Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
History repeating… 17:14 - Nov 29 with 1040 viewsLohengrin

I’ve got an old framed print of Nash’s ‘We are making a New World’ at home, I’ve had it for decades, it ‘s evidence of a lifelong obsession with The Great War.

You’d think in a sane world such scenes couldn’t possibly reoccur, wouldn’t you?

This was Bakhmut three days ago…😵‍💫

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

History repeating… on 17:34 - Nov 29 with 995 viewsGwyn737

Both frightening and depressing.
History repeating… on 17:53 - Nov 29 with 985 viewsWingstandwood

It's extremely humbling to think that soldiers lived for years alongside foraging rats in the mud. cold and rain in most appalling conditions. Not only that they were under constant artillery fire and were expected to advance headlong into heavy machine gun fire, rifle fire and bayonets.

Ohhhh the hardship?
https://www.civilserviceworld.com/professions/article/dvla-heating-breaks-swanse

Argus!

History repeating… on 18:01 - Nov 29 with 973 viewsonehunglow

History repeating… on 17:53 - Nov 29 by Wingstandwood

It's extremely humbling to think that soldiers lived for years alongside foraging rats in the mud. cold and rain in most appalling conditions. Not only that they were under constant artillery fire and were expected to advance headlong into heavy machine gun fire, rifle fire and bayonets.

Ohhhh the hardship?
https://www.civilserviceworld.com/professions/article/dvla-heating-breaks-swanse

I’ve had to delete my own text

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

History repeating… on 18:23 - Nov 29 with 950 viewstheloneranger

106 years ago this month, in November 1916, Christopher Williams visited the scene of the Welsh losses at Mametz Wood. He later painted his famous "The Welsh at Mametz Wood" at the request of David Lloyd George.

My wife's late grandfather won a Military Medal at Mametz Wood, and later on in the conflict won a Distinguished Conduct Medal.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 18:25]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

History repeating… on 18:34 - Nov 29 with 935 viewsTreforys_Jack

History repeating… on 18:23 - Nov 29 by theloneranger

106 years ago this month, in November 1916, Christopher Williams visited the scene of the Welsh losses at Mametz Wood. He later painted his famous "The Welsh at Mametz Wood" at the request of David Lloyd George.

My wife's late grandfather won a Military Medal at Mametz Wood, and later on in the conflict won a Distinguished Conduct Medal.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 18:25]

I was at Mametz a few month's ago, very emotional, especially when looking at contemporary photographs of the immediate aftermath of the battle. I'm sure I read, it was the first, or one of the first times casualties from conflict had been photographed laying where they fell. Gordon Highlanders if I remember correctly.
History repeating… on 18:54 - Nov 29 with 916 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The original post leaves a sense of hopelessness.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

History repeating… on 21:08 - Nov 29 with 882 viewsCatullus

History repeating… on 18:54 - Nov 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

The original post leaves a sense of hopelessness.

As usual with Lohengrin, he makes a pst and has us all thinking, reflecting. it's because we so obviously haven't learned the lessons that the world is in such a state.

Putin accuses others of being colonialist and yet what is he doing but empire building, or trying to.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024