Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi online abuse 18:26 - Jan 30 with 3894 viewsWhiterockin

We are all disappointed in his attitude but this is not acceptable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64459729

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Obafemi online abuse on 01:18 - Jan 31 with 874 viewsDr_Parnassus

Obafemi online abuse on 00:39 - Jan 31 by jackdee

Absolute load of tripe, I despair

Which part specifically?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Obafemi online abuse on 01:34 - Jan 31 with 851 viewsDr_Parnassus

Obafemi online abuse on 22:25 - Jan 30 by Treforys_Jack

Some of the chants at away games recently are a sad indictment of some of our followers (won't call them fans), not racist, although in extremely poor taste. Think it's probably connected to the social media generation, as the majority seem to be teens, early 20's.
Sad times.

Spot on and those chants are again, done for attention.

All this is fed by attention. The more you give it, the more it will multiply.

People know this, they aren’t stupid, but their obsession to appear virtuous and call it out like some Martin Luther King or Malcolm X character is far too strong to ignore, pretending it’s the Nazi party incarnate rather than a kid bored on his Xbox and looking for attention.

But again we don’t know who said it, what was said or indeed why. Until we know the above I’m personally going to put it down the most likely scenario which is the usual social media attention seeking using a subject they know will get noticed.

I have no need or desire for virtue so have the superpower to call things as they are, while others dance around pretending to be outraged by things they don’t even know the details of.

Make no mistake, bad things can be said for attention. Nobody is suggesting these comments are fine (as one particular poster seems to be suggesting).

But the point is, they are extremely likely to be empty words. The less attention you give them the less they will appear.

Obafemi online abuse on 02:02 - Jan 31 with 848 viewsDr_Parnassus

One final attempt at explaining to those who have a desire to not understand.

Give someone £5 for every racist post they make online, what do you think happens?

Racist posts will explode in popularity, not because they believe the words they type but they know they will get rewarded for doing so.

Attention is a form of currency on the likes of Twitter, give these people attention every time they say something like this and they will continue to do it and others will see it as an easy way to get it, because they get their desired reward for it.

By giving these people the attention they crave, you are essentially greasing their palm with that £5 and incentivising any other attention seekers to follow suit.

So I often refuse to give these cretins the currency they seek. If it makes you feel better to be outraged by it and tell everyone how furious you are, then go nuts. But you are fuelling it for the next time someone wants a similar reaction.

Empty words should be reported to the organisation that it was posted on and ignored.

This furore every-time is self defeating.

Obafemi online abuse on 06:04 - Jan 31 with 806 viewsSirjohnalot

Obafemi online abuse on 23:33 - Jan 30 by Dr_Parnassus

This is the sensationalism described in my post.

I’m not going to condemn anyone for doing something I don’t know about. Who am I condemning? What did they say?

I have not commented on this specific story, I have no details at hand to make a qualified assessment of what went on. Neither do you.

What I have said, is that people who use racist language online often do it for attention as opposed to being genuinely racist. Just like when Rashford got abused, mainly by black Somalians for attention - and it’s your hysteria that feeds and creates it.

So while you get hysterical, I will take the intelligent approach and ask for details before commenting, safe in the knowledge that it is probably just another race based attention post to grip the likes of you into a fit of rage.

Certainly not something to condone of course, but I’m not sure anyone has?

I was going to say that if you aren’t intelligent enough to understand the posts made, then maybe it’s best to not read them…. but you tried that already.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 23:38]

You can’t help insulting people can you ? You wonder why people don’t want to reply to you
Obafemi online abuse on 06:17 - Jan 31 with 775 viewsDr_Parnassus

Obafemi online abuse on 06:04 - Jan 31 by Sirjohnalot

You can’t help insulting people can you ? You wonder why people don’t want to reply to you

Insulting people? Where?

There is a sentence for people in my post for those that continue to misread them intentionally.

Double poster of the year voted for by the people, It appears the readers have no issue. Maybe you need to have a re-think?

Keep reading what you like John.

Obafemi online abuse on 08:00 - Jan 31 with 721 viewsBoundy

Obafemi online abuse on 23:33 - Jan 30 by Dr_Parnassus

This is the sensationalism described in my post.

I’m not going to condemn anyone for doing something I don’t know about. Who am I condemning? What did they say?

I have not commented on this specific story, I have no details at hand to make a qualified assessment of what went on. Neither do you.

What I have said, is that people who use racist language online often do it for attention as opposed to being genuinely racist. Just like when Rashford got abused, mainly by black Somalians for attention - and it’s your hysteria that feeds and creates it.

So while you get hysterical, I will take the intelligent approach and ask for details before commenting, safe in the knowledge that it is probably just another race based attention post to grip the likes of you into a fit of rage.

Certainly not something to condone of course, but I’m not sure anyone has?

I was going to say that if you aren’t intelligent enough to understand the posts made, then maybe it’s best to not read them…. but you tried that already.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 23:38]

You are an utter & total hypocrite , a poster who believes his superiority over others , and calls for posters to be banned . (remember boom) .A facade of intelligence not supported by a myriad of your comments

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Obafemi online abuse on 08:22 - Jan 31 with 691 viewsoldcob

Aye all right. I admit it. I went off subject a little. For the record I think the abuse was disgusting obviously.
Obafemi online abuse on 08:23 - Jan 31 with 687 viewsSTID2017

Obafemi online abuse on 01:02 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

The point being made is, we don't know what was said, as far as I'm aware.

