated dig.
- ah well this is refreshing. You're now actually admitting despite denials previously that you do / did at one have a relationship with members of the American heirachy at the club. Interesting. What is / was the nature of your relationship then?

But this wasn't a 'i don't like the trust thread'. Not sure why you and others aren't capable of sticking the thread inside of unsubstantiated, biased soundbytes. The conversation was regarding why Silverstein is over, which we've already established isn't related to the trust.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 14:22 - Jan 6 with 1319 viewsguthrieintherain

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 13:52 - Jan 6 by AndyCole

For heck sake.

This thread is about why we may be struggling to land decent players. Which ofc is in stark contrast to what we are accustomed to. Some of us are tamping that Martin and his ego is largely responsible for our demise and downward trajectory.

Players are looking elsewhere. Current and proposed prospects. A massive blow.

The sooner some of the luddites here catch up, focus on the thread subject, the better the grown up discussion on threads like this.

You stated that Cooper gave Martin a lesson.

I just pointed out that Pep Cooper had lost his last 2 one of which was against a side we beat.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 14:31 - Jan 6 with 1303 viewsAndyCole

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 14:22 - Jan 6 by guthrieintherain

You stated that Cooper gave Martin a lesson.

I just pointed out that Pep Cooper had lost his last 2 one of which was against a side we beat.

Whooosh.

What on earth does SC's last 2 games have to do with this thread ? 'Just pointing' that out is just that, pointless.

Martin's credibility is in tatters, exacerbated by the schooling by Cooper, and as such we seem unable to attract decent players. (whilst at the same Im pretty sure Cooper will be attracting better players).

Focus, or is the rain fogging your vision?

What should Silverstein do, guthrie ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024