Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
about last night 07:41 - Mar 2 with 1904 viewssaint22

where the fook do you start?

I cannot fathom exactly whats gone wrong at ptr club

every manager seems totally incapable of picking the right team. We have a paucity of decent players so pick the best ones every single game (barring injuries) we ar in no position to muck about with line ups now
A win last night may have kicked us on but instead we get AA Mara and Orsic wandering about, Our CBs playing tiki taka btwn themselves with no urgency, then making idiotic rash choices against a team near the foot of the entire league
FFS Selees nears to stamp his feet and sort this fro Saturday or we are done for, if we aren't already

Not sorting the keeper and striker fr seasons on end is really killing us but the dross in bwtn, good god
about last night on 07:52 - Mar 2 with 1860 viewsMytchettSaint

We’re done for already.

Fans know it,
Players know it,
Sports Replublic know it.
We are just going through the motions now.

Although Selles appears to be Ralph lite. Those players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

about last night on 08:31 - Mar 2 with 1744 viewskernow

about last night on 07:52 - Mar 2 by MytchettSaint

We’re done for already.

Fans know it,
Players know it,
Sports Replublic know it.
We are just going through the motions now.

Although Selles appears to be Ralph lite. Those players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

I don't think they care.
about last night on 09:01 - Mar 2 with 1657 viewssledger

those that can go are making sure they dont get injured,they should all be told there here next season whatever although we could be accused of shooting ourselves in the foot with some of these tossers
about last night on 09:16 - Mar 2 with 1622 viewsButty101

about last night on 09:01 - Mar 2 by sledger

those that can go are making sure they dont get injured,they should all be told there here next season whatever although we could be accused of shooting ourselves in the foot with some of these tossers

Im in a reflective mood this morning.

The first 20 odd minutes we looked good and they barely got a touch, they should have been out of the game by then.
The only way they scored was by getting 2 very dubious penalties . I no longer understand the handball rule. Ive seen plenty of them not given, his arm wasnt in an unnatural posiition. As for the 2nd one - words fail me i still cant believe that was given. That was a complete joke and the ref can claim two assists.

I would also start Mccartney in goal on saturday.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

about last night on 09:51 - Mar 2 with 1577 viewsstmichael

about last night on 09:16 - Mar 2 by Butty101

The first 20 odd minutes we looked good and they barely got a touch, they should have been out of the game by then.
The only way they scored was by getting 2 very dubious penalties . I no longer understand the handball rule. Ive seen plenty of them not given, his arm wasnt in an unnatural posiition. As for the 2nd one - words fail me i still cant believe that was given. That was a complete joke and the ref can claim two assists.

To be fair I’d start Paul McCartney ahead of Bazunu at the moment.
Caballero for me.
Experience and someone who can talk to the 🤡🤡 in front of him because they can’t work things out for themselves..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

about last night on 09:52 - Mar 2 with 1572 viewssaint22

that's fair and if we had started our best 11 with Tall Paul and Stuey/Sulemana then maybe we would have got goal or two

The first penalty is handball, its annoying but it hits his arm, he could have moved it as he did once it struck him when he realised his error

The second was a total joke and the ref fell for it
He stays on his feet thats never given]
That said it was a stupid thing to do and just shows the type of player we have in our squad
about last night on 09:58 - Mar 2 with 1562 viewsDorsetIan

There was a Saints shout for a handball penalty in the second half when the Grimsby player's arm was up but the commentators said the ball came onto the hand 'too quickly'.

Looks like the ball came onto Lyanco's arm pretty quickly too - why does he not have the same defence?

And why doesn't VAR rule out their second penalty. That's not a foul anywhere else on the pitch, except maybe for the play acting.

VAR is so sh!t - four minutes for it to award the first penalty. And in any non-VAR league in the world Walcott was level.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

about last night on 12:15 - Mar 2 with 1439 viewsSonicBoom

I don't understand why we didn't put out a better side. When you are struggling at the foot of the table surely putting out a decent side is a chance to get a win and score some goals. I would say that the boost we would get is worth the injury risk. We desperately needed a good result to boost confidence. Yet again we shot ourselves in the foot. Not only that, we have (yet again) been embarrassed by the scoreline.

Secondly our attacking play is ****. We love to pass it around the back four. Occasionally we pass into midfield, but then straight back again. Often our midfielders are unmarked but they just pass back the way they are facing, it doesn't occur to them to turn and make some yards.
As for near the box where to start? We don't get bodies in the box and we are so scared to take any sort of risk with the ball. It's almost as if we are so scared of giving it away, we won't try anything creative. And what happens? We pass the ball back into midfield - and as we aren't very good, sooner or later we give it away.
We must attack with some determination and conviction or we really are doomed.
Login to get fewer ads

about last night on 18:11 - Mar 2 with 1305 viewsTinman

I'll probably get slated for saying that I am not a regular at St Mary's and my son was born in Grimsby while we were up in Lincolnshire temporarily . Growing up, he loved Saints when we got promoted, and to when Koeman left. Then he slowly fell out of love with them. You can call him a fair weather supporter if you like.