Agree we so not know what was said.
However it seems that only one regular poster on here is unwilling to accept the reports that an unacceptable racial slur has been made against Obafemi.
Everyone else it seems accepts the reports from the BBC and the club

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi online abuse on 08:33 - Jan 31 with 669 viewsSTID2017

Obafemi online abuse on 08:22 - Jan 31 by oldcob

Aye all right. I admit it. I went off subject a little. For the record I think the abuse was disgusting obviously.

We all go off tangent at times.
Takes a man (or woman) to admit they made a mistake.
A lesson there for some

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Obafemi online abuse on 08:39 - Jan 31 with 644 viewsDr_Parnassus

Obafemi online abuse on 08:00 - Jan 31 by Boundy

You are an utter & total hypocrite , a poster who believes his superiority over others , and calls for posters to be banned . (remember boom) .A facade of intelligence not supported by a myriad of your comments

Where is the hypocrisy? Point it out.

There is no facade here champ; if you cannot understand the points I make and as a result it upsets you, then stop reading them.

Aren’t you the poster that was mocking the murder of a young girl based on her nationality? Because she was Russian? Is that what you mean by “boom”?

And then a few days ago made a comment about Australians based on what you alluded to was a defected gene pool due to the colonisation process where convicts were sent there?

(That’s a rhetorical question, you were that poster. Vile comments and a pattern emerging there).

I think before you take the moral high ground you should probably take a look at your own attitudes towards others of different ethnic backgrounds and nationalities.

Stick to the Janet and John posts of empty outrage.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 8:56]

Obafemi online abuse on 08:44 - Jan 31 with 627 viewsDr_Parnassus

Obafemi online abuse on 08:23 - Jan 31 by STID2017

Agree we so not know what was said.
However it seems that only one regular poster on here is unwilling to accept the reports that an unacceptable racial slur has been made against Obafemi.
Everyone else it seems accepts the reports from the BBC and the club

Where did I not accept it?

I said I’m not going to be outraged by comments I haven’t read, by people who I do not know, for reasons only they know.

I understand it’s fashionable to call for people to be jailed and the key thrown away whenever some kind of social justice hot topic is brought up on here, in a competition to be the most angry about it.

However I think far deeper than that.

I know most people these days are making these comments because the likes of you get all het up about it and give them the attention they crave.

So while it’s likely to be an empty comment to get attention; I won’t be providing them with the currency of attention they crave, until we learn otherwise that the comment was meant and from a genuine place.

As I said, if you don’t have the intellect to understand the points I make then don’t read them. Before John gets his knickers in a twist, whether you have that level of intelligence is for you to decide, I’m not making that conclusion.

Your racist language to me was empty for example, as a result it didn’t bother me. Boundy’s racial comments about Australians coming from criminals also was pretty empty, so didn’t bother me. Both were made to use race and nationality to get a reaction.

That’s the world we live in.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 8:51]

Obafemi online abuse on 08:46 - Jan 31 with 617 viewsDr_Parnassus

Obafemi online abuse on 08:33 - Jan 31 by STID2017

We all go off tangent at times.
Takes a man (or woman) to admit they made a mistake.
A lesson there for some

The lesson about lying about putting someone in ignore you mean?

Or the lesson about not using racial slurs to get a reaction?

The lesson about being told to stop engaging with me as you see clearly trying to get a reaction and one I will give you, and you continuing to do it?

Let’s hope you have learned then. I doubt it personally.

Obafemi online abuse on 09:12 - Jan 31 with 573 viewsSirjohnalot

Obafemi online abuse on 08:44 - Jan 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Where did I not accept it?

I said I’m not going to be outraged by comments I haven’t read, by people who I do not know, for reasons only they know.

I understand it’s fashionable to call for people to be jailed and the key thrown away whenever some kind of social justice hot topic is brought up on here, in a competition to be the most angry about it.

However I think far deeper than that.

I know most people these days are making these comments because the likes of you get all het up about it and give them the attention they crave.

So while it’s likely to be an empty comment to get attention; I won’t be providing them with the currency of attention they crave, until we learn otherwise that the comment was meant and from a genuine place.

As I said, if you don’t have the intellect to understand the points I make then don’t read them. Before John gets his knickers in a twist, whether you have that level of intelligence is for you to decide, I’m not making that conclusion.

Your racist language to me was empty for example, as a result it didn’t bother me. Boundy’s racial comments about Australians coming from criminals also was pretty empty, so didn’t bother me. Both were made to use race and nationality to get a reaction.

That’s the world we live in.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 8:51]

All I was saying is whether or not your posts are correct or not, whether your argument holds water or not, you lose ground in continuously putting people down, suggesting people are less intelligent than you, saying that if people do not agree with your views they are some how lack the intellect.

I do not know if you do this intentionally, but it may be something you wish to reflect on as it doesn't help in having a decent debate. It, instead winds people up, which I am sure is not what you intend.

Can I ask you please, to, in the future, refrain from such comments.

Thank you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024