Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich 20:13 - Jul 8 with 2524 viewsstanistheman

We signed Dozzell and Swansea got Downes. Dozzell had a disappointing season without making any real mark in the team. Whereas Downes excelled at Swansea and earned a transfer to West Ham for £12m.

This reminds me of the strikers QPR and Brentford scouted at Exeter.
We got the useless one and they got Ollie Watkins. What do our scouts look for?
Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 20:15 - Jul 8 with 2480 viewsdaveB

he did cost around 2 million for Swansea which i doubt we could afford
Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 20:19 - Jul 8 with 2444 viewsMedwayR

I seem to recall we enquired about both but went for Dozzell as he was better suited to Warbsball. From the little I saw of Downes last season i cant say he stood out, decent but not a £12m prem player. O’Brien at Huddersfield on the other hand…

I think Dozzell will come good, and if Downes is a £12m player then what would Field be worth???

Poll: Who’s better?

Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 20:21 - Jul 8 with 2431 viewsLogman

Let's wait and see what happens. I seem to recall Swansea finishing below us in the table and I don't remember Downes standing out when we played them home and away. Plus if it's David Wheeler you are referring to us as signing from Exeter he was bought as a squad player and is a midfielder so not really a like-for-like with Ollie Watkins.
Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 20:23 - Jul 8 with 2414 viewsaston_hoop

Sorry not a dig but always makes me wonder why people say 'why didn't QPR go for player X' as if somehow any player we go fo joins us and if not, we didn't try. Players turn us down too. Downes for instance it may simply have been that he joined a club offering him first team football....maybe we couldn't afford the £1.5 million in the first place? By the same token why didn't Huddersfield keep Chris Willock after the loan spell? why did everyone release Eze? Why did WBA think Jake Livermore is a better midfield option than Sam Field?

Watkins another one, in all honesty taking the QPR supporting out of it, why join us at that time instead of Brentford?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 20:45 - Jul 8 with 2322 viewskensalriser

Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 20:19 - Jul 8 by MedwayR

I seem to recall we enquired about both but went for Dozzell as he was better suited to Warbsball. From the little I saw of Downes last season i cant say he stood out, decent but not a £12m prem player. O’Brien at Huddersfield on the other hand…

I think Dozzell will come good, and if Downes is a £12m player then what would Field be worth???

Field is clearly less than a £12m player because if anyone had offered that he'd be gone.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 21:02 - Jul 8 with 2234 viewsstanistheman

Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 20:21 - Jul 8 by Logman

Let's wait and see what happens. I seem to recall Swansea finishing below us in the table and I don't remember Downes standing out when we played them home and away. Plus if it's David Wheeler you are referring to us as signing from Exeter he was bought as a squad player and is a midfielder so not really a like-for-like with Ollie Watkins.

Yes I was referring to Wheeler and he was signed as a striker and as I recall much was made of his prowess in front of goal (albeit a one off season).

I take the point that perhaps we couldn’t afford Downes therefore didn’t sign him.
As for Dozzell coming good, sorry I don’t see that. He looked lazy and lightweight, not an improvement on Tom Carroll.

If there is a player there Maybe Beale will work on building his body strength and his work rate so that he can make an impact.
Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 21:07 - Jul 8 with 2217 viewsLogman

Yes, I agree that Dozzell needs to be more assertive. I feel the same about Amos and I worry when those two are named together in midfield. But I am hoping that Johansen has been tasked with the job of making them have more steel.

Sorry but I only ever remember David Wheeler playing at right midfield although I don't know where he played for Exeter.
Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 21:25 - Jul 8 with 2153 viewsLblock

Dozzell and Downes formerly of Ipswich on 20:19 - Jul 8 by MedwayR

Forget Field -- surely it makes Willock worth £34Mill?!?!?!

Unless the same people can do the same job on Dozzie that they did on Willock then we will sell him for a loss

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024