Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread 10:56 - Mar 3 with 10862 viewsModeratorC

Earlier on this season Watford won 1-0 at the Swansea.Com with a smash and grab goal well against the run of player. This time …..

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62065/the-team-that-keep
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62074/at-last-it’s-a-c
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62080/watford-v-swansea-

This post has been edited by an administrator
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:50 - Mar 6 with 1462 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:48 - Mar 6 by pembsjack

Although Williams deserves his fair shame of blame, these type of cowardly performances were there at the start of the season. Too many spineless players not good enough to play at this level. Mass clear out of dead wood is needed asap.

We need a captain,a leader ,first and foremost.
This is or should be very evident
Joe was the only one I could see whipping up the others
As a captain ,grimes is horrendous

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:50 - Mar 6 with 1463 viewsWhiterockin

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:47 - Mar 6 by onehunglow

Why indeed
A point away from this game was not good .
QPR look really feisty
It’s tight at our end of the table
We are in the relegation mix and folk should not forget it.
Two vital points dropped by faffing around
It was good to see Joe A do a bit if captaining as it is beyond Grimesy

There are 9 teams in this league who would rather be in our position.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:51 - Mar 6 with 1453 viewslifelong

2 wins and a draw our last 3 appearances.
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:51 - Mar 6 with 1449 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:50 - Mar 6 by Whiterockin

There are 9 teams in this league who would rather be in our position.

What ever it takes to make one feel better is fine

QPR look well too lively to go download
Crowd clearly with them too

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:54 - Mar 6 with 1409 viewsWhiterockin

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:51 - Mar 6 by lifelong

I know anyone would think we had lost the three.

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:58 - Mar 6 with 1350 viewsblackpooljack

My twopeneth worth. 11 touches by yates says it all. Wrong tactics and set up from the start, letting a bad team off the hook is an understatement, once youve seen Nauts then Darling is a very poor substitute in the same position same comment applies to Joe and Fulton, Lowe and Patino considering they have come from Prem clubs are woeful and Ronald is just trying to do too much he was blowing out of his arse by 60 mins same comment applied to Placheta. Thought wood and Cabbango worked their socks off. LW made some very very poor decisions tonight.
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:59 - Mar 6 with 1342 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:54 - Mar 6 by Whiterockin

It’s about being realistic
That is all.

We could have lost all three

We either want to improve or not.

We are not …

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:01 - Mar 6 with 1313 viewsfelixstowe_jack

10th in the league on current form last 6 games looks like we are improving.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 1298 viewsunion_jack

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:54 - Mar 6 by Whiterockin

This is not about winning, drawing or losing, not for me anyway. This is about the performance, second half anyway where our approach to the game was bewildering.

There are a couple of scenarios as to why we do this.

1. LW sends them out saying slow the game down, we are one up let’s have some defensive practice. Don’t worry, I’ll take the blame. He doesn’t of course.

2. The players can’t believe they were that good in the first half so lose all confidence in the second. The difference in performance has been stark these past few games.

If the latter, LW should be rousing them into a frenzy at half time so they charge out if the dressing room without opening the door.

By the way, saw Stoke last night against Leeds. Saw QPR tonight against WBA for a short while. Both are streets ahead of us in their attitude. application and determination.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 1290 viewslifelong

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:58 - Mar 6 by blackpooljack

My twopeneth worth. 11 touches by yates says it all. Wrong tactics and set up from the start, letting a bad team off the hook is an understatement, once youve seen Nauts then Darling is a very poor substitute in the same position same comment applies to Joe and Fulton, Lowe and Patino considering they have come from Prem clubs are woeful and Ronald is just trying to do too much he was blowing out of his arse by 60 mins same comment applied to Placheta. Thought wood and Cabbango worked their socks off. LW made some very very poor decisions tonight.

I thought Naughton and Allen steadied the ship, we were sinking before they came on.
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 1288 viewsWhiterockin

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:01 - Mar 6 by felixstowe_jack

Some just like to moan.

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:04 - Mar 6 with 1251 viewsFlashberryjack

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:51 - Mar 6 by lifelong

We are talking about the teams performance tonight, other than winning a point from an own goal, what did you think of the performance ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:04 - Mar 6 with 1238 viewsunion_jack

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:02 - Mar 6 by Whiterockin

Some just like to moan.

