Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys... where will they end up? 13:29 - Jan 15 with 4634 viewsDoubeDoube

Gnoll is dilapidated and would need to start from scratch, pitch and surrounds also massive issue with parking.
St Helens has a great surface but there is the cricket issue plus parking etc. Can field be moved or re sited on the ground and build around that? Parking is also an issue...

Brewery Field, as far as i am aware the Ospreys own it, already has some of the infrastructure required but it is not in Swansea or Neath.

Or do they go from scratch?

Any suggestions?
[Post edited 15 Jan 13:30]
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 14:33 - Jan 15 with 3885 viewsWhiterockin

Either a developed Gnoll or a new ground in a sports village at Baglan. Depending how the funding talks go with Neath Port Talbot Council and with the University for the second.

How much notice do they need to give to leave their current stadium.
[Post edited 15 Jan 14:44]
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 14:52 - Jan 15 with 3859 viewsDoubeDoube

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 14:33 - Jan 15 by Whiterockin

Either a developed Gnoll or a new ground in a sports village at Baglan. Depending how the funding talks go with Neath Port Talbot Council and with the University for the second.

interesting... Gnoll surely a non starter? Not sure re notice but there are enough grounds where they can get by for a season or two i would think.

[Post edited 15 Jan 14:59]
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 15:06 - Jan 15 with 3825 viewsAnotherJohn

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 14:33 - Jan 15 by Whiterockin

I suppose that St Helens is probably out of the running because of the cricket angle, but it is a pity that the old ground cannot be redeveloped. As far as I can see, St Helens once had the largest capacity of any Swansea stadium, and the parking could be worse with the Rec, the public car park behind the Pub on the Pond, and the Sketty Lane car parks all potentially available. If the university wanted to make a bit of money at weekends there are also large parks there.
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 15:29 - Jan 15 with 3802 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 15:06 - Jan 15 by AnotherJohn

I suppose that St Helens is probably out of the running because of the cricket angle, but it is a pity that the old ground cannot be redeveloped. As far as I can see, St Helens once had the largest capacity of any Swansea stadium, and the parking could be worse with the Rec, the public car park behind the Pub on the Pond, and the Sketty Lane car parks all potentially available. If the university wanted to make a bit of money at weekends there are also large parks there.

Imo they won't want a large capacity 8-10,000 would be ample. Again only in my opinion Neath Port Talbot want it more than Swansea.
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 16:32 - Jan 15 with 3736 viewsmax936

Llandarcy has got to be favourite they train there their gym is there, 8-10,000 stadium can be built next to M4.

Parking could be be sorted there as well with some jigging around, with that Health fitness club alongside where the ground could be build, a watering hole could be an issue though with only the Harvester near the facility.
[Post edited 15 Jan 16:35]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 16:53 - Jan 15 with 3709 viewsKeithHaynes

Ospreys should end up the same as most clubs in sport who only get a few thousand spectators. With half the ground roped off and a small stand and hot dog van.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 17:04 - Jan 15 with 3680 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 16:32 - Jan 15 by max936

Llandarcy has got to be favourite they train there their gym is there, 8-10,000 stadium can be built next to M4.

Parking could be be sorted there as well with some jigging around, with that Health fitness club alongside where the ground could be build, a watering hole could be an issue though with only the Harvester near the facility.
[Post edited 15 Jan 16:35]

They could put up a large marquee, get a beer license and away to go, a ground around 7000 should be plenty but design it so its easy to expand should they ever need it.

I still say they'd be better off scrapping the regions and putting the clubs back where they belong. The Whites AND Neath used to get bigger crowds than the Ospreys get, then there's Bridgend.

The WRU have really screwed up and are killing Welsh rugby, the national team will suffer now too.
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 17:23 - Jan 15 with 3659 viewsPlankton

Mynydd Newydd
Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 18:08 - Jan 15 with 3624 viewsAndyconky

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 17:23 - Jan 15 by Plankton

Mynydd Newydd

St Helens all day long for me. I think having lots of options for places to frequent pre match is a big pull for a rugby fan. Just look at the Arms Park. Whilst out-of-town stadiums seem popular I just feel they wouldn't prove successful over time. Whereas St Helens has loads of pubs, near the beach and I'm sure they can resite the pitch. The Barbarians game recently prove there is the appetite

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 18:47 - Jan 15 with 3602 viewsAnotherJohn

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 18:08 - Jan 15 by Andyconky

St Helens all day long for me. I think having lots of options for places to frequent pre match is a big pull for a rugby fan. Just look at the Arms Park. Whilst out-of-town stadiums seem popular I just feel they wouldn't prove successful over time. Whereas St Helens has loads of pubs, near the beach and I'm sure they can resite the pitch. The Barbarians game recently prove there is the appetite

Something in that. Sadly the Cricketers is student accommodation now, but there are other options, including the Secret Beach Bar across the main road.
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 18:51 - Jan 15 with 3596 viewsmax936

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 18:47 - Jan 15 by AnotherJohn

Something in that. Sadly the Cricketers is student accommodation now, but there are other options, including the Secret Beach Bar across the main road.

Secret Beach Bar you say, need a mortgage to have half a dozen beers in there.

