Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Russell Martin 21:47 - May 8 with 3772 viewspencoedjack

Been one of his biggest critics over the last few months but a great end to the season.

Hopefully learned from his mistakes & we push on for the play offs next season 👍
Well done Russell Martin on 21:54 - May 8 with 2552 viewsReslovenSwan1

We must remember Marrtin himself is developing as a coach and manager. He has had quite a lot to deal with what with awkward players. He is generally a safe pair of hands.

I believe the January window saw him having to adapt and find solutions form within the squad not by spending big cash in the window. He like me performs better when having his collar felt perhaps. The objective of being at Swansea is not a good "comfortable " life.

I have labelled him as a possible "mid table manager" and compared him to Tony Mowbray another who occupied mid table positions for many seasons but today sneaked into the play offs.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Well done Russell Martin on 21:55 - May 8 with 2553 viewsTreforys_Jack

We have missed the play offs by a whisker, Russ's fault in my opinion. Very slow to learn during that shocking 20 game run of a couple of wins in 20 odd games. Even today, we reverted to that stupid goal kick routine, it's like a circus
The last 8 or 9 games have been really enjoyable, shame the style wasn't adjusted a few games earlier.
Sorry to be negative but this squad could have got us back up.
Well done Russell Martin on 22:56 - May 8 with 2473 viewsDr_Winston

Well done Russell Martin on 21:55 - May 8 by Treforys_Jack

We have missed the play offs by a whisker, Russ's fault in my opinion. Very slow to learn during that shocking 20 game run of a couple of wins in 20 odd games. Even today, we reverted to that stupid goal kick routine, it's like a circus
The last 8 or 9 games have been really enjoyable, shame the style wasn't adjusted a few games earlier.
Sorry to be negative but this squad could have got us back up.

Six more points was all we needed in that run from Nov - Mar. Two wins. Looking at some of the games we lost or drew, that would have been utterly achievable if we'd ditched "The Process" sooner.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Well done Russell Martin on 23:23 - May 8 with 2437 viewsFireboy2

Well done Russell Martin on 22:56 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Six more points was all we needed in that run from Nov - Mar. Two wins. Looking at some of the games we lost or drew, that would have been utterly achievable if we'd ditched "The Process" sooner.

What about the games we won when we didn't deserve to win?

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
Well done Russell Martin on 23:34 - May 8 with 2407 viewsDr_Winston

Well done Russell Martin on 23:23 - May 8 by Fireboy2

What about the games we won when we didn't deserve to win?

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I can't think of many of those between November and March.

Can you?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Well done Russell Martin on 23:53 - May 8 with 2401 viewsFireboy2

Well done Russell Martin on 23:34 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

I can't think of many of those between November and March.

Can you?

Wigan at home, we could have drawn or lost, Coventry away, 3 nil down and came back to draw, that's just off of my head.
Well done Russell Martin on 00:07 - May 9 with 2384 viewsTreforys_Jack

4 more pts, I do get you saying, could of, should of, and didn't, but and its a big but, we genuinely would have picked up enough pts throughout the season if we'd ditched the process sooner. Surely no-one can argue against that. Can't help but feel we'll be weaker next season.
Well done Russell Martin on 04:02 - May 9 with 2332 viewsjackrmee

Well done Russell Martin on 00:07 - May 9 by Treforys_Jack

4 more pts, I do get you saying, could of, should of, and didn't, but and its a big but, we genuinely would have picked up enough pts throughout the season if we'd ditched the process sooner. Surely no-one can argue against that. Can't help but feel we'll be weaker next season.

Well we lost 10 points from conceding silly goals after the 90th minute.
Most from individual errors.
So if our matches finished on 90mins, or we cut out those unforced errors, we would be comfortably 4th in the league.
And that’s mainly with RM’s game and not switching.

He’s learning.
We have been better after the switch of formation, but I think we could make the playoffs simply with more experience playing his way, but with less hospital stuff around our box.

One thing shows now either way…Russel Martin does have a plan B.

I’m confident on playoffs next season, whatever shape he plays.
Just got to cut out those silly individual mistakes.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Russell Martin on 07:16 - May 9 with 2245 viewsDr_Winston

Well done Russell Martin on 04:02 - May 9 by jackrmee

So if our matches finished on 90mins, or we cut out those unforced errors, we would be comfortably 4th in the league.

He’s learning.
We have been better after the switch of formation, but I think we could make the playoffs simply with more experience playing his way, but with less hospital stuff around our box.

How many goals have we conceded as a result of "individual errors" since we went to four at the back?

Well done Russell Martin on 07:20 - May 9 with 2236 viewsDr_Winston

Well done Russell Martin on 23:53 - May 8 by Fireboy2

Wigan at home, we could have drawn or lost, Coventry away, 3 nil down and came back to draw, that's just off of my head.

We did draw at home to Wigan. Also Rotherham and lost to Birmingham.

