Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Price 07:15 - May 11 with 1380 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Finally quits. The latest incompetent political leader to be found out. We need to stop being diverted by divisive nationalistic nonsense and focus on the incoherent policy decisions and pathetic public service delivery. It does not matter which part of the UK you live in.
Here in Wales the latest NHS performance figures are a resignation issue, but, not a word of apology let alone an intelligent response. Before anybody gets distracted by it is Westminster's fault or we have an aging population, the Senedd have had more than 20 years to get to grips with predictable demand. Instead millions upon millions are wasted on projects in the name of doing it different in Wales, projects that add no value to the general electorate.
Next time you vote, check who are you voting for and ask does this person really have a track record in making complex decisions and bringing about systemic improvements because we are getting fed nonsense by people who can not even run their own party to a decent standard.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Adam Price on 07:52 - May 11 with 1324 viewsraynor94

Karma for what he did to Leanne Wood

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Adam Price on 08:20 - May 11 with 1307 viewsunion_jack

Top class OP!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Adam Price on 09:22 - May 11 with 1270 viewsmajorraglan

I agree with many of the points you’re making, but we can’t simply airbrush out factors like a much larger older population and poverty. They are massive impact factors on the NHS and the cost implications of an older population is huge.
Adam Price on 10:19 - May 11 with 1254 viewsbuilthjack

Adam Price on 09:22 - May 11 by majorraglan

I agree with many of the points you’re making, but we can’t simply airbrush out factors like a much larger older population and poverty. They are massive impact factors on the NHS and the cost implications of an older population is huge.

A huge proportion of people living in my area and the surrounding towns and countryside have moved in from Southern England.
Sold properties for big money and bought for a third of the price here.
A huge strain and cost to Wales NHS.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Adam Price on 10:23 - May 11 with 1254 viewsBryanSwan

What is "divisive nationalistic nonsense"? I know there are obviously some extremes, as there are on both sides, but i would say that the vast majority to explore independence are quite normal people.
Disregarding factors which inhibit our provision of public sector services also isn't right. There are many challenges that are faced in Wales that are not matched by other UK countries.
But i would agree that even though i believe the Senedd not to receive adequate funding from Westminster, that they have been incompetent themselves.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Adam Price on 10:34 - May 11 with 1246 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Adam Price on 09:22 - May 11 by majorraglan

The demographic models for the UK identified the post war bulge in births that would lead to today's age profile in the 1960s and 70s. Absolute poverty rates are lower than in the post war era. We now define poverty based on the median income which is mathematically problematic as the proportion in poverty remains static.
What we see is decades of short term decision making by governments of all political persuasions being realised as a shortfall in service delivery.

Adam Price on 10:36 - May 11 with 1245 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Finally quits? He quit within a week or so of the news breaking and has done the right thing, unlike others I care not to mention. As for the NHS Mr Price has no control over its running in wales, those decisions are taken and made by Labour.
Adam Price on 10:44 - May 11 with 1235 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Adam Price on 10:23 - May 11 by BryanSwan

What is "divisive nationalistic nonsense"? I know there are obviously some extremes, as there are on both sides, but i would say that the vast majority to explore independence are quite normal people.
Disregarding factors which inhibit our provision of public sector services also isn't right. There are many challenges that are faced in Wales that are not matched by other UK countries.
But i would agree that even though i believe the Senedd not to receive adequate funding from Westminster, that they have been incompetent themselves.

Divisive nationalistic nonsense is best demonstrated by the policy decisions by the like if Sturgeon and Drakeford during the pandemic where it is clear that they were choosing policies without any specific evidence to back up their decisions in order that they could differentiate themselves.
You cannot make public policy on the basis that 'we do things differently here'. Public policy decisions have to address a fundamental why question. I for one as a tax payer are not happy to contribute to initiatives just to be different, I would like decisions to positively prioritise the lives of people. For example, I'd prefer to spend money on a few hundred NHS surgeons rather than subsidise an airport few people use.

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Price on 11:00 - May 11 with 1222 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Adam Price on 10:44 - May 11 by JACKMANANDBOY

Divisive nationalistic nonsense is best demonstrated by the policy decisions by the like if Sturgeon and Drakeford during the pandemic where it is clear that they were choosing policies without any specific evidence to back up their decisions in order that they could differentiate themselves.
You cannot make public policy on the basis that 'we do things differently here'. Public policy decisions have to address a fundamental why question. I for one as a tax payer are not happy to contribute to initiatives just to be different, I would like decisions to positively prioritise the lives of people. For example, I'd prefer to spend money on a few hundred NHS surgeons rather than subsidise an airport few people use.

Taking the pandemic as a example, I'm glad I was living in wales and not over the border, the confused rambling messages coming from our then prime minister were chaotic, and no I am not a Labour voter.
Adam Price on 12:12 - May 11 with 1199 viewsTogg

Adam Price on 10:19 - May 11 by builthjack

A huge proportion of people living in my area and the surrounding towns and countryside have moved in from Southern England.
Sold properties for big money and bought for a third of the price here.
A huge strain and cost to Wales NHS.

You could say the same for Devon and Cornwall
Adam Price on 12:18 - May 11 with 1193 viewsmajorraglan

Adam Price on 10:34 - May 11 by JACKMANANDBOY

The demographic models for the UK identified the post war bulge in births that would lead to today's age profile in the 1960s and 70s. Absolute poverty rates are lower than in the post war era. We now define poverty based on the median income which is mathematically problematic as the proportion in poverty remains static.
What we see is decades of short term decision making by governments of all political persuasions being realised as a shortfall in service delivery.

