Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All cooperball you know nothing. 16:46 - Aug 20 with 4216 viewsSwans9

I always stuck up for cooper tried his best without yanks support the ones gave him stick knew nothing. Look my past posts. Cooper tried for swans glad I not friends of any Cooperball haters clueless.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 633 viewsTreforys_Jack

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:02 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

I enjoyed quite a lot for the football played by teams other than us through that period.

Also Cooper had the best part of 6 months before the shut down. I remember being at Luton away Christmas 2019. It’s what I’d call the typical Cooper performance of the time. 80 odd minutes of nothing then Ayew bundles one in.

We won but I was bored senseless.

I had exactly the same convo with the good Dr P 12mths ago. The John Hollins side back in the day won the league but bored everyone including the fans to tears.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 627 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:28 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

Doesn’t need to be all out attacking. I’d settle for occasionally positive - a forward pass every now and then.

And yes, if Chelsea’s title winning side were playing in my garden I’d close the curtains.

I watch sport to be entertained, winning is the cherry on top. I love the anticipation, the hope, the opportunity to be surprised.

Distilling it to figures and stats (however correct they may be) sucks the joy out of it for me.

As I said before, my stance is not in support of RM. Now instead of being bored I’m borderline terrified!

We came 4th.

You don’t get to 4th not passing forward.

Coopers team on average scored more than Martin’s and only 5 less than Potters.

A lot talked about regarding Coopers time here is a myth.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:45 - Aug 21 with 627 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:40 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

We came 4th.

You don’t get to 4th not passing forward.

Coopers team on average scored more than Martin’s and only 5 less than Potters.

A lot talked about regarding Coopers time here is a myth.

Me being bored by it isn’t a myth.

It’s my opinion. Others are allowed, of course.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:52 - Aug 21 with 606 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:45 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

Me being bored by it isn’t a myth.

It’s my opinion. Others are allowed, of course.

It’s a myth that we didn’t pass the ball forward and the other sensationalist stuff you said.

You being bored is a personal feeling, nobody can help you with that. But in terms of goals we saw more than we are now and pretty much the same under Potter, except we were better by a mile in defence than under both.

If you were bored then you were bored, but others weren’t and fully enjoyed some of the most successful championship seasons we have had in the clubs history.

Heights that we can only dream of now.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:59 - Aug 21 with 595 viewsjasper_T

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:02 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

I enjoyed quite a lot for the football played by teams other than us through that period.

Also Cooper had the best part of 6 months before the shut down. I remember being at Luton away Christmas 2019. It’s what I’d call the typical Cooper performance of the time. 80 odd minutes of nothing then Ayew bundles one in.

We won but I was bored senseless.

That six month spell before lockdown was really poor for results as well. After that near-perfect first month we were picking up 1.1/1.2 points per game, just above relegation form from October through to March. Flashy new loanees didn't improve things. We stuck with the same system week after week with no joy. That Luton game was just our second win in 8 games.

Cooper was only "boring but effective" after an unexpected break and an injury crisis that forced the change of system.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:11 - Aug 21 with 572 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:52 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s a myth that we didn’t pass the ball forward and the other sensationalist stuff you said.

You being bored is a personal feeling, nobody can help you with that. But in terms of goals we saw more than we are now and pretty much the same under Potter, except we were better by a mile in defence than under both.

If you were bored then you were bored, but others weren’t and fully enjoyed some of the most successful championship seasons we have had in the clubs history.

Heights that we can only dream of now.

I don’t think I’ve said anything sensationalist, flippant maybe but not controversial.

I’ve also not tried to tell anyone they’re wrong for feeling differently.

Not everything needs to be a zero sum argument.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:15 - Aug 21 with 553 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:11 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

I don’t think I’ve said anything sensationalist, flippant maybe but not controversial.

I’ve also not tried to tell anyone they’re wrong for feeling differently.

Not everything needs to be a zero sum argument.

“I’d settle for occasionally positive”

“a forward pass every now and then.”

“if Chelsea’s title winning side were playing in my garden I’d close the curtains.”

The above is a mix of mistruths and sensationalism.

I’ve not told you that you are incorrect, in fact I said if you were bored you were bored. But when expressing that you have to be truthful otherwise other people will correct those mistruths.

This forum is a hotbed of these myths, without challenge they become “fact” within a matter of weeks.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:24 - Aug 21 with 536 viewsBryanSwan

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:18 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Boring to some maybe. Chelsea won the league under Mourinho doing that, their fans regard it as one of their best eras.

xG is not something I pay any attention to.

Each to their own, i prefer to watch quick expansive attacking football. Although clealry very good and taking a lot of skill, the tactics and nuances of defensive football dont excite as much.

Its a useful tool to give some statistical context to chances created and how clinical players are.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:24 - Aug 21 with 536 viewsjruss

How many times does this nonsense about Cooper not being backed have to be trotted out?

He was lucky to have Ayew propping up the squad for the 2 years otherwise we would have finished around where we did last season.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:27 - Aug 21 with 533 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:24 - Aug 21 by jruss

How many times does this nonsense about Cooper not being backed have to be trotted out?

He was lucky to have Ayew propping up the squad for the 2 years otherwise we would have finished around where we did last season.

Except his record without Ayew was exceptional.

Ayew salary was a millstone around his neck not allowing him to bring in his own players to build on.

Forest were bottom of the league and been languishing for years - they didn’t have Ayew and they are now in the Premier League.

That view doesn’t stack up.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:28 - Aug 21 with 527 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:24 - Aug 21 by BryanSwan

Each to their own, i prefer to watch quick expansive attacking football. Although clealry very good and taking a lot of skill, the tactics and nuances of defensive football dont excite as much.