Well done Russell Martin on 09:07 - May 9 with 2141 viewsheatwave

Fair play we've had a great end of season run.
When I see the chances we are still offering the opposition after two years of Martin's tenure.
I cannot see us finishing any higher in the league next year as let's be fair we will still give away points.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
Well done Russell Martin on 09:11 - May 9 with 2135 viewsonehunglow

Well done Russell Martin on 09:07 - May 9 by heatwave

Fair play we've had a great end of season run.
When I see the chances we are still offering the opposition after two years of Martin's tenure.
I cannot see us finishing any higher in the league next year as let's be fair we will still give away points.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Yesterday was our season in a nutshell
Brilliant going forward
Suicidal ,unnecessary defending
That simple

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Well done Russell Martin on 09:12 - May 9 with 2136 viewsRichardO

The goals conceded yesterday were from the same mistakes we have made all season and could have been more, the goals we scored were from our need to chase the game for a win which to be fair we did until the final whistle.
By chasing the game we started to get the ball in the danger areas quicker, so we stretched the game while biding our time defensively to ensure we didn't concede.
We needed the pace lacking all season up front which is why Naughton for brought on, allowing Latibeaudie to switch sides to let Mannings pace help on the counter attack getting us further up the pitch quicker resulting in forcing errors in their defensive setup.
So Martin's changes, while questioned at the time, did work out same as the Preston game.
Hopefully Martin run of form on getting descions right continues if he is still with us next year conversely hope he also can see the mistakes that have costed us this season.
Well done Russell Martin on 09:15 - May 9 with 2127 viewsonehunglow

Well done Russell Martin on 09:12 - May 9 by RichardO

The goals conceded yesterday were from the same mistakes we have made all season and could have been more, the goals we scored were from our need to chase the game for a win which to be fair we did until the final whistle.
By chasing the game we started to get the ball in the danger areas quicker, so we stretched the game while biding our time defensively to ensure we didn't concede.
We needed the pace lacking all season up front which is why Naughton for brought on, allowing Latibeaudie to switch sides to let Mannings pace help on the counter attack getting us further up the pitch quicker resulting in forcing errors in their defensive setup.
So Martin's changes, while questioned at the time, did work out same as the Preston game.
Hopefully Martin run of form on getting descions right continues if he is still with us next year conversely hope he also can see the mistakes that have costed us this season.

There is no need to bigger around at the back with such a weak keeper
It’s madness
Every comnentator opines thus

Well done Russell Martin on 09:17 - May 9 with 2122 viewsDr_Winston

Well done Russell Martin on 09:15 - May 9 by onehunglow

It’s madness

The only person who keeps banging on about Fisher is you.

Well done Russell Martin on 09:35 - May 9 with 2103 viewsRichardO

It’s madness

That Keeper kept us in the game at 2-2 ok the angle for the shot was tight but he positioned himself right and made the save. Wood got caught a little flat footed and made up ground forcing the attacker wide, mistake yes but it was only one mistake and not compounded by Fisher.
Mistakes are made or forced but with good play, setup and covering can sometimes be negated but too many at the same time are inexcusable.
Well done Russell Martin on 09:38 - May 9 with 2095 viewsonehunglow

Well done Russell Martin on 09:35 - May 9 by RichardO

That Keeper kept us in the game at 2-2 ok the angle for the shot was tight but he positioned himself right and made the save. Wood got caught a little flat footed and made up ground forcing the attacker wide, mistake yes but it was only one mistake and not compounded by Fisher.
Mistakes are made or forced but with good play, setup and covering can sometimes be negated but too many at the same time are inexcusable.

True but his lack of command is still killing us .
He is too placid .
My opinion ,of course.

Well done Russell Martin on 09:51 - May 9 with 2060 viewscontroversial_jack

Let's put this into perspective. It's been a very ordinary league. Very tight in the middle. We may be 10th and just 3 points outside the play offs, but we were 25 points behind automatic promotion. We have had a good run to end the season, but mediocrity and boredom has defined this season for me
Well done Russell Martin on 10:01 - May 9 with 2055 viewsWhiterockin

Well done Russell Martin on 09:51 - May 9 by controversial_jack

Let's put this into perspective. It's been a very ordinary league. Very tight in the middle. We may be 10th and just 3 points outside the play offs, but we were 25 points behind automatic promotion. We have had a good run to end the season, but mediocrity and boredom has defined this season for me

Its just a case of glass half full or a glass half empty. Those with a positive view will see things one way and ones with a negative will see it another.
Well done Russell Martin on 10:06 - May 9 with 2044 viewsonehunglow

Well done Russell Martin on 10:01 - May 9 by Whiterockin

Its just a case of glass half full or a glass half empty. Those with a positive view will see things one way and ones with a negative will see it another.

For every positive there needs to be a negative.
That is basic physics
A battery has both.
It’s how it works.
Too much positive gives a shock.

Glass half full is the single most trite phrase in the English language.

Well done Russell Martin on 10:10 - May 9 with 2043 viewsraynor94

Blackburn Millwall and West Brom, could all have said the same thing about the 6 points, we were not alone in throwing points away on bad runs

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Well done Russell Martin on 10:25 - May 9 with 2027 viewsWhiterockin

Well done Russell Martin on 10:06 - May 9 by onehunglow

For every positive there needs to be a negative.
That is basic physics
A battery has both.
It’s how it works.
Too much positive gives a shock.

Glass half full is the single most trite phrase in the English language.

It doesn't detract from my point though.
Well done Russell Martin on 10:28 - May 9 with 2023 viewsModeratorD

It’s madness

Fisher has not been to blame for defensive lapses during our recent good run.
He has grown in confidence and done well.
For example both goals yesterday were defender's errors, not Fisher ?
I agree I would prefer us to not play around at the back so much, but at least we are varying that during the game.
Onwards and upwards
Well done Russell Martin on 10:35 - May 9 with 2001 viewswhiterock

Well done Russell Martin on 04:02 - May 9 by jackrmee

He’s learning.

Like this post, we played them hospital passes again yesterday, everyone around me was screaming for us to get rid, why........ We all know we play that kind of football, if people want us to lump it then they are going to be disappointed, what happens is when we have cool heads on the pitch playing out from the back, the crowd get panicky and are calling our team all the winkers going, hardly a confidence booster.
Well done Russell Martin on 11:50 - May 9 with 1913 viewsKeithHaynes

The power of hindsight will be the thread of the summer.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024