The demographic modelling would identify the trends, under the last Labour government we saw big real term increases in NHS spending. For the last 13 years we’ve had austerity and far more modest increases which haven’t on occasions even met inflation. Factor in an increasing age profile and the huge increase in population we’ve seen in the UK and it’s clear not enough had been invested in healthcare. On top of that we have the problems with social care.

We’ve been failed by many governments, but in terms of the NHS it’s primarily the blue party.
Adam Price on 12:20 - May 11 with 1191 viewsSullutaCreturned

Adam Price on 10:23 - May 11 by BryanSwan

Some of that nonsense involves a minority of people making hyperbolic claims about independence and the support for it.

Other nonsense is the wasting of tens of millions on thinsg that are less important than the NHS, schools and the economy.

The greatest nonsense is the refusal to improve infrastructure on the grounds of bad for the climate when without the economy improving Wales will slide further into poverty, everything will get worse and the young will abandon Wales turning us into a massive retirement home where those pesky "non Welsh" retirees will be able to afford going private so jump the NHS waiting lists and make the rest of us wait even longer.
Adam Price on 12:50 - May 11 with 1175 viewskrunchykarrot

Adam Price on 12:12 - May 11 by Togg

And all of the people who left because of Brexit.
Adam Price on 14:14 - May 11 with 1125 viewsBryanSwan

Adam Price on 12:20 - May 11 by SullutaCreturned

Some of that nonsense involves a minority of people making hyperbolic claims about independence and the support for it.

Other nonsense is the wasting of tens of millions on thinsg that are less important than the NHS, schools and the economy.

The greatest nonsense is the refusal to improve infrastructure on the grounds of bad for the climate when without the economy improving Wales will slide further into poverty, everything will get worse and the young will abandon Wales turning us into a massive retirement home where those pesky "non Welsh" retirees will be able to afford going private so jump the NHS waiting lists and make the rest of us wait even longer.

From polling it is anywhere from 20 to 30%, not anywhere near a majority but still a large amount of people. Thats just where it is, Plaid in my opinion are doing it some serious damage currently.

I do actually agree that our government need to manage their finances and allocate funds in a more appropriate manner.
Healthcare is a massive issue and in my opinion needs a hell of a lot of money thrown at it, but it seems there is no appetite for it as both Welsh and UK government are happy with a private model. Wales and England are most likely spending close to 100bn on HS2, what a waste.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Adam Price on 18:24 - May 11 with 1069 viewsKilkennyjack

Adam Price is not responsible for the performance of the NHS in Wales.

Are you getting mixed up with Professor Mark Drakeford perhaps ?

Beware of the Risen People

Adam Price on 18:27 - May 11 with 1066 viewsKilkennyjack

Adam Price on 10:44 - May 11 by JACKMANANDBOY

Are you getting mixed up with the unionist Boris Johnson and his toxic nationalistic Brexit…?

🇪🇺

Brexit will cost us 4% GDP.
Governments own figures.

We could have spent that money on the NHS.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 18:29]

Adam Price on 18:31 - May 11 with 1063 viewsKilkennyjack

Adam Price on 12:12 - May 11 by Togg

Yes its a terrible thing wherever.

Local people priced out and houses occupied for just 12 weeks of the year.
It creates ghost towns.

Enormous damage to local cultures.

Glad you agree.

Adam Price on 18:32 - May 11 with 1062 viewsKilkennyjack

Adam Price on 07:52 - May 11 by raynor94

Karma for what he did to Leanne Wood

I was thinking that …

Adam Price on 18:39 - May 11 with 1058 viewsKilkennyjack

Adam Price on 14:14 - May 11 by BryanSwan

From polling it is anywhere from 20 to 30%, not anywhere near a majority but still a large amount of people. Thats just where it is, Plaid in my opinion are doing it some serious damage currently.

I do actually agree that our government need to manage their finances and allocate funds in a more appropriate manner.
Healthcare is a massive issue and in my opinion needs a hell of a lot of money thrown at it, but it seems there is no appetite for it as both Welsh and UK government are happy with a private model. Wales and England are most likely spending close to 100bn on HS2, what a waste.

You are right on the NHS.
It needs investment.

Scotland owns the Crown Estate in Scotland, but Wales is denied this.
It matters due to the monies it could generate for Wales.

You can add HS2, and Cardiff Airport.
Fair price for Welsh Water.

Give Wales the tools and the people of Wales will get the job done.

Adam Price on 19:01 - May 11 with 1047 viewsTogg

Adam Price on 18:31 - May 11 by Kilkennyjack

Yes its a terrible thing wherever.

Local people priced out and houses occupied for just 12 weeks of the year.
It creates ghost towns.

Enormous damage to local cultures.

Glad you agree.

Personally I think Cornwalls got it the worst. Loads of Mockneys have bought up properties there. We visit a the Torquay area in South Devon a few times a year. Met quite a few retired Welsh .
Adam Price on 20:59 - May 11 with 1020 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Adam Price on 18:27 - May 11 by Kilkennyjack

Are you getting mixed up with the unionist Boris Johnson and his toxic nationalistic Brexit…?

🇪🇺

Brexit will cost us 4% GDP.
Governments own figures.

We could have spent that money on the NHS.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 18:29]

Yes I would include some Brexit messaging, it's all part of the same diversionary political approach.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024