Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? 11:27 - Dec 1 with 10378 viewsKeithHaynes

Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ?,

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:04 - Dec 3 with 1463 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:00 - Dec 3 by dobjack2

I think the manager is an issue but is part of a bigger issue created by the owners.

Before the season started I believe that the owners decided to change everything. I think that they saw how Luton got promoted on a shoestring budget and decided that was the way to go. They got in the man they believed was responsible for Luton's transfer policy and I suspect that he influenced the appointment of a manager to play winning football with the type of players he was going to bring in.

Fast forward 19 games and it is becoming clearer that the transfer window was a disaster. In my opinion Yates needs a big man to play off and the one we signed is injury prone and has hardly been seen. We signed 3 more left backs and have had our right back playing there at times with a centre half at right back. I suspect that Patino doesn't fit in with what the manager wants hence he doesn't get game time. I can see him being recalled. We didn't sign the right players and need to rectify that in the next window otherwise we will be in serious trouble.

Our home form is poor and not entertaining. Fans are voting with their feet. We are too easy to play against, slow, lacking confidence and leadership on the pitch. Injuries haven't helped but I suspect that this squad isn't able to play the way that Duff wants. However at times it looks like players don't believe in what Duff wants them to do which is another concern.

I think Duff needs to go as he is not making the team better than the sum of the individual parts. Another manager with a similar philosophy may be able to organise us better but whether Duff goes or not, we need some quality additions in the January window not numbers.

Big decisions coming up for people who don't have any experience of championship level football and are presumably being paid very well for their roles.

A superb post 👏

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:07 - Dec 3 with 1448 viewsAndyconky

Definitely needs to go. In no way is he a fit for the club. But change is definitely needed at boardroom level

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:47 - Dec 3 with 1391 viewsBryanSwan

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:52 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

Not surely ,surely.
Can’t afford to ,innit.

I suppose he wouldn't need to pack much either since he never moved down here haha.
Lets go continental for the next manager please.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:49 - Dec 3 with 1386 viewsdobjack2

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:47 - Dec 3 by BryanSwan

I suppose he wouldn't need to pack much either since he never moved down here haha.
Lets go continental for the next manager please.

We need to act quickly - Nathan Jones has been interviewed by Rotherham😱
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:53 - Dec 3 with 1383 viewsBryanSwan

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:49 - Dec 3 by dobjack2

We need to act quickly - Nathan Jones has been interviewed by Rotherham😱

Jesus i hope he gets the job, couldn't think of a worse appointment for us.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 12:43 - Dec 3 with 1342 viewsdobjack2

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:53 - Dec 3 by BryanSwan

I agree. However, he fits with what I suspect the owners want rather than what fans want if they are seriously considering replacing Duff.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 12:52 - Dec 3 with 1328 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 12:43 - Dec 3 by dobjack2

I agree. However, he fits with what I suspect the owners want rather than what fans want if they are seriously considering replacing Duff.

Which begs the question,what do they want .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 12:52 - Dec 3 with 1333 viewsjack247

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 12:43 - Dec 3 by dobjack2

And this is the reason I’m just about in the ‘Duff in’ camp at the moment. I don’t think he deserves it, but I’m worried about who we’d appoint next.
Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 13:59 - Dec 3 with 1277 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 12:52 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

Which begs the question,what do they want .

In all honesty, they haven’t a clue.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:02 - Dec 3 with 1261 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 12:52 - Dec 3 by jack247

And this is the reason I’m just about in the ‘Duff in’ camp at the moment. I don’t think he deserves it, but I’m worried about who we’d appoint next.

I wanted him to do well so much after Russ .
He’s disappointed me as he doesn’t exude joy or enthusiasm.
I do think RM s legacy is not that as some see it. Players performing as they are now, did so under Martin and they are on default . Witness the captain,stroll forward ,get in a good shooting position then freeze and knock it sideways . Often he loses it and we get caught on the break.
We still do it and duff hasn’t stopped this .
I too worry over who these clowns would appoint in his place

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:39 - Dec 3 with 1214 viewslifelong

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:02 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

I do think RM s legacy is not that as some see it. Players performing as they are now, did so under Martin and they are on default . Witness the captain,stroll forward ,get in a good shooting position then freeze and knock it sideways . Often he loses it and we get caught on the break.

You wanted the Americans here and you wanted Martin out, both of your wishes were granted and look at the state we are in.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:41 - Dec 3 with 1209 viewsjack247

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:02 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

Personalities get magnified when results are going badly. Martin was seen as slick, Duff is dour and gruff, much like Cooper. Both traits seen negatively. If we were playing competitive, attractive football , no one would care how they come across. Rodgers was quite similar to Martin in that regard, but he backed it up on the pitch.

Grimes will look like that if we’re either playing slow, possession at all costs football like we used to, or if opponents put everyone behind the ball like Huddersfield did yesterday. He’s much better when we’re counterattacking and players are making runs for him. He’s definitely got a lapse of concentration in him. We’ve seen plenty of sloppy passes that should have been routine leading to chances like the one they scored from.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:53 - Dec 3 with 1192 viewshobo

He's been a downgrade on Martin. Will the next guy be a downgrade on Duff?
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:57 - Dec 3 with 1178 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:41 - Dec 3 by jack247

Personalities get magnified when results are going badly. Martin was seen as slick, Duff is dour and gruff, much like Cooper. Both traits seen negatively. If we were playing competitive, attractive football , no one would care how they come across. Rodgers was quite similar to Martin in that regard, but he backed it up on the pitch.