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 19:10 - Jan 15 with 3571 viewsAndyconky

You've also got the Mill, Westbourne, Bryn Y Mornplus afew restaurant/bars within 5/10 minutes away. I just feel it will be massively popular. Would also help if fixture at regular times so supporters create habits

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 19:31 - Jan 15 with 3555 viewsRobbie

Gnoll has the main train link if used properly and utilised by the Supporters .

No Parking issues a Post Match pint and safe trip home , of course parking would nave to be made available for the less mobile amongst us , designated parking in Neath CC .
Sure there is a multi storey car park close by The Gnoll .

St Helens for all my past memories , is so far out of Town , traffic is chaotic on Mumbles Road , a car will be a necessary travel plan . parking troubles follow. Park in the Rec , exit and wish to travel to West Cross /Gower , straight into a turn left one way system , never to be seen again , lost in a traffic light nightmare horror film scene .
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 20:09 - Jan 15 with 3516 viewsmajorraglan

While there may be land and convenient access via roads, I don’t think Baglan is the answer as there is nothing much in pub wise etc in any reasonable distance which may well detract from the overall supporter experience. It could work out well though for the corporate stuff on match days and on non match days. The latter could impact on the Swans corporate stuff, conferencing etc etc.

The Gnoll is very tired any redevelopment plans are likely to require a travel strategy, the positives are a train and bus station, but there is very little parking in the town which could easily be swamped. This could cause grief with the business community. Positives include pubs etc.

Aberavon is also tired, there’s a huge bank which could be developed, but it’s penned in by houses. It also has a railway and bus station, but car parking is an issue. Positives- there are pubs etc. decent location for the corporate stuff straight off the M4.

Bridgend, railway hub, reasonably close to town but it’s a long way from the traditional supporter base in the Swansea, Neath Port Talbot area. Parking isn’t great.

Swansea, poor public transport access and the seafront road with all its traffic lights is a nightmare. There is parking and there is also access to pubs etc.

I think a new build ground somewhere in the east of Swansea is way forward, maybe down the SA1 area? If Parc Tawe went bust it would be ideal.
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 08:39 - Jan 16 with 3385 viewsKilkennyjack

The will go to the Gnoll.
They will access funding.
It will create a good hostile atmosphere.

St Helens is worth too much for future development options.
Just a guess mind ….

Beware of the Risen People

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 09:12 - Jan 16 with 3381 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 18:47 - Jan 15 by AnotherJohn

The Cricketers !
My God taken me back
Students always used to spend a few shillings per evening there over a drink .
Just an iconic place for me ,as was the Brockley next door

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 13:08 - Jan 29 with 2937 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys new site confirmed.

https://nation.cymru/news/green-man-spin-off-falls-apart-with-welsh-government-l
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 14:48 - Jan 29 with 2828 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 13:08 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

Ospreys new site confirmed.

https://nation.cymru/news/green-man-spin-off-falls-apart-with-welsh-government-l

WAG bought the site that on paper never looked a good idea. It however stopped the "green man" festival going somewhere else.

Simple maths says the WAG bought it for £4.25m secure the venue for the festival which seen £10m coming into the local area every year for the event it was not a disastrous call. In theory w the local benefits were good plus there was a lease fee for the festival.

Now with the ospreys coming WAG owns the site where it breeds. It better take care of them. You have to say that was lucky and unlucky at the same time. Presumably they can lease the farmland to farmer on the basis of green farming techniques with the care of the breeding pair in mind.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 14:52 - Jan 29 with 2824 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ospreys problem is not the stadium and the atmosphere but the terrible rugby being played. In the time of Shane Byrne Henson Phillips Marshall Tiatia and co I went fairly often,

The scavenger playing style of grunt and grind and playing off mistake turned me off from rugby and I have not seen them since. The Scottish and Irish teams were clearly better coached thant the Welsh regions and more likely to play an open style of rugby.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 15:00 - Jan 29 with 2818 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

On the Senedd Farm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-68128437

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 15:14 - Jan 29 with 2798 viewsbuilthjack

The ospey pair, according to some locals, were brought in.
Political apparently.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 18:40 - Jan 29 with 2729 viewsmax936

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 15:14 - Jan 29 by builthjack

The ospey pair, according to some locals, were brought in.
Political apparently.

Either Im going daft or there's a few on here who daft or dafter, bloody birds

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 19:22 - Jan 29 with 2699 viewsbuilthjack

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 18:40 - Jan 29 by max936

Either Im going daft or there's a few on here who daft or dafter, bloody birds

They were brought there to breed last spring, a few man made nests appeared.
Paid for by a few local Tories.
To scupper the Green Man Festival.
A big loss to the village shop and the pubs, and the wider community.
I am in Talybont most weeks.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 19:39 - Jan 29 with 2694 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 19:22 - Jan 29 by builthjack

Bloody tories messing everything up again by encouraging conservation.
Ospreys... where will they end up? on 19:53 - Jan 29 with 2676 viewsmax936

Ospreys... where will they end up? on 19:22 - Jan 29 by builthjack

Do they play Rugby, start another thread about ew feathered friends, mun

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024