Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What makes you happy. ? 19:30 - Nov 13 with 4516 viewsSirjohnalot

World can be so dark at times, tough times, winter coming etc.

So I thought I’d ask, have a think, what makes you happy ?

My wife, my dog, like my job, live in a pretty area, and I’m in position where I can look after my parents, mother in law and mates financially if they need it.

Good enough

Let's expand it a bit, to include, what has made you laugh or smile today, no matter how daft

This post has been edited by an administrator
What makes you happy. ? on 19:39 - Nov 13 with 1649 viewsDr_Winston

For me it's about moments.

I was once walking around Swansea Marina on a sunny but showery day. All of a sudden "I've seen All Good People" by Yes came on my music player. The contrast between the many rainbows and the opening sequence of that song put me on a high that took hours to wear off.

Little periods of joy like that have more impact on me than life in general, as fine as my life is. I'm in good health, my family is in good health. I'm not short of cash (mostly through a lack of expenses rather than size of income). Mrs. Winston is a fine woman and I look forward to our future life when we finally decide to move in together.

If I had to quibble I'd prefer a job without interaction with the public, but you can't have everything.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 19:43]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What makes you happy. ? on 19:40 - Nov 13 with 1654 viewsonehunglow

I’m the first to reply .

To be still breathing when many I know are not

Everything else is just scenery

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What makes you happy. ? on 19:43 - Nov 13 with 1652 viewsSirjohnalot

What makes you happy. ? on 19:39 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

I was once walking around Swansea Marina on a sunny but showery day. All of a sudden "I've seen All Good People" by Yes came on my music player. The contrast between the many rainbows and the opening sequence of that song put me on a high that took hours to wear off.

Little periods of joy like that have more impact on me than life in general, as fine as my life is. I'm in good health, my family is in good health. I'm not short of cash (mostly through a lack of expenses rather than size of income). Mrs. Winston is a fine woman and I look forward to our future life when we finally decide to move in together.

If I had to quibble I'd prefer a job without interaction with the public, but you can't have everything.

I get the people bit. Do wonder, looking back, if I’d have liked to have been a vet, but I think losing animals would break me
What makes you happy. ? on 19:53 - Nov 13 with 1628 viewsonehunglow

What makes you happy. ? on 19:39 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

That s a very heart rending post
Gob smacked really

What makes you happy. ? on 19:54 - Nov 13 with 1620 viewsDr_Winston

What makes you happy. ? on 19:43 - Nov 13 by Sirjohnalot

I get the people bit. Do wonder, looking back, if I’d have liked to have been a vet, but I think losing animals would break me

I probably should have gone into something like IT.

Family circumstances meant that University was never really an option so I sort of fell into doing what I do now. It's secure work and reasonably well paid for the area, but it's not what I'd call a passion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What makes you happy. ? on 20:38 - Nov 13 with 1562 viewslifelong

Taking our 8 year old Grandson to football training on a Wednesday and then swimming lessons on a Thursday evening and watching him doing lengths of the pool…brilliant.
What makes you happy. ? on 20:55 - Nov 13 with 1578 viewsBoundy

What makes you happy. ? on 20:38 - Nov 13 by lifelong

Taking our 8 year old Grandson to football training on a Wednesday and then swimming lessons on a Thursday evening and watching him doing lengths of the pool…brilliant.

Pretty much had my legs swept from beneath me recently (metaphorically speaking ) so virtually everything , appreciate what you have , as much and as a little it may be

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What makes you happy. ? on 21:18 - Nov 13 with 1557 viewsSirjohnalot

Brilliant posts, love it, no mention at all of material things.
Login to get fewer ads

What makes you happy. ? on 23:30 - Nov 13 with 1506 viewsLuther27

Helping my wife recover from cancer. She fought and recovered. She often says my smiles helped….years later she is the one that makes me smile and feel warm inside. That makes my life.
What makes you happy. ? on 03:00 - Nov 14 with 1473 viewsmart66

Interesting topic.

I’ll avoid this one, my answers would only draw future criticism. But very nice answers so far.

Official Intellectual Property of Dr P. Registered Trademark.

What makes you happy. ? on 07:14 - Nov 14 with 1417 viewsSirjohnalot

What makes you happy. ? on 23:30 - Nov 13 by Luther27

Helping my wife recover from cancer. She fought and recovered. She often says my smiles helped….years later she is the one that makes me smile and feel warm inside. That makes my life.