Grimes will look like that if we’re either playing slow, possession at all costs football like we used to, or if opponents put everyone behind the ball like Huddersfield did yesterday. He’s much better when we’re counterattacking and players are making runs for him. He’s definitely got a lapse of concentration in him. We’ve seen plenty of sloppy passes that should have been routine leading to chances like the one they scored from.

In fairness,great posting

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 16:06 - Dec 3 with 1138 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:53 - Dec 3 by hobo

He's been a downgrade on Martin. Will the next guy be a downgrade on Duff?

If they get rid now it will cost them a million plus, then more money to get another head coach plus staff in.

He’s going nowhere.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:25 - Dec 3 with 981 viewsReslovenSwan1

Duff has a dog to control which has bark but no teeth. The Cullen explosion has not happened and probably never will. Yates is not the answer. Pato is creative playing well but lightweight overall. Lowe is a winger.

Even in a few cameo Bolasie has shown what a difference a powerful runner can make. Duff could fly if provided with two powerful forwards. Cardiff signed Kabba and Philogene and it changed their season and saved them from the drop. £5m ought to do it.

Wise sage since Toshack era

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:30 - Dec 3 with 968 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:25 - Dec 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Duff has a dog to control which has bark but no teeth. The Cullen explosion has not happened and probably never will. Yates is not the answer. Pato is creative playing well but lightweight overall. Lowe is a winger.

Even in a few cameo Bolasie has shown what a difference a powerful runner can make. Duff could fly if provided with two powerful forwards. Cardiff signed Kabba and Philogene and it changed their season and saved them from the drop. £5m ought to do it.

In your last sentence, therein lies the problem maybe.

Will they back him or force him out of the door?

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 22:15 - Dec 3 with 909 viewsModeratorD

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:25 - Dec 3 by ReslovenSwan1

May as well be £50 million
Wont happen.
The owners aren't interested sadly
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 22:33 - Dec 3 with 883 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 20:30 - Dec 3 by union_jack

In your last sentence, therein lies the problem maybe.

Will they back him or force him out of the door?

Not as if that hasn’t happened before.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 22:41 - Dec 3 with 875 viewsReslovenSwan1

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 22:33 - Dec 3 by KeithHaynes

Not as if that hasn’t happened before.

Coleman and Watson have talked the talk. Coleman is walking the streets of the Mumbles. He has made pledges talking about a seriously beefed up recruitment team with vague aspirations of being Brighton and Brentford with the radar set for well beyond Exeter in the south and Middlesborough in the north. The loan box is full.

Tymon and Perseon are not it. Ntjoe cannot even come on when Ashby got injured. He an Kukharevich are apparently for the future.

This is a new dawn with Coleman answereable.

Wise sage since Toshack era

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:04 - Dec 4 with 766 viewsQJumpingJack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 22:41 - Dec 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Coleman and Watson have talked the talk. Coleman is walking the streets of the Mumbles. He has made pledges talking about a seriously beefed up recruitment team with vague aspirations of being Brighton and Brentford with the radar set for well beyond Exeter in the south and Middlesborough in the north. The loan box is full.

Tymon and Perseon are not it. Ntjoe cannot even come on when Ashby got injured. He an Kukharevich are apparently for the future.

This is a new dawn with Coleman answereable.

A prediction (and I am not in the know):

Coleman, Gude and Watson will leave before Duff.
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:24 - Dec 4 with 749 viewsangryjack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:53 - Dec 3 by BryanSwan

Yes but who are Rotherham playing this week,and who does he always beat
⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:26 - Dec 4 with 746 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 14:39 - Dec 3 by lifelong

You wanted the Americans here and you wanted Martin out, both of your wishes were granted and look at the state we are in.

“You” .
Another personal attack.
No need.
You are correct however in the content. It’s just the insulting garbage we don’t need.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 10:53 - Dec 4 with 698 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 09:24 - Dec 4 by angryjack

Yes but who are Rotherham playing this week,and who does he always beat

You’re right. If anyone held the Indian sign over us.

⚽️ Should the Swans stick with Michael Duff ? on 11:44 - Dec 4 with 671 viewsRichardO

I've said Duff needs time but not if the current run of form and style of play which has reverted back to Martin's slow ineffectual keep ball that collapses at the first sign of pressure being applied continues.
We have seen at home at least two games which by any standard of football team in this division we should have won against Watford and Huddersfield.
In the same way as Martin last year Duff had stumbled upon a team that got results but a combination of over thinking the game firstly against Leicester and injuries has led to a string of bad performances, ok we could give Duff some slack given the number of injures we have had this year and he seems to want protect players and not rush them back into the team whether it be youngsters to get their heads right or injured players but we have lost that balance in the middle of the park between attack and defence and where is the solid platform of four at the back which didn't need midfielders to come to the rescue to play a pointless two yard pass.
If you look back over the Championship years we have really
been unable to get the balance right in the middle of the park which has been unable linked the defence and attack making us effective at both at the same time.
Player have come and gone but in the need to balance the books the players who may have aided that balance have come and gone not allowing us to build a viable team,
Must say we do seem to help our managers to go on to bigger things though, come to Swansea and learn your trade.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 12:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024