Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1972-73 - Stan Bowles interview and match report - LBC Radio 10:40 - Aug 31 with 1443 viewsChrisGuy

Hi everyone,

I thought that you might enjoy this short video that I've just uploaded to the retroQPR YouTube channel.

It's an LBC radio report from February 1973 following our 5-0 win over Swindon Town in a Second Division match.

Stan Bowles had scored his first hat-trick for us earlier that afternoon and was interviewed by legendary journalist and broadcaster Norman De Mesquita after the game.

This clip also features a match report from LBC reporter and R's fan Michael Wale.

I've had this audio for a while so I'm glad to finally get it to to a wider audience and hear Stan on such great form on and off the pitch.

I hope you enjoy it.

Many thanks

Chris
1972-73 - Stan Bowles interview and match report - LBC Radio on 10:57 - Aug 31 with 1362 viewsted_hendrix

Sweet Jesus that brought back some bloody good memories.

Much as I loved watching Stan, Don Givens was an unsung hero and a brilliant player who never seemed to get a mention.

I was at Swindon behind the goal for the season opener 2-2 draw, I can remember It like It was yesterday.

Dear me we had fabulous players back then, we really did.

Anyway thanks for posting.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

1972-73 - Stan Bowles interview and match report - LBC Radio on 14:18 - Aug 31 with 1229 viewsterryb

1972-73 - Stan Bowles interview and match report - LBC Radio on 10:57 - Aug 31 by ted_hendrix

Sweet Jesus that brought back some bloody good memories.

Much as I loved watching Stan, Don Givens was an unsung hero and a brilliant player who never seemed to get a mention.

I was at Swindon behind the goal for the season opener 2-2 draw, I can remember It like It was yesterday.

Dear me we had fabulous players back then, we really did.

Anyway thanks for posting.

I was there as well Ted. John O'Rourke at centre forward & Don Givens making his debut, with Martyn Busby & Mick Leach scoring our goals.

It wasn't a bad side we had at the start of the season, but Stan & DT took it to another level when they signed.

The win at Fulham on a midwek night remains one of my most memorable away matches. Not just for the way we played & outclassing them, but most notably for the assault that Paul Went carried out on Martyn Busby. I will never forgive him!
1972-73 - Stan Bowles interview and match report - LBC Radio on 15:46 - Aug 31 with 1158 viewsqprmarkoct1966

I was also there , first away game , aged 14 , on the Supporters Coach. It was like a war zone behind the goal , with the end shared with the home fans and a line of police in between. Think we nicked a late equalizer in a 2 all draw. Great day out and the beginnings of a fantastic side and era.
1972-73 - Stan Bowles interview and match report - LBC Radio on 16:01 - Aug 31 with 1119 viewsflynnbo

1972-73 - Stan Bowles interview and match report - LBC Radio on 14:18 - Aug 31 by terryb

I was there as well Ted. John O'Rourke at centre forward & Don Givens making his debut, with Martyn Busby & Mick Leach scoring our goals.

It wasn't a bad side we had at the start of the season, but Stan & DT took it to another level when they signed.

The win at Fulham on a midwek night remains one of my most memorable away matches. Not just for the way we played & outclassing them, but most notably for the assault that Paul Went carried out on Martyn Busby. I will never forgive him!

Was there too. John O’Rourke was a hero of mine back then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024