Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cabango 10:38 - Jul 31 with 3511 viewsRichardO

If considered fully fit for 90 minutes of championship football would you play him or not, if you would play him how would fit him in, if not why not?
Cabango on 15:43 - Aug 1 with 970 viewspencoedjack

Cabango on 10:53 - Aug 1 by Whiterockin

Naughton reads the game better than any of our defenders that's why he starts. Yes his pace is going but he is often in the right place at the right time. My three defenders to start would be Cabango, Darling and Naughton. Tough on Wood but time is on his side and its a long season, things will change.

Mine as well.

Lets have a look at Wood in cup games Id be astonished if he's better than Ben.

Naughton was rightly voted players player of the year last term.
Cabango on 17:07 - Aug 1 with 917 viewsonehunglow

Cabango on 14:38 - Aug 1 by Whiterockin

According to you sometimes not very well.

Oh my friend that is not true. Kyle reads very well. That s it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cabango on 17:37 - Aug 1 with 913 viewsDr_Winston

Back to digging at Naughton is he?

Pathetic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cabango on 19:35 - Aug 1 with 872 viewsKeithHaynes

Naughton is a player who is now better than he has ever been for the swans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cabango on 19:49 - Aug 1 with 851 viewsonehunglow

Cabango on 19:35 - Aug 1 by KeithHaynes

Naughton is a player who is now better than he has ever been for the swans.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cabango on 20:46 - Aug 1 with 832 viewsFireboy2

Naughton reads the game better than any of our defenders that's why he starts. Yes his pace is going but he is often in the right place at the right time. My three defenders to start would be Cabango, Darling and Naughton. Tough on Wood but time is on his side and its a long season, things will change.

My eldest thought that apart from fisher, wood was our best player on Saturday and imo he isnt far off.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 20:47]
Cabango on 23:48 - Aug 1 with 781 viewsCatullus

Being in the right place at the right time is fine if you can compete but, as we saw with Mitrovic...at the same time we saw what pace (Kebano was it?) does to Cabango.

Naughton has been good but how many years does he have left for us and if Ben and the others are to improve, they need to play.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cabango on 08:05 - Aug 2 with 725 viewsWhiterockin

Cabango on 23:48 - Aug 1 by Catullus

Being in the right place at the right time is fine if you can compete but, as we saw with Mitrovic...at the same time we saw what pace (Kebano was it?) does to Cabango.

Naughton has been good but how many years does he have left for us and if Ben and the others are to improve, they need to play.

Yes if they improve is the key phrase. I would honestly say this could be the season when see Naughton is displaced by possibly Wood. Darling and Wood are currently too inexperienced to play together, but this could well change as time goes on. I could see very close up on Saturday how Rotherham were doing a number on them at set plays, they were physically being pulled and bullied and it was Darling who got the warning off the ref. IMO this is what caused the uncertainty for their goal. Cabango, Darling and Wood is the future but not yet.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

Cabango on 09:41 - Aug 2 with 692 viewsRichardO

Cabango on 08:05 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

Yes if they improve is the key phrase. I would honestly say this could be the season when see Naughton is displaced by possibly Wood. Darling and Wood are currently too inexperienced to play together, but this could well change as time goes on. I could see very close up on Saturday how Rotherham were doing a number on them at set plays, they were physically being pulled and bullied and it was Darling who got the warning off the ref. IMO this is what caused the uncertainty for their goal. Cabango, Darling and Wood is the future but not yet.

So Cabango goes straight back in, if fit, given he is now one of our more experienced players at this level.
Naughton had a good season last year no doubt but eventually his lack of pace will be a problem, he was given some protection when at right back by Roberts (Manning had it on the left with Bidewell) in the past.
Naughton has been targeted in the past, you get away with it with your experience but eventually struggle against the better teams.

Guehi struggled to find his feet at this level but with time showed his abilities hopefully Wood and Darling can thrive at this level with the help of Naughton and Carbango, sooner than later.
Hopefully we can plug the gaps in our defensive play with the new signings but still think we are lacking in the midfield, we have a number of older players who need a bit of youthful help, Congreve may one of those to step up, I think he looks good enough.
Cabango on 09:56 - Aug 2 with 678 viewskrunchykarrot

Cabango on 09:41 - Aug 2 by RichardO

So Cabango goes straight back in, if fit, given he is now one of our more experienced players at this level.
Naughton had a good season last year no doubt but eventually his lack of pace will be a problem, he was given some protection when at right back by Roberts (Manning had it on the left with Bidewell) in the past.
Naughton has been targeted in the past, you get away with it with your experience but eventually struggle against the better teams.

