Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre forward? 11:01 - Nov 14 with 1590 viewsRichardO

Obefemi struggling when highball played up to him.
Piroe bit slow struggles to compete when balls played into space behind opposition defence not the quickest.
Ntcham, worth a try playing the other two off him?
Centre forward? on 11:12 - Nov 14 with 1581 viewsWhiterockin

I have felt for a while that we should play Obefemi up top with Piroe and Cooper behind him, Piroe on the right and Cooper on the left. None of them are decent headers of the ball so it has to be played to feet and when they make their runs and played more quickly.
Centre forward? on 11:35 - Nov 14 with 1559 viewsjojaca

Service is shocking to the forwards, so can't read too much into their bad form. We are too busy playing keep ball 30/40 yards away from them.

Even when you know, you never know?

Centre forward? on 11:42 - Nov 14 with 1539 viewsWhiterockin

Centre forward? on 11:35 - Nov 14 by jojaca

Service is shocking to the forwards, so can't read too much into their bad form. We are too busy playing keep ball 30/40 yards away from them.

Nothing has much changed from last season when they were putting the chances away. This season both have missed chances they would have put away last season starting on the opening day.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2022 11:43]
Centre forward? on 12:04 - Nov 14 with 1513 viewsDr_Winston

Centre forward? on 11:12 - Nov 14 by Whiterockin

I have felt for a while that we should play Obefemi up top with Piroe and Cooper behind him, Piroe on the right and Cooper on the left. None of them are decent headers of the ball so it has to be played to feet and when they make their runs and played more quickly.

Down arrowed this one by mistake.

I disagree with the second post though. Things are quite a bit different from last season. We don't have Christie or Wolf out wide, Pato has barely featured behind Piroe and we've also steadfastly refused to give Oba a run up top with JP floating behind him.

We've had a downgrade in terms of quality and consistently avoid using a pairing that delivered 26 goals in the back half of last season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Centre forward? on 12:12 - Nov 14 with 1502 viewsWhiterockin

Centre forward? on 12:04 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Down arrowed this one by mistake.

I disagree with the second post though. Things are quite a bit different from last season. We don't have Christie or Wolf out wide, Pato has barely featured behind Piroe and we've also steadfastly refused to give Oba a run up top with JP floating behind him.

We've had a downgrade in terms of quality and consistently avoid using a pairing that delivered 26 goals in the back half of last season.

It would be interesting to see how many of Piroes goal came when Patterson was on the pitch, there seemed to be a telepathy between them.
Centre forward? on 13:10 - Nov 14 with 1466 viewssP7qupUf

Centre forward? on 12:12 - Nov 14 by Whiterockin

It would be interesting to see how many of Piroes goal came when Patterson was on the pitch, there seemed to be a telepathy between them.

Agreed. Bit like Will and Siggy.
Centre forward? on 13:28 - Nov 14 with 1459 viewsjack247

Centre forward? on 12:12 - Nov 14 by Whiterockin

There certainly did. Accounting for the lack of Paterson though, Piroe just hasn’t been finishing to anywhere near last season’s standard. He may have had less chances, but he’s done a lot worse with the chances he’s had.

Equal top scorer with Ntcham, who has been an impact sub most of the season. I don’t think bringing Paterson back is going to make him as prolific as he was.
Centre forward? on 15:02 - Nov 14 with 1413 viewsReslovenSwan1

Piroe's form has fallen away. This may be a good time to offer him new deal. Piroe was in nowhere land until he met Swansea and Mr Martin.

He was the 'Ben Woodburn of the Netherlands'. A very hot property at 17 and a £1m give away at 20. Never made it in the adult game.

Three scenarios can happen.

a) He regains form rejects a new deal and is sold for £2m to QPR at the and of the season.

b) He does not regain form ever again and runs down his deal and goes for a free in 2024. He turns up a ADO Den Hague as a squad player. I introduce the 'new Borja Baston'.

c) He sees sense and signs a new 3 year deal. He WORKS on his pace and heading and concentrates on improving his all around game not his bank balance (he is a dead eye finisher on his day). He scores a bag full and Swansea get to the PL. He expresses his gratitude the club and Mr Martin.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Centre forward? on 18:02 - Nov 14 with 1332 viewspencoedjack

Centre forward? on 11:42 - Nov 14 by Whiterockin

Nothing has much changed from last season when they were putting the chances away. This season both have missed chances they would have put away last season starting on the opening day.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2022 11:43]

Oba’s head was turned in the summer wouldn’t surprise me if Burnley came in again in January.
Centre forward? on 18:56 - Nov 14 with 1304 viewsKeithHaynes

Centre forward? on 18:02 - Nov 14 by pencoedjack

Oba’s head was turned in the summer wouldn’t surprise me if Burnley came in again in January.

Well at least they know his valuation now and we won’t have any nonsense.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Centre forward? on 19:14 - Nov 14 with 1289 viewsReslovenSwan1

Centre forward? on 18:56 - Nov 14 by KeithHaynes

Well at least they know his valuation now and we won’t have any nonsense.

Burnley are near certs for a swift return to the PL. Two goal in extra time tell me they are made of the right stuff. Swansea currently would never risk it. Back in the premier league why would they want an hit or miss Obafemi they themselves only rated as a £1-£2m player? The parallel is Keinan Davis. Cooper was very keen to get him but was rapidly dropped after promotion

Wise sage since Toshack era

Centre forward? on 21:10 - Nov 14 with 1245 viewsRobbie

Hear Ronaldo could be available soon , must worth a punt .
Centre forward? on 22:24 - Nov 14 with 1211 viewsCatullus

Centre forward? on 21:10 - Nov 14 by Robbie

Hear Ronaldo could be available soon , must worth a punt .

If it's Ronaldo McDonaldo then maybe. I think our strikers will be ok with better service. I don't know how many times Oba screamed for the pass Saturday and it never came. Piroe also had poor service.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024