Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Duff ... 12:25 - Feb 4 with 1892 viewstheloneranger

Michael Duff is in talks to become the next Huddersfield manager.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Michael Duff ... on 12:31 - Feb 4 with 1875 viewsswan65split

Hell of a daily trip from Cheltenham!
Michael Duff ... on 19:59 - Feb 4 with 1656 viewsDr_Winston

Good luck to him.

Didn't work out for him here, but I for one have no hard feelings towards him. Other people who don't like being told the truth might.

Personally I'd give him extra credit for fronting up to the East when we lost when his predecessor would have been off down the tunnel like a shot.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Duff ... on 20:19 - Feb 4 with 1628 viewsKeithHaynes

Michael Duff ... on 19:59 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Good luck to him.

Didn't work out for him here, but I for one have no hard feelings towards him. Other people who don't like being told the truth might.

Personally I'd give him extra credit for fronting up to the East when we lost when his predecessor would have been off down the tunnel like a shot.

Any opportunity 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Michael Duff ... on 20:28 - Feb 4 with 1610 viewsjack247

Michael Duff ... on 19:59 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Good luck to him.

Yeah that was good. Just a pity he alienated the squad, played atrocious football and presided over our worst start since the 90s
Michael Duff ... on 20:30 - Feb 4 with 1598 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Duff ... on 20:28 - Feb 4 by jack247

Yeah that was good. Just a pity he alienated the squad, played atrocious football and presided over our worst start since the 90s

The football was no worse and often better than it had been for the two years previously, and frankly there's a few players in our squad who could do with being shaken out of their comfort zones, as I believe many are mentioning after Saturday?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Duff ... on 20:34 - Feb 4 with 1588 viewsjack247

Michael Duff ... on 20:30 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

The football was no worse and often better than it had been for the two years previously, and frankly there's a few players in our squad who could do with being shaken out of their comfort zones, as I believe many are mentioning after Saturday?

The football certainly improved a bit after the alleged intervention from three much maligned senior players after the Cardiff game.

Either side of that, it’s subjective, but I’d say it was worse. Either way, it’s not as if Martin set a particularly high bar throughout most of his tenure.
Michael Duff ... on 20:48 - Feb 4 with 1562 viewsBoundy

I have to disagree there Duffs football had no discerning positive features at all , at least on a few occasions Martins teams got us up off our seats , Duff appeared not to have any interest in the Club in any shape or form, he knew he was on dodgy ground and with a decent pay off what did he have to lose imo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Michael Duff ... on 22:10 - Feb 4 with 1485 viewsSTID2017

Nonsense mate.
It was the most boring football since Sousa and more importantly was unsuccessful.
But hey. he;s okay with you because he went to the stand after (possibly another ? ) defeat

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Duff ... on 22:15 - Feb 4 with 1470 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Duff ... on 22:10 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Nonsense mate.
It was the most boring football since Sousa and more importantly was unsuccessful.
But hey. he;s okay with you because he went to the stand after (possibly another ? ) defeat

Yeah, pylon heaters with that nonsense.

Apparently losing to Plymouth yesterday was better than under Duff, where we won 3-1 at their place.

Was it great? No, not really. Was it better, or at least no worse than the shite we witnessed for most of last season? For the most part yes.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Michael Duff ... on 22:19 - Feb 4 with 1458 viewsSTID2017

Michael Duff ... on 22:15 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Apparently losing to Plymouth yesterday was better than under Duff, where we won 3-1 at their place.

Was it great? No, not really. Was it better, or at least no worse than the shite we witnessed for most of last season? For the most part yes.

Judging by the thinly veiled language, I guess I have touched a nerve ?
Notice you didn't tell Keith to do one in Anglo Saxon ?
Clown

Michael Duff ... on 22:28 - Feb 4 with 1441 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Duff ... on 22:19 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Judging by the thinly veiled language, I guess I have touched a nerve ?
Notice you didn't tell Keith to do one in Anglo Saxon ?
Clown

I've never shied away from disagreeing with Keith in the past and have no intention of doing so now.

I have no pretence that Duff did a good job here, but neither have I any intention in joining in the belief that it was all bad. In reality there was a lot to like. The worst of Duff was no poorer than some of the sh*te we witnessed under Martin and the best, as short of supply as it was, was just as good.

I have no intention of pretending that everything Duff did was bad. The performances he got out of Grimes alone suggest that he understood where our problems lay, even if he lacked the wherewithal to solve it permanently.

Michael Duff ... on 22:42 - Feb 4 with 1422 viewsSTID2017

Michael Duff ... on 22:28 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

I've never shied away from disagreeing with Keith in the past and have no intention of doing so now.

I have no pretence that Duff did a good job here, but neither have I any intention in joining in the belief that it was all bad. In reality there was a lot to like. The worst of Duff was no poorer than some of the sh*te we witnessed under Martin and the best, as short of supply as it was, was just as good.

