Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All cooperball you know nothing. 16:46 - Aug 20 with 4217 viewsSwans9

I always stuck up for cooper tried his best without yanks support the ones gave him stick knew nothing. Look my past posts. Cooper tried for swans glad I not friends of any Cooperball haters clueless.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 583 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:46 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn’t use either, I just didn’t know your exact words when on the reply page as it was on the previous one.

I didn’t think the ability to repeat your exact words was the point of your question, had you made it clear I would have ensured I did.

You said:-

“I’d settle for occasionally positive” (inferring Cooper wasn't occasionally positive)

“a forward pass every now and then.” (Interring Coopers team didn’t pass forward now and then)

“if Chelsea’s title winning side were playing in my garden I’d close the curtains.”

It’s just not true is it. Not sure what you are arguing about.

You really took from those comments I seriously was saying that coopers team never passed forward and were never positive? That’s hell of a leap isn’t it?

Come on, stick to facts not jumping to conclusions at the other end of the scale 😉
All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:03 - Aug 21 with 561 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:48 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

You really took from those comments I seriously was saying that coopers team never passed forward and were never positive? That’s hell of a leap isn’t it?

Come on, stick to facts not jumping to conclusions at the other end of the scale 😉

No, I knew it was inaccurate.

But I did take from it that you were being intentionally inaccurate in order to disparage the manager, something that was a sport on here not so long ago before he shut everyone up.

No conclusions have been jumped to. You were inferring that Coopers team rarely attacked and barely passed forward. You make it sound like it’s not a myth peddled on here constantly.

I am adding reality to that widely spread myth.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:08 - Aug 21 with 561 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:03 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

No, I knew it was inaccurate.

But I did take from it that you were being intentionally inaccurate in order to disparage the manager, something that was a sport on here not so long ago before he shut everyone up.

No conclusions have been jumped to. You were inferring that Coopers team rarely attacked and barely passed forward. You make it sound like it’s not a myth peddled on here constantly.

I am adding reality to that widely spread myth.

Your opinion which you are both welcome and entitled too.

Something you seem unable to afford to others.

This is football we’re talking about. If everything is factual why do we have pundits and colour commentators?
All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:12 - Aug 21 with 556 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:08 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

This is football we’re talking about. If everything is factual why do we have pundits and colour commentators?

Which opinion?

I’m just saying your posts aren’t accurate. That’s not an opinion.

There is a difference between an opinion and being intentionally inaccurate. But you know that.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:15 - Aug 21 with 539 viewsonehunglow

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:08 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

Allow me to interject
I have disagreed with Dr P many times and Ive not yet had any insults from him and that applies to Kerouc whom I believe is very wrong in some matters.
Fact is both are articulate and effectively leave their protagonists left for dead

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:22 - Aug 21 with 537 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:12 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Which opinion?

I’m just saying your posts aren’t accurate. That’s not an opinion.

There is a difference between an opinion and being intentionally inaccurate. But you know that.

It’s only inaccurate if your interpretation of what I’ve said is wholly correct. Which it isn’t. You’ve taken my remarks, extrapolated to the extreme which isn’t reasonable, then called that interpretation inaccurate.

This has gone on a little long now. Do you want to just skip to the bit where you say “I can’t help you” or you offer a cash bet?

Might speed stuff up.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:23 - Aug 21 with 529 viewsTreforys_Jack

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:22 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

It’s only inaccurate if your interpretation of what I’ve said is wholly correct. Which it isn’t. You’ve taken my remarks, extrapolated to the extreme which isn’t reasonable, then called that interpretation inaccurate.

This has gone on a little long now. Do you want to just skip to the bit where you say “I can’t help you” or you offer a cash bet?

Might speed stuff up.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:25 - Aug 21 with 527 viewsjasper_T

All cooperball you know nothing. on 12:05 - Aug 21 by BillyChong

Yanks have loaned £13m to the club which is currently a debt. The clock is still ticking for Silverstein to convert and why would he when he’s raking in the interest payments.

I do enjoy this line of thinking, as if rich investment types consider it a success to stick £5m away for a few years to generate interest and nothing more. If he was simply after some passive income there are better industries to tie your cash up in.

