Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A case for Jim 15:45 - May 12 with 2376 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/60224/a-case-for-jim

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
A case for Jim on 17:02 - May 12 with 2121 viewsBluebottle

A fair and balanced piece Atthepeake that everyone would benefit from reading before going off on one about how we are all doomed.

I must admit my heart sank a bit when I read about the appointment, but having had a while to take it in and mull it over I am feeling actually quite optimistic about Jim as our permanent boss now.

Did we really need someone coming in who knew nothing about the club and existing squad at a time when we are desperate for a bit of stability in the club we love?

Yes it may be the cheaper option, but it is also the sensible one. Jim can hit the ground running and start preparing for next season with a total understanding of who we are, what we've been through, the constraints, facilities and financial restraints he will be working under (investors incoming or not).

The decision has been made, we now all need to get behind Jim and give him the opportunity to prove he is up to the job.
A case for Jim on 18:04 - May 12 with 1976 viewsD_Alien

It's very simple - results

If he starts to get them - and i mean starts, because i'm not taking any of the games we've played with Jim in charge as significant indicators - then of course he'll get my backing

Not do, and we'll need to see him leave fairly earlyish. I'm not enamoured with his style but he's got chance to review and change the squad. To that end, an early decision by the board is welcome. What it also suggests is they think it's unlikely there will be new owners in the near future; appointing someone when new owners might want their own man wouldn't make any sense at all

Like every Dale manager (yes, Watson - Bentley included) i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's entirely up to Jim to make or break his own post-playing career. A few early goals conceded through arsing about from goalkicks and he's doomed. As i said, it's simple really

[Post edited 12 May 2023 18:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A case for Jim on 21:21 - May 12 with 1770 viewsNigelWatson

A case for Jim on 18:04 - May 12 by D_Alien

If he starts to get them - and i mean starts, because i'm not taking any of the games we've played with Jim in charge as significant indicators - then of course he'll get my backing

Not do, and we'll need to see him leave fairly earlyish. I'm not enamoured with his style but he's got chance to review and change the squad. To that end, an early decision by the board is welcome. What it also suggests is they think it's unlikely there will be new owners in the near future; appointing someone when new owners might want their own man wouldn't make any sense at all

Like every Dale manager (yes, Watson - Bentley included) i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's entirely up to Jim to make or break his own post-playing career. A few early goals conceded through arsing about from goalkicks and he's doomed. As i said, it's simple really

Gerrit forward

You aggressively backed Jim Bentley for the best part of a season

Still slagging off people who wanted Bentley gone in February 2023

Why?

Because he played your type of low-brow, gerrit forward, football

Why don't you go to Springfield Park and watch your type of football for free?

Gerrit forward
[Post edited 12 May 2023 21:26]
A case for Jim on 21:42 - May 12 with 1701 viewsD_Alien

A case for Jim on 21:21 - May 12 by NigelWatson

Gerrit forward

Why?

Gerrit forward

Christ, you're sad and very bitter

I really do pity you

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A case for Jim on 22:24 - May 12 with 1622 viewsrich_dale

A case for Jim on 18:04 - May 12 by D_Alien

Yes, however the recruitment goes in the summer it's going to be all about results and performances. If we go one nil down away to Wealdstone after 5 mins on the opening weekend due to overplaying in our own half a la Swindon in August in McNulty's first game of his first spell, the knives will already start getting sharpened.

We need to be robust in the first few games and impose ourselves on the league. We don't want to be in or near the bottom four by October, contemplating making a change and wondering why a 2 year contract was appropriate. It does feel like the players want to play for Jim though, he's very likeable but then so was BBM.
A case for Jim on 22:30 - May 12 with 1607 viewsEllDale

It’s not a matter so much of these players wanting to play for Jim because hopefully half of them will have left by July.
It’s how the players that he recruits perform for him that will make him or break him as a manager.
A case for Jim on 22:35 - May 12 with 1587 viewsSandyman

Gerrit forward

Why?

Gerrit forward

Big Jim does say "moving forward" often in his interview today
A case for Jim on 22:55 - May 12 with 1547 viewssxdale

Gerrit forward

Why?

Gerrit forward

If you're going to continue being a complete nob on this forum, then at least get it right.

It's Gerrit Forrad
Login to get fewer ads

A case for Jim on 23:50 - May 12 with 1484 views49thseason

Gerrit forward

Why?

Gerrit forward

Erm, just for your information, there hasnt been any football played in Springfield Park for the last 20 years....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024