I have no intention of pretending that everything Duff did was bad. The performances he got out of Grimes alone suggest that he understood where our problems lay, even if he lacked the wherewithal to solve it permanently.

Well I think you are in the minority of people who think Duff did much worthwhile here at all.
We went backwards significantly under him IMHO, not sure there was a vast improvement in Grimes game either
The majority of games under him lacked passion and were dull as dishwater.

Michael Duff ... on 23:00 - Feb 4 with 1397 viewsbuilthjack

Michael Duff ... on 22:42 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Well I think you are in the minority of people who think Duff did much worthwhile here at all.
We went backwards significantly under him IMHO, not sure there was a vast improvement in Grimes game either
The majority of games under him lacked passion and were dull as dishwater.

He wasn’t up to much. Boring and dull.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Michael Duff ... on 23:36 - Feb 4 with 1370 viewsKeithHaynes

Michael Duff ... on 22:28 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Everybody is welcome to disagree with everyone.
As long as it stays agreeable.

Michael Duff ... on 01:16 - Feb 6 with 1086 viewsSTID2017

Michael Duff ... on 23:36 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

Everybody is welcome to disagree with everyone.
As long as it stays agreeable.

Pylon Heaters to you too

Michael Duff ... on 07:54 - Feb 6 with 995 viewsKeithHaynes

Duff is no championship manager.

Michael Duff ... on 08:39 - Feb 6 with 960 viewsRichardO

He did actually find a points winning midfield with Paterson, Patino and Grimes although at time defensively weak and changed to include Fulton from the start after the poor showing against Leicester which was really lost because of poor tactics and marking against a good team.
And Fulton has more or less been a starter ever since instead of being used to shore up the defence late in games after we have gone ahead.
It would appear Patino lost a fair bit of confidence after that very similar to a number of our young loanees.
You could say that the confidence throughout the team is shot and needs rebuilding.
Michael Duff ... on 21:08 - Feb 6 with 802 viewsRhonddaSwans

Michael Duff ... on 07:54 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

Duff is no championship manager.

Did you see the way Darren moore set them up?
Not being funny but he made duff look like sir Alex

Poll: what is more Exciting

Michael Duff ... on 21:12 - Feb 6 with 798 viewsmahoss

Michael Duff ... on 22:15 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

I agree.
I think he ll do well at Huddersfield…….
We are a mess behind the scenes.
Michael Duff ... on 21:26 - Feb 6 with 772 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Duff ... on 21:12 - Feb 6 by mahoss

I agree.
I think he ll do well at Huddersfield…….
We are a mess behind the scenes.

I think the intention of Duff was better than the execution.

We've spent four years fumbling around and mostly failing under managers who seem to think that if you get the stats right, then results will follow. Cooper did better than Martin for the most part because he, at least, recognised how to organise a defence. Sadly his almost total disdain for any players demonstrating a bit of flair or anything approaching a desire to entertain hamstrung us. Russy's complete ignorance. whether deliberate or unintentional, of the players he had at his disposal made things worse. A change was needed.

Unfortunately that change didn't yield immediate results. A touchy fanbase didn't like being told the truth and took an immediate dislike to Duff. He didn't help himself by not picking his strongest side. The club at present appear to have overcorrected by steering straight back onto the course that we already knew didn't work. I hope Williams is more than a Martin clone. Our future success largely depends on that.
[Post edited 6 Feb 22:38]

Michael Duff ... on 21:38 - Feb 6 with 756 viewsmahoss

Michael Duff ... on 21:26 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

I think the intention of Duff was better than the execution.

We've spent four years fumbling around and mostly failing under managers who seem to think that if you get the stats right, then results will follow. Cooper did better than Martin for the most part because he, at least, recognised how to organise a defence. Sadly his almost total disdain for any players demonstrating a bit of flair or anything approaching a desire to entertain hamstrung us. Russy's complete ignorance. whether deliberate or unintentional, of the players he had at his disposal made things worse. A change was needed.

Unfortunately that change didn't yield immediate results. A touchy fanbase didn't like being told the truth and took an immediate dislike to Duff. He didn't help himself by not picking his strongest side. The club at present appear to have overcorrected by steering straight back onto the course that we already knew didn't work. I hope Williams is more than a Martin clone. Our future success largely depends on that.
[Post edited 6 Feb 22:38]

I just think the structure at the club is useless.
Too many people getting involved with things they shouldn’t
like recruitment !
I’m sure people can relate in their own jobs………..
It never works……….
Michael Duff ... on 21:43 - Feb 6 with 740 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Duff ... on 21:38 - Feb 6 by mahoss

I just think the structure at the club is useless.
Too many people getting involved with things they shouldn’t
like recruitment !
I’m sure people can relate in their own jobs………..
It never works……….

Probably an element of truth in that.

Michael Duff ... on 21:52 - Feb 6 with 716 viewsbuilthjack

He will go down the route of those managers who are useful in leagues 1 and 2, but crap higher up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024