I’d call it commenting on a dire second half display. But what do I know?😉

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:07 - Mar 6 with 1203 viewsWhiterockin

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:04 - Mar 6 by union_jack

I’d call it commenting on a dire second half display. But what do I know?😉

Second half of the last 3 games have been dire, but we are still picking up points.

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:07 - Mar 6 with 1205 viewslifelong

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:04 - Mar 6 by Flashberryjack

We are talking about the teams performance tonight, other than winning a point from an own goal, what did you think of the performance ?

I thought we played well in the first half and should have gone in halftime 3 up.

Watford upped their game in the second half and we played poorly.
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:10 - Mar 6 with 1176 viewsunion_jack

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:43 - Mar 6 by pembsjack

He doesn't deserve a run of minutes, jogs around clearly not wanting to be here. Too big for us!

On one occasion he lost the ball and instead of sorinting back to catch the guy up, he jogged behind him. Did himself no favours.

Given these signs of poor attitude, is something up in the camp? Maybe not as we’re putting 45 mins in per game but it’s puzzling.

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:10 - Mar 6 with 1173 viewstheloneranger

QPR 2-2, and missed a penalty. 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:15 - Mar 6 with 1138 viewsunion_jack

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:07 - Mar 6 by lifelong

I thought we played well in the first half and should have gone in halftime 3 up.

Watford upped their game in the second half and we played poorly.

Watford upped their game because we let them. We started the half negatively. Standing still with the ball doing our little passes around the back.

We needed to have gone for the throat.

And it’s not about the point gained or 2 points lost. The discussion I’m having is purely about the ‘game of two halves’.

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:18 - Mar 6 with 1111 viewsRichardO

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:01 - Mar 6 by felixstowe_jack

Change of tactics to rest players and still managed to get in front when we could have so easily gone behind, a couple of break away moves with the correct decision we could have made a few more clear chances than the one Ronald had.
It would seem as if sometimes we need to give our wingers the space they need to give them more options off the ball, Tymon running with the ball closing Placheta's space whereas a quick ball would sonetimes serve us better, Fulton and Darling movement off the ball was dire, yet we got a point away from home cannot say we deserved more.
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:25 - Mar 6 with 1066 viewsangryjack

I think we are a lot better now than we were under duff,and slowly moving in right direction..
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:27 - Mar 6 with 1059 viewsHoneyBadger

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:36 - Mar 6 by onehunglow

It’s as if we’re trying to actually lose the game
Patino has gone backwards rapt an alarming rate

What do you expect if he keeps starting in the 80th minute. Patino has more footballing ability in his little finger than Jerry Yates and yet he starts! A quality manager would know how to use a quality player.
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:29 - Mar 6 with 1055 viewsPlankton

At this stage of proceedings, I couldn't give a shit about performances.
We just need to pick up as many points as we can as quickly as we can.
Home wins and away draws are exactly what we need right now.
Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 23:33 - Mar 6 with 883 viewsswancity

Very good first half. If Ronald had put away that big chance as he should have it was probably game over.

But Watford played well in the second half. Although on a poor run, Watford have some very good players and a draw was fair. Lots of good performances for us; Tymon, Cabango, Wood, Grimes and Fulton all did well. Both wingers showed some good moments. A couple more wins should be enough.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 23:55 - Mar 6 with 863 viewsKeithHaynes

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:27 - Mar 6 by HoneyBadger

What do you expect if he keeps starting in the 80th minute. Patino has more footballing ability in his little finger than Jerry Yates and yet he starts! A quality manager would know how to use a quality player.

Possibly a little bit more to Patino than is knowledge at this time. Just hope the lad gets his head down and works hard for the rest of his time here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 07:10 - Mar 7 with 678 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 21:42 - Mar 6 by union_jack

I’m seeing things I don’t like and worry me tonight.

There’s no enthusiasm there. It’s as if they don’t care. Careless passing, lethargic, NEGATIVE even at 1-0 up.

LW needs to be questioned as to why there is such a marked difference in our play in the second halves of games.

I can’t remember being as angry with a performance for some time. Atrocious tactics, coaching, performances and attitude.

I read a poster chiding us for not welcoming a point away
I am in no doubtvwechavecyetvanotger dud for a coach
Mistakes replicated,ludicrous tactics ,bizarre selections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024