Anyway, he takes a jokey joy out of saying he was born in Grimsby whose team are so far below us they look like ants and always wanted to see a Grimsby game - he couldn't get to Eastleigh v Grimsby last season. So when we drew them, I treated both boys to a night out.
As I have been driven to total complacency about Saints I quietly hoped Grimsby would do it.
You could tell they were up for it - charging down everything they could, lunging into tackles, throwing bodies at the ball, and trying their absolute hardest.
The fans were well up for it - well you would have to be - I know what the journey is like! You don't do that and sit quietly.
We just sat back and enjoyed their crowd, the noise, the fish - everything. I was even gutted (sorry - fish pun) when we thought we'd equalised. I was willing them on.

Maybe it was love for my boy, or maybe in part this is what being a Saints fan does to you these days. I can imagine how some of you may describe my 'support', but sport won last night, a dream for the minnows (pun intended). We left laughing.

The serious issue though, is that as a Saints fan (honest!) it is a telling time when so much money on the pitch and experience of playing in the premiership, can be beaten by a team that, attitude and effort aside, were far short of being able to score in open play or realistically expecting to beat us.
about last night on 18:31 - Mar 2 with 1282 viewsRon11

about last night on 12:15 - Mar 2 by SonicBoom

I don't understand why we didn't put out a better side. When you are struggling at the foot of the table surely putting out a decent side is a chance to get a win and score some goals. I would say that the boost we would get is worth the injury risk. We desperately needed a good result to boost confidence. Yet again we shot ourselves in the foot. Not only that, we have (yet again) been embarrassed by the scoreline.

Secondly our attacking play is ****. We love to pass it around the back four. Occasionally we pass into midfield, but then straight back again. Often our midfielders are unmarked but they just pass back the way they are facing, it doesn't occur to them to turn and make some yards.
As for near the box where to start? We don't get bodies in the box and we are so scared to take any sort of risk with the ball. It's almost as if we are so scared of giving it away, we won't try anything creative. And what happens? We pass the ball back into midfield - and as we aren't very good, sooner or later we give it away.
We must attack with some determination and conviction or we really are doomed.

Waht you just described is what we we were getting most of the time from Hassenhutl, and now, instead of changing that mindset Selles has just continued with it.
Jones just didn't have the management skills to change it either.
about last night on 18:43 - Mar 2 with 1252 viewsSouthamptonfan

about last night on 18:31 - Mar 2 by Ron11

Waht you just described is what we we were getting most of the time from Hassenhutl, and now, instead of changing that mindset Selles has just continued with it.
Jones just didn't have the management skills to change it either.

We were playing league 2 Grimsby. Whoever the manager is, why can't players on 10 times the wages of the opposition, just take control, pile forward and win the game? There is no excuse. This is all on the players. They should have won the game regardless. And again we missed sitters. What can the manager do? They miss because they are poor players. And they are also totally thick and stupid ( re. Caleta-car pushing a player in the back, in the penalty box, in the full view of the tv cameras and VAR cameras). No manager asks a player to do that. Certain players should be taking the blame for their stupidness and lack of application on the pitch.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

about last night on 09:18 - Mar 3 with 1035 viewsButty101

about last night on 09:58 - Mar 2 by DorsetIan

There was a Saints shout for a handball penalty in the second half when the Grimsby player's arm was up but the commentators said the ball came onto the hand 'too quickly'.

Looks like the ball came onto Lyanco's arm pretty quickly too - why does he not have the same defence?

And why doesn't VAR rule out their second penalty. That's not a foul anywhere else on the pitch, except maybe for the play acting.

VAR is so sh!t - four minutes for it to award the first penalty. And in any non-VAR league in the world Walcott was level.

Ive come to the conclusion the people on VAR duty listen to the commentators...

Ive watched that 2nd penalty and still cant comprehend how that was given.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

about last night on 09:48 - Mar 3 with 1014 viewsDorsetIan

about last night on 09:18 - Mar 3 by Butty101

Ive come to the conclusion the people on VAR duty listen to the commentators...

Ive watched that 2nd penalty and still cant comprehend how that was given.

Week after week it's the same. And it's been like this from the start.

VAR slows down the game, ruins the fan enjoyment and makes more stupid mistakes that the refs and linos did on their own.

I just can't see any point to it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

about last night on 10:07 - Mar 3 with 993 viewsBazza

about last night on 09:48 - Mar 3 by DorsetIan

Week after week it's the same. And it's been like this from the start.

VAR slows down the game, ruins the fan enjoyment and makes more stupid mistakes that the refs and linos did on their own.

I just can't see any point to it.

Don’t blame the VAR it’s a machine, blame the incompetent (hopefully not corrupt) officials and the confusing rules.
about last night on 10:52 - Mar 3 with 949 viewsdwayne_dibley

on the prospects for te rest of this season and the next:

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024