Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly 01:32 - Dec 13 with 1524 viewsDJack

There is talk that the federal Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California created more energy than was put in for a fusion experiment.
Apparently they use something called inertial confinement fusion...pellets and fricking powerful laser.

So potentially a greener future or another soon to be dead end experiment chasing an impossible fusion dream!

Achievable or not, too costly or another source will make it redundent? Thoughts?

Edit - to add link to nonpaywalled article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/12/11/fusion-nuclear-energy-breakth
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 1:36]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 10:24 - Dec 13 with 1428 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Fingers crossed on this, it would be a transformation in energy production.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 10:30 - Dec 13 with 1427 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 10:24 - Dec 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Fingers crossed on this, it would be a transformation in energy production.

The fossil fuel lobby will be working very hard to put barriers in the way of this and they wield tremendous power.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 14:12 - Dec 13 with 1394 viewscontroversial_jack

Great news, but i will still need gas for my heating and cooking
Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 16:19 - Dec 13 with 1366 viewsCountyJim

You'll get some loon's saying it spreads covid or other illnesses
Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 19:31 - Dec 13 with 1331 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 10:30 - Dec 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The fossil fuel lobby will be working very hard to put barriers in the way of this and they wield tremendous power.

I don't think so, there is too much vested interest in making it work, the UK, EU, China as well as other yanks are working on it.
The Chinese also broke a record recently.
The problem isn't just getting it, but maintaining it.
What I find funny is that a couple of years ago, which I reported on here at the time, the Safire Project had Plasma running producing more energy than input on a continuous basis.
And the world ignored it.
It also transmutes elements, including radioactive ones, so they are concentrating on a system to clean up Radioactive waste.
The Videos are fascinating and so is their plan, if it ever comes to fruition.
See
https://www.safireproject.com/index.html#
and
https://aureon.ca/science
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 19:32]
Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 01:27 - Dec 14 with 1228 viewsDJack

And the not so good new...producing the 2 megajoules of laser power that started the fusion reaction took about 300 megajoules of grid power.

Back to the drawing board then.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 07:16 - Dec 14 with 1208 viewsLohengrin

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 01:27 - Dec 14 by DJack

And the not so good new...producing the 2 megajoules of laser power that started the fusion reaction took about 300 megajoules of grid power.

Back to the drawing board then.

Have they given any thought to hooking a conductor up to the clock tower in the town square? 😊

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 10:31 - Dec 14 with 1172 viewscontroversial_jack

I would take any claims by Americans with a pinch of salt.
Login to get fewer ads

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 14:48 - Dec 14 with 1135 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Fusion power finally creates more than it uses...allegedly on 07:16 - Dec 14 by Lohengrin

Have they given any thought to hooking a conductor up to the clock tower in the town square? 😊

It’s megajoules they need not gigawatts.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024