Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread 09:14 - Oct 24 with 11563 viewsHullDale

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 08:20 - Oct 26 with 2958 viewsSaxonDale

Didn’t watch the game but an in-form Hendo, coupled with the solid defence Bentley has made, would be enough to keep us up IMO.*

* Would obviously like Bentley to still strengthen the midfield in January.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 08:37 - Oct 26 with 2892 viewsNorthernDale

Last night, I thought O'Donnell, Diagouraga and Henderson was outstanding, Odoh had another poor game and in truth, I am happy with the result, because I would have a point before kick off.

It was a better experience then our last visit to Tranmere. We were under pressure for great parts of the game, but the defence fought for every ball, which sums up the change of attitude under Bentley.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 13:14 - Oct 26 with 2372 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 21:44 - Oct 25 by 442Dale

Bloody funny watching him walk further and further away after his number went up. I think O’Donnell is still taking a goal kick now as well.

9.8 on the Wimbledon Timewasting Scale.

Second half we looked a bit better and going through midfield helped us gain a bit more control but they still looked far more dangerous. Don’t think we’ll defend as many crosses in the next month. A game lacking quality but a good point.

Great point in black shorts AND black socks.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 13:27 - Oct 26 with 2348 viewsAtThePeake

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 08:37 - Oct 26 by NorthernDale

Last night, I thought O'Donnell, Diagouraga and Henderson was outstanding, Odoh had another poor game and in truth, I am happy with the result, because I would have a point before kick off.

It was a better experience then our last visit to Tranmere. We were under pressure for great parts of the game, but the defence fought for every ball, which sums up the change of attitude under Bentley.

It was a much better experience and you can't help but feel that under Stockdale we'd have slipped to a miserable 3 or 4-1 defeat last night. It's credit to Bentley that he's managed to make us so much stronger defensively without being able to bring in reinforcements.

A lot of credit has to go to Sam Graham too. To go from looking like he might end up as one of those names that people cringe at whenever mentioned, to being a key performer at the moment shows some serious character. I understand he could have done better with the goal, but he dealt brilliantly with a lot of crosses that came into the box and he's become much more confident in aggressively stepping out of the backline to win interceptions, definitely on an upwards trajectory.

Tangled up in blue.

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 15:37 - Oct 26 with 2111 views442Dale

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 13:27 - Oct 26 by AtThePeake

It was a much better experience and you can't help but feel that under Stockdale we'd have slipped to a miserable 3 or 4-1 defeat last night. It's credit to Bentley that he's managed to make us so much stronger defensively without being able to bring in reinforcements.

A lot of credit has to go to Sam Graham too. To go from looking like he might end up as one of those names that people cringe at whenever mentioned, to being a key performer at the moment shows some serious character. I understand he could have done better with the goal, but he dealt brilliantly with a lot of crosses that came into the box and he's become much more confident in aggressively stepping out of the backline to win interceptions, definitely on an upwards trajectory.

Graham’s response after struggling initially at the club can be compared to another centre half, Marcus Holness, who went from a irregular member of the squad for three seasons to playing every week in League One and being one of our best players in 10/11.

It’s about playing to people’s strengths and in both cases they were allowed time to concentrate on defending first and foremost. Holness would have lasted a lot longer at Dale if Hill had stayed*. Graham will have been annoyed by their goal last night and will learn lessons from it, last season it would have been the sort of thing that would have affected his performance for the rest of the game. It didn’t and he defended well again.

(*feel free to alert contacts if they haven’t seen this already)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:07 - Oct 26 with 1923 viewselectricblue

I managed to watch the first 15mins then we had a family emergency to attend to so a long night..
From what I did see was a scrappy game by both sides but 1pt is better than nothing..
As somebody else posted we could have lost that under RS with the poor defending but JB seems to have put in a bit of tenacity into the team now which was vastly missing under RS....
Good to hear that Hendo is starting to make his presence felt which was sadly missing this season....

If Dale can keep getting the points and JB gets a few players in during early January then mid table is a possibility.....
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 7:32]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:32 - Oct 26 with 1854 viewskel

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:07 - Oct 26 by electricblue

I managed to watch the first 15mins then we had a family emergency to attend to so a long night..
From what I did see was a scrappy game by both sides but 1pt is better than nothing..
As somebody else posted we could have lost that under RS with the poor defending but JB seems to have put in a bit of tenacity into the team now which was vastly missing under RS....
Good to hear that Hendo is starting to make his presence felt which was sadly missing this season....

If Dale can keep getting the points and JB gets a few players in during early January then mid table is a possibility.....
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 7:32]

You made that assessment of the game after only watching 15 minutes of it?

Fair play.
Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 26 with 1842 views442Dale

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:32 - Oct 26 by kel

You made that assessment of the game after only watching 15 minutes of it?

Fair play.

Twelve of those minutes must have seen the ball in O’Donnell’s possession.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:36 - Oct 26 with 1837 viewsfitzochris

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 26 by 442Dale

Twelve of those minutes must have seen the ball in O’Donnell’s possession.

Dale time-wasting? Never…

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 10:36 - Oct 27 with 1230 viewsAtThePeake

Tranmere Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:36 - Oct 26 by fitzochris

Dale time-wasting? Never…

Since sitting directly behind the dugouts in a home game against Fleetwood when he was manager there a few years ago, I really cannot stand Micky Mellon.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024