Guehi struggled to find his feet at this level but with time showed his abilities hopefully Wood and Darling can thrive at this level with the help of Naughton and Carbango, sooner than later.
Hopefully we can plug the gaps in our defensive play with the new signings but still think we are lacking in the midfield, we have a number of older players who need a bit of youthful help, Congreve may one of those to step up, I think he looks good enough.

Great post, since we have lost Guehi we struggle from lack of pace. Lati looks like the paciest and he was exposed a fortnight ago albeit by the roadrunner. It will be interesting to see if we bring another player in as i think its the key to making a play off push.

On another note, some of the glimpses of football we played at pace last week was superb, consistency and players taking the correct option could be interesting.
Cabango on 11:47 - Aug 2 with 641 viewsjackrmee

Cabango on 10:48 - Jul 31 by Kerouac

I'd play him.
Strong in the air, strong in the tackle and capable of bringing it forward and committing a midfielder to close him down before giving it.

He is our only player who consistently wins his headers.

He is also an asset that we should be developing, potentially the next £10m + player.

Only problem is, with expensive new signing Darling, the experienced Naughton and the promising Wood, Cabango's inclusion means at least 1 good player gets dropped, two if we go to a flat back four.

For this reason I should imagine Martin will persist with last season's formation...which means we will be stuck with 2 wing-backs in the side with no pace, little attacking use and played so far up the pitch that our back 3 is exposed every time we give the ball away in midfield.
(I am not making a comment on yesterday, I did not see any of yesterday...I have no idea how we played...just commenting on what I have witnessed so far).

Personally I'd put Cabango in ahead of Wood, but Wood had a good performance Saturday.
This is good or us as a club.

With a back 3, seems there are 4 players vying for 3 spots. A great position to be in as a club.
TO have 4 seriously good CBs and having that selection headache is surely a good thing for RM.
Keeping them all happy is a harder thing to do .

A flat back 4 would let Naughts play as a standard fullback I guess, so still 3 players vying for 2 places.

As it stands, it seems Ben is on the back foot, having to come rom behind, compared to the other CBs, but I don't think RM is adverse to rotation, or playing certain players against different opposition, depending on their individual benefits.
I guess if everyone was fully match fit, it would be the best ones in the air against dangerous, aerial attackers, with the boys who are better playing out from the back, against different type of opposition.

It's a grea place for our club to be in IMHO.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cabango on 11:54 - Aug 2 with 636 viewsjackrmee

If Naughton is the best NOW, it shouldn't matter how many years he has left ahead of him, if youre deciding whether to put him in the team NOW.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cabango on 12:51 - Aug 2 with 613 viewsBadlands

I disagree that Wood had a good game on Saturday. I’m not saying they wouldn’t have scored but it didn’t help that he charged into Latibeaudiere, Naughton and their 6.
TBF though the ref should have dealt with the wrestling match and Darling should have done more than attempt to keep their scorer on the floor. Mistakes from the new boys that weren’t down to getting used to colleagues.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cabango on 13:22 - Aug 2 with 595 viewsRichardO

Wasn't Cabango playing totally out of position on the left with no protection in front of him, same against Brennan Johnson,so was it his lack of pace, being played in the wrong position or no protection in front of him, many teams have to double up on really fast wingers.
Even Manning had protection with Bidwell they where swapped around for one game and Bidwell was taken to the cleaners no protection from Manning bit like Cabango last year when he played in the centre, drove forward lost the ball Manning was too far forward and Burns playing right side of the three defenders and didn't tuck in.
Everyone makes mistakes or need help and have to rely on teammates to help/cover them.
Hoping this season the defensive part of our game is better.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 13:25]
Cabango on 13:36 - Aug 2 with 588 viewsFireboy2

Cabango on 12:51 - Aug 2 by Badlands

I disagree that Wood had a good game on Saturday. I’m not saying they wouldn’t have scored but it didn’t help that he charged into Latibeaudiere, Naughton and their 6.
TBF though the ref should have dealt with the wrestling match and Darling should have done more than attempt to keep their scorer on the floor. Mistakes from the new boys that weren’t down to getting used to colleagues.

Watch it again, wood wrestled one of our players, who was behind naughton, to the ground illegally, it should have been a foul against wood.
Cabango on 14:19 - Aug 2 with 560 viewsWhiterockin

Cabango on 13:36 - Aug 2 by Fireboy2

Watch it again, wood wrestled one of our players, who was behind naughton, to the ground illegally, it should have been a foul against wood.

There was an awful amount of illegal stuff going on at the set plays. The ref should have been much firmer and not singled out Darling for a warning. They set out to rough up our inexperienced defenders and succeeded with the goal. I don't think I have ever seen so much blatant fouling, the ref should have clamped down. It will be interesting to see if they get away with it in their next match.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024