Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You sell your best players 20:52 - Sep 17 with 2257 viewsswancity

And replace them with inferior, cheaper ones there’s only one outcome and that is you slide down league tables.

It’s so easy to blame a manager. I sense that he’s not the right fit at Swansea but there are far wider issues. This is a very different Swansea City sadly.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

You sell your best players on 17:27 - Sep 18 with 2083 viewsReslovenSwan1

Piroe and notionally Obafemi were better than ageing Ayew and Lowe. Wood was a lot better than an ageing Bennett. It can be done.

Replacing Piroe would be a big ask but £5m+ should get you a quality player. Cooper let Goykeres through his fingers by a not assessing his potential properly.

Watson has a good reputation. Some of these u25s should be good enough with nurturing.

Broome, Tymon, NJoe A One, Key, Kukharevich. (only Tymon is experienced) (5 players)

Azeem, Cotterill, Congreve. L Smith, Wison, Josh Thomas, Lissah and Lloyd are all playing well. (8 potential players)

Cabango, Wood, Darling Cooper O. and Cullen are all young and should be improving.

James, Byers, Benda, McBurnie came through as imports and Allen, Ben Davies, Roberts Rodon and Jazz as locals.

Duff has to play a version the Swansea way and use what he has. He has 17 permanent players he and his team have to bring through and develop. He h also has 3 good quality loans better than what the previous manager had.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 17:29]

Wise sage since Toshack era

You sell your best players on 17:32 - Sep 18 with 2079 viewsjack247

We’ve got a better squad than last season IMO,we’ve just got a worse manager.
You sell your best players on 17:44 - Sep 18 with 2065 viewsTreforys_Jack

You sell your best players on 17:32 - Sep 18 by jack247

Totally agree
You sell your best players on 17:48 - Sep 18 with 2058 viewsWhiterockin

This.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

You sell your best players on 17:52 - Sep 18 with 2048 viewsraynor94

100% agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

You sell your best players on 19:11 - Sep 18 with 1971 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin was mid table throughout his time and was given two years. He was has never
been sacked. Fans were demanding he be less idealistic and be more pragmatic. This is what Duff is doing.

Duff if he has players not giving 100% has the squad to make changes.

You sell your best players on 20:16 - Sep 18 with 1898 viewsjack247

You sell your best players on 19:11 - Sep 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin was mid table throughout his time and was given two years. He was has never
been sacked. Fans were demanding he be less idealistic and be more pragmatic. This is what Duff is doing.

Duff if he has players not giving 100% has the squad to make changes.

Nobody was demanding Martin do what Duff is doing.

It’s a huge leap from a more pragmatic version of his football to this. Plus we keep losing.
You sell your best players on 20:34 - Sep 18 with 1865 viewsQJumpingJack

We are playing QPR and Sheff Wed take on Middlesborough tomorrow night.

Maybe the style of football is put to one side for a couple of games as we attempt to get some wins on the board. The table could be very grim for us going into Millwall if we don't start winning over the next 5 days.
Login to get fewer ads

You sell your best players on 20:45 - Sep 18 with 1850 viewsjack247

You sell your best players on 20:34 - Sep 18 by QJumpingJack

We are playing QPR and Sheff Wed take on Middlesborough tomorrow night.

Maybe the style of football is put to one side for a couple of games as we attempt to get some wins on the board. The table could be very grim for us going into Millwall if we don't start winning over the next 5 days.

I’d happily accept that kind of football if we were winning.
You sell your best players on 20:47 - Sep 18 with 1849 viewslifelong

We may have got a better squad but we’ve lost 3 of out best players in Piroe, Ntcham and Manning.
You sell your best players on 21:21 - Sep 18 with 1805 viewsFireboy2

You sell your best players on 20:47 - Sep 18 by lifelong

We may have got a better squad but we’ve lost 3 of out best players in Piroe, Ntcham and Manning.

We have gone backwards in attack, losing ntcham and especially piroe has left a massive hole that we haven't replaced, surely duff has a plan to score goals.

Pne are average, after watching us against them, once they got ahead they battened down the hatches and apart from a couple of close chances we never looked like scoring, we looked good in defence on Saturday, it's the attack that need sorting, hopefully we will throw the shackles off starting with tomorrow and take onto Saturday, the positive person in me says we have the players to do it I just hope that duff can get us onto the front foot 🙏
You sell your best players on 07:52 - Sep 19 with 1653 viewsAnotherJohn

There are empiricists and then there are dreamers. The proof of whether the squad is stronger doesn't come from theorising about whether a so-far unproven X is better than Y, but from results on the field. Will so many still be saying we had a better squad (and worse manager) if we are relegated? I think it just reflects wishful thinking.
You sell your best players on 08:10 - Sep 19 with 1636 viewsWhiterockin

You sell your best players on 07:52 - Sep 19 by AnotherJohn

There are empiricists and then there are dreamers. The proof of whether the squad is stronger doesn't come from theorising about whether a so-far unproven X is better than Y, but from results on the field. Will so many still be saying we had a better squad (and worse manager) if we are relegated? I think it just reflects wishful thinking.

Duff will not be here long enough to get us relegated. Either he turns it around or he will be gone.

You sell your best players on 08:42 - Sep 19 with 1613 viewsAnotherJohn

You sell your best players on 08:10 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Duff will not be here long enough to get us relegated. Either he turns it around or he will be gone.

