Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
punching above our weight.? 23:02 - Feb 15 with 1373 viewsqpr_1968

we have done great to get where we are.
we've scored plenty of goals, but conceded plenty.
some good players, but inconsistent.
no goals in the last three games, against average/poor sides.
is this our level?......NO.

a blip, every team going up has them.

we will beat hull, put confidence in the team and head onwards and upwards.

play offs will do me as automatic promotion might be a bit embarrasing.

a day out at wembley, win or lose, would be lovely.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

punching above our weight.? on 23:17 - Feb 15 with 1273 viewscolinallcars

Well, maybe.
It's strange, but whereas all fans want their team to achieve promotion, the horrors that await us in the Prem are manifold. The Prem is circus-like. A lot of our players would, in effect, be playing for their P45s to be replaced with possible mercenary type players. Then there is VAR, the likelihood of being slaughtered most weeks as Norwich are, Sky possibly even more intrusive than this season and so on and so forth. I dunno.
punching above our weight.? on 08:02 - Feb 16 with 1074 viewsstevec

punching above our weight.? on 23:17 - Feb 15 by colinallcars

Well, maybe.
It's strange, but whereas all fans want their team to achieve promotion, the horrors that await us in the Prem are manifold. The Prem is circus-like. A lot of our players would, in effect, be playing for their P45s to be replaced with possible mercenary type players. Then there is VAR, the likelihood of being slaughtered most weeks as Norwich are, Sky possibly even more intrusive than this season and so on and so forth. I dunno.

P45’s is potentially a big issue. If you’re over 30, and in a good Championship side, despite a footballers professionalism, you can’t help wonder if another guaranteed season at the club rather than promotion and being shown the door must at least be partially in their thoughts.

Perhaps time to appreciate the excellent job the oldies have done for the first two thirds of the season but, with 15 games to go, maybe hand the mantle over to those younger players who would almost certainly want their careers to move in an upward trajectory.
punching above our weight.? on 08:18 - Feb 16 with 1023 viewstraininvain

punching above our weight.? on 08:02 - Feb 16 by stevec

P45’s is potentially a big issue. If you’re over 30, and in a good Championship side, despite a footballers professionalism, you can’t help wonder if another guaranteed season at the club rather than promotion and being shown the door must at least be partially in their thoughts.

Perhaps time to appreciate the excellent job the oldies have done for the first two thirds of the season but, with 15 games to go, maybe hand the mantle over to those younger players who would almost certainly want their careers to move in an upward trajectory.

Doubtful. We’re talking about professionals who’ve dedicated their lives to the game. I’d be amazed if they didn’t fancy a final crack at the Premiership. Adomah even said last week that he’d finish his career happy if he could play two more games in the Premiership.

That said, I would have Amos in for Johansen on Saturday. And probably Moses and McCallum for Adomah and Wallace.
punching above our weight.? on 18:15 - Feb 19 with 749 viewsqpr_1968

well i was wrong with the hull prediction, must admit, thought we would beat them easily today, after, what i thought was a recent blip, might still be.
again, were we punching above our weight?
warbs tactics?
new players, seem pretty good to me, unbalancing the side?
the return of chair and dieng?
our recent form were against teams that we should be beating if we want to finish in the top 6.
anyone got any good concrete answers.

i'll be there wednesday cheering us on again.......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024