Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Children leaving care 19:10 - Jan 16 with 943 viewsCountyJim

It's really a stain on this country that as soon as someone reaches 18 they are on their own

These kids have gone through enough we have to treat them better.

Just on ITV news
Children leaving care on 19:17 - Jan 16 with 922 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well apparently many politicians believe that kids are mature enough to vote at 16, that being so someone 2 years older should be able to look after themselves?

Yes I am being facetious. you're right Jim, these poor buggers have had a hard enough start and deserve better. Right now a very large chunk of the Uk can say that though.
Children leaving care on 19:18 - Jan 16 with 922 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

LA has responsibilities until 21. I ran a programme in in LA to improve the provision for care leavers. Each young person had a plan with a tailored set of actions that could include for example a mentor, health and education support, transition to work support and a housing officer etc.

The support was designed in part by the care leavers themselves and some are f them were well placed for life as an adult others were obviously in need of a lot of support.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/35/notes/division/2

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Children leaving care on 20:33 - Jan 16 with 882 viewsFlashberryjack

There are thousands of kids dealt a poor hand, yes, they need a helping hand, but the sooner they learn that the world doesn't owe you a living, the better the chance they'll have of making something of their lives.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Children leaving care on 00:59 - Jan 17 with 836 viewsTreforys_Jack

Children leaving care on 20:33 - Jan 16 by Flashberryjack

There are thousands of kids dealt a poor hand, yes, they need a helping hand, but the sooner they learn that the world doesn't owe you a living, the better the chance they'll have of making something of their lives.

Harsh, but I get where you're coming from tbf.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024