Its a useful tool to give some statistical context to chances created and how clinical players are.

Of course, but without players to deliver that you need to manage the squad to its strengths.

With the squad we had at our disposal fast flowing, quick and expansive football was never going to produce anything good in the league.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:46 - Aug 21 with 517 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:15 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

“I’d settle for occasionally positive”

“a forward pass every now and then.”

“if Chelsea’s title winning side were playing in my garden I’d close the curtains.”

The above is a mix of mistruths and sensationalism.

I’ve not told you that you are incorrect, in fact I said if you were bored you were bored. But when expressing that you have to be truthful otherwise other people will correct those mistruths.

This forum is a hotbed of these myths, without challenge they become “fact” within a matter of weeks.

This is a forum for options.

If we’re only posting actual footballing facts it would be rather boring.

Long live sceptics, mavericks, dreamers and doubters. (Paraphrasing from someone much brighter than me).
All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:49 - Aug 21 with 515 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:46 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

This is a forum for options.

If we’re only posting actual footballing facts it would be rather boring.

Long live sceptics, mavericks, dreamers and doubters. (Paraphrasing from someone much brighter than me).

Opinions are great, your opinion is that you were bored. I said if you were bored then you were bored.

But the rest of it isn’t an opinion, it’s just not true. Intentionally so in order to disparage the manager.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:59 - Aug 21 with 499 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:49 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Opinions are great, your opinion is that you were bored. I said if you were bored then you were bored.

But the rest of it isn’t an opinion, it’s just not true. Intentionally so in order to disparage the manager.

So I need to always post factually? No sarcasm? No humour? No suggestion? No inference?

Did you really interpret me writing I like to see “the occasional forward pass” as “Cooper’s team never passed the ball forward”.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:03 - Aug 21 with 496 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:59 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

So I need to always post factually? No sarcasm? No humour? No suggestion? No inference?

Did you really interpret me writing I like to see “the occasional forward pass” as “Cooper’s team never passed the ball forward”.

When you are doing it to discredit someone then yeah I’d say you have to be accurate if you don’t want someone to take objection to it.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:05 - Aug 21 with 494 viewsBillyChong

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:24 - Aug 20 by ReslovenSwan1

'Yanks' have put £13m into the club. The 21% Welsh shareholder gave £400k to English lawyers and insurers. The 21% Welsh owner has a reported £1.3m in the bank and has avoided contributing anything to the convertible loan note.

They are saving for the long term getting no interest on their saving with 10 % inflation. This means a devaluation of £130,000 per year. 'Taffy' or 'Jack' is the one that has to put their hands in their pocket. Fans can make it happen but do not want to.

Yanks have loaned £13m to the club which is currently a debt. The clock is still ticking for Silverstein to convert and why would he when he’s raking in the interest payments.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:07 - Aug 21 with 490 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:03 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

When you are doing it to discredit someone then yeah I’d say you have to be accurate if you don’t want someone to take objection to it.

How boring. I love messing about with language.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:08 - Aug 21 with 489 viewsBillyChong

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:24 - Aug 21 by jruss

Ayew couldn’t get us over the line and wasn’t Coopers player. The January window where he was given two American duds was a disaster. We missed a big opportunity which we’ll be lucky to find ourselves in anytime soon.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:11 - Aug 21 with 482 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:07 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

How boring. I love messing about with language.

Not sure that constitutes “messing around with language”. It’s just saying things that aren’t true intentionally to slate someone.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:19 - Aug 21 with 469 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:11 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure that constitutes “messing around with language”. It’s just saying things that aren’t true intentionally to slate someone.

Come now if we’re being precise, what have I said that’s not true?
All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:20 - Aug 21 with 468 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:19 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

Come now if we’re being precise, what have I said that’s not true?

That you wouldn’t watch Chelsea’s title winning side if they played in your garden.

Coopers teams hardly made a forward pass.

Coopers teams had no positive intent.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:23 - Aug 21 with 465 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:20 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

That you wouldn’t watch Chelsea’s title winning side if they played in your garden.

Coopers teams hardly made a forward pass.

Coopers teams had no positive intent.

The first one (however unlikely) is true.

I didn’t say the other two. Feel free to copy and paste exactly what I wrote them and we can compare.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:27 - Aug 21 with 449 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:23 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

The first one (however unlikely) is true.

I didn’t say the other two. Feel free to copy and paste exactly what I wrote them and we can compare.

It’s not true, you won’t be convincing me of that. Prime Lampard, Drogba et al in your garden and you intentionally don’t watch?

Come on now let’s not be silly.

You didn’t say it word for word no, but I didn’t think you would expect me to quote your verbatim.

I already quoted your exact words a few posts back.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:39 - Aug 21 with 444 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:27 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not true, you won’t be convincing me of that. Prime Lampard, Drogba et al in your garden and you intentionally don’t watch?

Come on now let’s not be silly.

You didn’t say it word for word no, but I didn’t think you would expect me to quote your verbatim.

I already quoted your exact words a few posts back.

So you’re allowed to use inference and suggestion to support a point but others aren’t?
All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:46 - Aug 21 with 442 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:39 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

So you’re allowed to use inference and suggestion to support a point but others aren’t?

I didn’t use either, I just didn’t know your exact words when on the reply page as it was on the previous one.

I didn’t think the ability to repeat your exact words was the point of your question, had you made it clear I would have ensured I did.

You said:-

“I’d settle for occasionally positive” (inferring Cooper wasn't occasionally positive)

“a forward pass every now and then.” (Interring Coopers team didn’t pass forward now and then)

It’s just not true is it. Not sure what you are arguing about.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024