Well, if the manager is indeed the main problem that could be the case, but if I am right about the squad then the January window is going to be very important. I think appointing Duff was a mistake, but I agree with the opening poster that the problem is wider.
You sell your best players on 15:29 - Sep 19 with 1508 viewsjack247

You sell your best players on 20:47 - Sep 18 by lifelong

I know.

Don’t forget Piroe was anonymous in the games he had under Duff. Would Manning and Ntcham been as good as they were last season in this system? Hypothetical.
You sell your best players on 17:24 - Sep 19 with 1458 viewsswancity

Piroe
Manning
Ntcham
Whittaker
Latibeaudiere
Benda
Obafemi

From last season would all of course improve this seasons squad which means we are weaker in terms of the quality of our players. You cannot sell a 20 goal a season striker for £12m and expect to do well without reinvesting a large chunk of that.

I’m also not convinced that the manager is the right fit. The body language from Matt Grimes at Cardiff was significant I thought. Time will tell but at this rate Duff could be gone in weeks.

You sell your best players on 18:33 - Sep 19 with 1415 viewsshingle

Oh stop it take away what Piroe give us and we would have been in two relegation battles lol
You sell your best players on 19:02 - Sep 19 with 1402 viewsjack247

You sell your best players on 17:24 - Sep 19 by swancity

Piroe
Manning
Ntcham
Whittaker
Latibeaudiere
Benda
Obafemi

From last season would all of course improve this seasons squad which means we are weaker in terms of the quality of our players. You cannot sell a 20 goal a season striker for £12m and expect to do well without reinvesting a large chunk of that.

I’m also not convinced that the manager is the right fit. The body language from Matt Grimes at Cardiff was significant I thought. Time will tell but at this rate Duff could be gone in weeks.

Piroe, Manning and Ntcham would without doubt. There is doubt as to whether they would have looked as good under Duff. Piroe certainly didn’t.

Key, Patino, Ginelly, Yates, Rushworth and Lowe would all have improved last seasons squad. Not convinced on Ashby yet and haven’t seen enough of Kukharevych. Or obviously the other three deadline day signings.

Whittaker and Latibaudiere wouldn’t have got near this team. Benda and Obafemi, for different reasons, were unavailable for large parts of last season.

I’m not praising Russell Martin here by the way, I’m criticising Michael Duff.
You sell your best players on 01:09 - Sep 20 with 1291 viewsReslovenSwan1

You sell your best players on 17:24 - Sep 19 by swancity

Piroe
Manning
Ntcham
Whittaker
Latibeaudiere
Benda
Obafemi

Offers were made to Piroe, Manning and Latibeaudiere and the offers were generous.

Ntcham wanted to leave and downed tools to force his departure, The club were quite happy to see him go as he was running down his deal and a decent fee was paid.

Obafemi was just high maintenance and the club were happy to see the back of him. He has not been good enough either for Burnley and not played at all this season.

Benda was pretty d good but not rated by Margetson who has replaced him with better and seen £1m coming into the club. (Broome).

Whittaker was never happy at Swansea and did not impress any of Cooper Martin or Duff. He was not in the first 11 this evening.

Duff will not be going in my opinion. Paul Clement was the last man sacked.

You sell your best players on 06:21 - Sep 20 with 1223 viewsWhiterockin

On Whittaker I will just add that he has not been playing as well this season and scored only once. Last night he was benched and came on halftime. Possibly his previous managers were right about him.

You sell your best players on 08:59 - Sep 20 with 1164 viewsjack247

You sell your best players on 06:21 - Sep 20 by Whiterockin

On Whittaker I will just add that he has not been playing as well this season and scored only once. Last night he was benched and came on halftime. Possibly his previous managers were right about him.

His application was awful. Possibly due to a fallout with Martin or the board, but not professional enough to leave that aside when he was on the pitch.

I don’t know if he is like that at Plymouth where he feels valued.

Talented player from the few cameos I saw of him.
You sell your best players on 18:04 - Sep 20 with 1069 viewsswancity

You sell your best players on 01:09 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Offers were made to Piroe, Manning and Latibeaudiere and the offers were generous.

Ntcham wanted to leave and downed tools to force his departure, The club were quite happy to see him go as he was running down his deal and a decent fee was paid.

Obafemi was just high maintenance and the club were happy to see the back of him. He has not been good enough either for Burnley and not played at all this season.

Benda was pretty d good but not rated by Margetson who has replaced him with better and seen £1m coming into the club. (Broome).

Whittaker was never happy at Swansea and did not impress any of Cooper Martin or Duff. He was not in the first 11 this evening.

Duff will not be going in my opinion. Paul Clement was the last man sacked.

I think you’ve missed the main point which is that our club are now a selling club, cashing in constantly on prize assets and not replacing them with the same quality. Cheaper versions. When that happens over a period of time it spells disaster. You need to show ambition and of course take some chances. Within reason.

You sell your best players on 18:51 - Sep 20 with 1034 viewsmax936

You sell your best players on 18:04 - Sep 20 by swancity

I think you’ve missed the main point which is that our club are now a selling club, cashing in constantly on prize assets and not replacing them with the same quality. Cheaper versions. When that happens over a period of time it spells disaster. You need to show ambition and of course take some chances. Within reason.

"I think you’ve missed the main point"

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024