Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you choose - great tactical manager or great striker 15:15 - Oct 26 with 1400 viewsOakR

It appears we currently have neither.

However it did occur to me that there was a period when Warburton was in charge, with Dykes as our main striker, when we were struggling (not to this extent of course), but some wanted him gone. Anyway, we signed Austin and suddenly all was well with the world again.

Obviously you want both, but if we can only have one, what would you choose / which would do better? I suspect FFP, lack of finances / scouting means we can only opt for option b whatever we want, best case, and we may not get that.

a) So same manager with a lethal, maybe speedy striker or

b) Same team, with a tactical genius in charge.

Poll: Will we stay up?

What would you choose - great tactical manager or great striker on 15:22 - Oct 26 with 1369 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great question!!

B, I think. A great manager can oversome so much by chnaging style, formation etc.

A great striker if you can't get the ball to him is like a good horse in a stable.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What would you choose - great tactical manager or great striker on 15:25 - Oct 26 with 1342 viewsaston_hoop

B all day long. Systems score you goals. If we could get a coach in who could get 10+ goals out of a few of our players by setting us up to play the right way, we'd be in a much better position than having a Mitrovic type and no service.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

What would you choose - great tactical manager or great striker on 17:14 - Oct 26 with 1216 viewsOakR

I think you are both right, I would go with B also. Let's hope we get it right.

We have missed a few sitters though, which can obviously change games, and then confidence and general atmosphere if a few losses are changed into draws, draws into wins etc. Not sure we would have kept Warburton on if Austin had not been signed (though there is no comparison to today's team / style of play).

Poll: Will we stay up?

What would you choose - great tactical manager or great striker on 17:21 - Oct 26 with 1194 viewsMonkey_Roots

Blimey, probably A, for me – I still don't know where the goals are going to come from if B happens.

Mind you, If B happens to be Scottish, then A might magically work itself out.
What would you choose - great tactical manager or great striker on 18:06 - Oct 26 with 1122 viewsstinkydad

Has to be B

Knowing us, our world-beating striker would be side-lined for 6 months following his second appearance.
What would you choose - great tactical manager or great striker on 18:23 - Oct 26 with 1083 viewsHAYESBOY

B.

You could have a world class striker, but unless he gets service, he's not going to score much.
A manager can sort the whole team out. Get us hard to beat again. Get us to control games with some possession of the ball. Its a team game.
We don't look like a team at the moment.

Smells like a trout farm in here

What would you choose - great tactical manager or great striker on 18:49 - Oct 26 with 1056 viewsHoopsie

No brainer, B - we need a tactically sound manager, nevermind a genius

Our top scorer is our left back, and second a midfielder, so we don’t really need A, do we?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 18:57]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024