You are right in that there is very little incentive to convert those debts into equity for the investors (did we ever find out who the £3m share was held by?). Championship football clubs are bad businesses that lose money hand over fist, who in their right mind would want to own shares in one? If money's the only motive then the conversion option would exist just in case we get promoted and become a profitable business again.
Login to get fewer ads

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:27 - Aug 21 with 520 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:22 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

Might speed stuff up.

No, it’s inaccurate regardless.

What is debatable if you were being pedantic is whether your inaccuracy was intentional or not. However considering you have alluded to the fact you were intentionally inaccurate and you probably aren’t stupid enough to think they are true - it’s a position we can confidently take.

No need to bet on anything. More than happy to point out that your intentional mistruths about Cooper and his side are just that - mistruths.

Whether you want to admit that or not is up to you.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:29 - Aug 21 with 523 viewsBryanSwan

All cooperball you know nothing. on 11:28 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course, but without players to deliver that you need to manage the squad to its strengths.

With the squad we had at our disposal fast flowing, quick and expansive football was never going to produce anything good in the league.

It was just how he decided to set us up, I'd imagine a fair few in that squad were capable of a more expansive game.
Either way, it was two years where we failed to get promoted.
The same as we are likely to have now.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:34 - Aug 21 with 505 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:29 - Aug 21 by BryanSwan

It was just how he decided to set us up, I'd imagine a fair few in that squad were capable of a more expansive game.
Either way, it was two years where we failed to get promoted.
The same as we are likely to have now.

It wasn’t.

Just go through our squad, our strength was in defence, especially in our second season when we had very little fire power and had to play players out of position.

If the squad was capable of playing such football then Russell Martin wouldn’t be wanting to ship them all out.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 14:40 - Aug 21 with 478 viewsBryanSwan

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:34 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

It wasn’t.

Just go through our squad, our strength was in defence, especially in our second season when we had very little fire power and had to play players out of position.

If the squad was capable of playing such football then Russell Martin wouldn’t be wanting to ship them all out.

I mean this has been done to death for the last season. You are obviously a huge admirer of Cooper, I'm not so much and disagree with a lot of what you've said.

I'm not sure Martin is playing expansive attcking football either, probably says more about him tham the players currently.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 15:27 - Aug 21 with 463 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:27 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

No, it’s inaccurate regardless.

What is debatable if you were being pedantic is whether your inaccuracy was intentional or not. However considering you have alluded to the fact you were intentionally inaccurate and you probably aren’t stupid enough to think they are true - it’s a position we can confidently take.

No need to bet on anything. More than happy to point out that your intentional mistruths about Cooper and his side are just that - mistruths.

Whether you want to admit that or not is up to you.

Mistruths?

Ridiculous.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 15:28 - Aug 21 with 463 viewsBillyChong

All cooperball you know nothing. on 13:25 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

I do enjoy this line of thinking, as if rich investment types consider it a success to stick £5m away for a few years to generate interest and nothing more. If he was simply after some passive income there are better industries to tie your cash up in.

You are right in that there is very little incentive to convert those debts into equity for the investors (did we ever find out who the £3m share was held by?). Championship football clubs are bad businesses that lose money hand over fist, who in their right mind would want to own shares in one? If money's the only motive then the conversion option would exist just in case we get promoted and become a profitable business again.

Well that logic also makes you wonder why a fund of 20+ rich types would buy out Swansea City with no interest in the club whatsoever. Silverstein is seeing more return on his loan via interest than Mindy and Co have.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 15:38 - Aug 21 with 455 viewsjasper_T

All cooperball you know nothing. on 15:28 - Aug 21 by BillyChong

Well that logic also makes you wonder why a fund of 20+ rich types would buy out Swansea City with no interest in the club whatsoever. Silverstein is seeing more return on his loan via interest than Mindy and Co have.

They bought (shares of) shares in a Premier League football club, the sort of business that brings in £120m+ a year and has tens of millions in spare cash to spend every summer. The Championship is a very different animal financially.

Most of the group put far less in the pot than Silverstein has, I imagine. Part of a diversified portfolio, some of them would have barely known what their advisers were putting their cash into. They'll be hoping their other investments made enough to cover steep loss of investment value and zero dividends (even that summer when we made £70m selling players).
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024