Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry suspended 5 point deduction 15:32 - Dec 22 with 1948 views3swan

Games against Rotherham United, Wigan Athletic and Huddersfield Town were postponed after the pitch was deemed in an unplayable condition at the Coventry Building Society Arena

"1. Subject to paragraph 4 below, a five (5) point deduction to be suspended for the remainder of the 2022/2023 season and the 2023/2024 season.

"4. The suspended points deduction shall be applied immediately upon any charge being proven, or admitted, relating to any further missed fixture of the Club in the 2022/2023 season and/or 2023/2024 season.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/breaking-efl-rele
Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 15:39 - Dec 22 with 1901 viewshowenjack

They've suffered enough.
Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 16:35 - Dec 22 with 1847 viewsCatullus

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 15:39 - Dec 22 by howenjack

They've suffered enough.

Rules are rules though, as long as they are applied equally to everyone then it's OK.

If they have suffered then maybe they should have been better run. Do you feel like letting Cardiff's transfer ban be dropped because they suffered enough? Well the fans have anyway.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction (n/t) on 16:52 - Dec 22 with 1838 viewshowenjack

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 16:35 - Dec 22 by Catullus

Rules are rules though, as long as they are applied equally to everyone then it's OK.

If they have suffered then maybe they should have been better run. Do you feel like letting Cardiff's transfer ban be dropped because they suffered enough? Well the fans have anyway.

Whatever ...

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/breaking-efl-rele
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 16:53]
Coventry suspended 5 point deduction (n/t) on 17:48 - Dec 22 with 1779 viewsCatullus

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction (n/t) on 16:52 - Dec 22 by howenjack

Whatever ...

[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 16:53]

That's the point though, this is a suspended punshment and won't be applied unless they break the rules again.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 19:48 - Dec 22 with 1664 viewsGixerJack

Now wash your mouth out son.. Cardiff will never have suffered enough 😂🤣😂
Coventry suspended 5 point deduction (n/t) on 19:53 - Dec 22 with 1663 viewshowenjack

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction (n/t) on 17:48 - Dec 22 by Catullus

That's the point though, this is a suspended punshment and won't be applied unless they break the rules again.

They are lucky then I thought it was a definite point deduction .
Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 20:15 - Dec 22 with 1651 viewsDr_Winston

Being from Coventry is punishment enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 21:12 - Dec 22 with 1618 views3swan

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 20:15 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

Being from Coventry is punishment enough.

Being sent there is even worse 😁
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 22:57 - Dec 22 with 1550 viewsKeithHaynes

Thing is the way I read it at the time it was hardly their fault.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 14:34 - Dec 23 with 1455 viewsCatullus

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 22:57 - Dec 22 by KeithHaynes

Thing is the way I read it at the time it was hardly their fault.

I suppose, when you look at every case you can find reasons why other clubs have been hard done by. The truth is every club is at the whim of it's owners and if/when they screw up it's the club and fans who pay the price.

Derby, Portsmouth, Leeds and others, the actual club, the players, manager and fans didn't do anything wrong but te owners behaviour got them their punishments, isn't it the same with Coventry? You'll have to straighten me out on this because I can't remember and can't be bothered to look

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 14:48 - Dec 23 with 1435 viewsWhiterockin

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 14:34 - Dec 23 by Catullus

I suppose, when you look at every case you can find reasons why other clubs have been hard done by. The truth is every club is at the whim of it's owners and if/when they screw up it's the club and fans who pay the price.

Derby, Portsmouth, Leeds and others, the actual club, the players, manager and fans didn't do anything wrong but te owners behaviour got them their punishments, isn't it the same with Coventry? You'll have to straighten me out on this because I can't remember and can't be bothered to look

I felt Wycombe were hard done by when they were relegated instead of Derby because of the points deduction fiasco.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 15:19 - Dec 23 with 1404 views3swan

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 14:34 - Dec 23 by Catullus

Wasps were the majority part owners of the stadium and Coventry were tenants.

65 rugby sevens matches were played on the pitch over three days during Commonwealth Games.

Due to the damage caused to the pitch it was deemed unplayable and games postponed.
Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 16:15 - Dec 23 with 1365 viewsCatullus

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 15:19 - Dec 23 by 3swan

Wasps were the majority part owners of the stadium and Coventry were tenants.

65 rugby sevens matches were played on the pitch over three days during Commonwealth Games.

Due to the damage caused to the pitch it was deemed unplayable and games postponed.

Ah, then maybe they were hard done by BUT the rues state in a shared stadium th football muct come first. If it can't or the owners shaft you, I guess this is what happens.

I know that when the ospreys moved in with us they had to sign an agreement that stated the Swans games will always take priority.

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 16:30 - Dec 23 with 1342 views3swan

Coventry suspended 5 point deduction on 16:15 - Dec 23 by Catullus

Ah, then maybe they were hard done by BUT the rues state in a shared stadium th football muct come first. If it can't or the owners shaft you, I guess this is what happens.

I know that when the ospreys moved in with us they had to sign an agreement that stated the Swans games will always take priority.

From memory, as I didn't follow it closely.

The arrangements for the commonwealth games had been signed before Coventry agreed the lease for this season.

Wasps said they advised Coventry that games should not be played for the first 3 weeks so that the pitch could be worked on after the rugby.

Coventry said that was not possible.

There was a fair bit of mudslinging (ha ha) so who knows the full truth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024