The perfect answer x
What makes you happy. ? on 08:54 - Nov 14 with 1362 viewsBoundy

What makes you happy. ? on 20:38 - Nov 13 by lifelong

I have quite a few grandsons all of varying ages and standards all playing for local (and two not so local ) teams so my weekends and some midweeks are taken up by taking to , watching, and delivering back from / to matches, I get more joy at times watching them grow and develop than I do watching the Swans and I love the Swans .I did the same with my kids and now they’re repeating the process, the circle of life is a fine thing

What makes you happy. ? on 10:00 - Nov 14 with 1331 viewsonehunglow

What makes you happy. ? on 08:54 - Nov 14 by Boundy

I have quite a few grandsons all of varying ages and standards all playing for local (and two not so local ) teams so my weekends and some midweeks are taken up by taking to , watching, and delivering back from / to matches, I get more joy at times watching them grow and develop than I do watching the Swans and I love the Swans .I did the same with my kids and now they’re repeating the process, the circle of life is a fine thing

Easier to reply to a post as to what makes us unhappy

What makes you happy. ? on 10:09 - Nov 14 with 1325 viewsBoundy

What makes you happy. ? on 10:00 - Nov 14 by onehunglow

Easier to reply to a post as to what makes us unhappy

They say the simple things in life are the best and for me that's true.Lots of things make me unhappy but I try not to stress over things of which I have no control .

What makes you happy. ? on 10:17 - Nov 14 with 1316 viewsonehunglow

What makes you happy. ? on 10:09 - Nov 14 by Boundy

They say the simple things in life are the best and for me that's true.Lots of things make me unhappy but I try not to stress over things of which I have no control .

Morning.
True enough but we are always fighting our innermost thoughts .
Most know what s the right way or the best mindset but putting it into practice is not easy

What makes you happy. ? on 10:22 - Nov 14 with 1319 viewsTogg

Thankfully Mrs T and myself are in fine fettle. Which is the most important thing. Health and happiness is first and foremost.
We both love blue skies and warmth. One of the reasons we are thinking in a few years time of retiring out to Southern Spain. Or if not, to spend more time there especially the winter months.
Both being able to play a racquet sport well into middle age. It's a great feeling after you have played. So good for mental and physical health.
What makes you happy. ? on 10:32 - Nov 14 with 1304 viewsonehunglow

What makes you happy. ? on 10:22 - Nov 14 by Togg

Thankfully Mrs T and myself are in fine fettle. Which is the most important thing. Health and happiness is first and foremost.
We both love blue skies and warmth. One of the reasons we are thinking in a few years time of retiring out to Southern Spain. Or if not, to spend more time there especially the winter months.
Both being able to play a racquet sport well into middle age. It's a great feeling after you have played. So good for mental and physical health.

We had plans for that too but grandchildren came along and changed our mindset

Came very close to buying a house in Limousin.

What makes you happy. ? on 10:34 - Nov 14 with 1306 viewscontroversial_jack

Retirement. Not having to answer to anyone - wife excepted.
What makes you happy. ? on 10:55 - Nov 14 with 1296 viewsSandanista

My family, my dogs, the sea, cheese, chocolate, sleeping.
What makes you happy. ? on 10:56 - Nov 14 with 1293 viewsSandanista

What makes you happy. ? on 19:54 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

I probably should have gone into something like IT.

Family circumstances meant that University was never really an option so I sort of fell into doing what I do now. It's secure work and reasonably well paid for the area, but it's not what I'd call a passion.

Ever thought of a degree part time-plenty of good online options these days?
What makes you happy. ? on 10:58 - Nov 14 with 1288 viewsSandanista

What makes you happy. ? on 19:43 - Nov 13 by Sirjohnalot

Could still do it Jon-a few four year degrees for graduates out there.
What makes you happy. ? on 11:56 - Nov 14 with 1265 viewsWhiterockin

Watching my children and grandchildren develop into the best they can possibly be. There are so many more opportunities out there than when I was was young, it is important to grab them. Most important things in life for me are family and health, these make me happy. Material things mean absolutely nothing to me and would give them all up if I had too.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

What makes you happy. ? on 12:00 - Nov 14 with 1252 viewsDr_Winston

What makes you happy. ? on 10:56 - Nov 14 by Sandanista

Ever thought of a degree part time-plenty of good online options these days?

I did look into it a bit. Still may do one day.

What makes you happy. ? on 12:31 - Nov 14 with 1248 viewsBoundy

What makes you happy. ? on 11:56 - Nov 14 by Whiterockin

Watching my children and grandchildren develop into the best they can possibly be. There are so many more opportunities out there than when I was was young, it is important to grab them. Most important things in life for me are family and health, these make me happy. Material things mean absolutely nothing to me and would give them all up if I had too.

In my case that certainly mirrors my attitude , as long as i have my family/dogs , my health & mobility, my bills are covered with food in the cupboard then what else is there , I live in Swansea , have the surrounding areas west of me to visit then what more do I need . we make life either simple or diffcult ,in a lot of cases its our choice

What makes you happy. ? on 15:01 - Nov 14 with 1192 viewspencoedjack

What makes you happy. ? on 23:30 - Nov 13 by Luther27

Similar for me Luther my wife has had to battle both breast & bowel cancer.

She had a reversal operation on the bowel cancer (this is a bigger operation than the removal of the tumour & puts everything back in place to allow the bowel to function as normal), her smile after this surgery when told everything was back to normal is something that will leave with me forever.

Anyone who has suffered &/or known family members battle any kind of bastard disease will realise good health & is more important than anything else & the main reason to be happy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024