Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Copa 71 00:10 - Mar 6 with 2367 viewsSTID2017

One for all the mysogynists on here.
The Women's World Cup 1971 in Mexico, which was unsupported by the official bodies and wiped from the history books, is the subject of this new film.
Another one in the eye for those who don't believe in equality for women (of which there are a few on here)
Look forward to seeing it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Copa 71 on 19:38 - Mar 7 with 758 viewsReslovenSwan1

Copa 71 on 18:07 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_Ladies_F.C.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_F.C._(women)

When will you accept there are two different teams and you have got it completely wrong.
[Post edited 7 Mar 18:18]

I know there are two teams both called cardiff city. One played in England and the other in the Welsh leagues. I have always accepted this after discovering it a few month back.

The question Coleman a has to answer is if Swansea women will remain semi pro in the Welsh league or go pro in the english league vwher the bigger money is? . He may think the Welsh route can also be profitable and this is the way he has talked.

The Women's team could take the place of the ospreys in terms of stadium use. Hopefully itcan be elf sustainable in Wales.

Go Compare and Admiral are tow of the biggest firms in Wales. Neither are associated with football. One is with women's football and the other rugby.

Why do they avoid football? Swansea fans sing obscene chants and fans call it normal behaviour, that is one reason. Even this site wants nothing to do with this subject due to losing sponsors.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Copa 71 on 19:59 - Mar 7 with 735 viewsReslovenSwan1

Copa 71 on 19:31 - Mar 7 by SullutaCreturned

Maybe it's because you keep posting fiction as if it's fact?

The women should get what they can afford, the club can help them develop but then it's down to market forces.

If you would be so happy then off you go, put some money in.

That is not an idea, it's nonsense. They were formed to safeguard, not to develop.

You call others arrigant because they will not take your advice, I say it is because it is very bad advice but lost in your own arrogance, you think you know better than everybody else.

How do you know what subs cover, or don't cover, where do you get your information? Because its usually wrong, as with your post about Cardiff ladies.

The company accounts. I looked at "outgoings/costs" and removed "donations" and the hideous legal costs. Incoming for subscription was £2500 from memory. This very low figure is due to discounted membership fee down from the original £10. This is one way of keeping number up.

The women are just getting up to speed and want to share club facilities. If successful they will ask for parity. It is logical. I would recommend once successful they switch to the English league and go independent and change their name and create new jobs.

I was aware Cardiff women had two teams. I was not wrong about anything.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Copa 71 on 20:19 - Mar 7 with 722 viewsSullutaCreturned

Copa 71 on 19:59 - Mar 7 by ReslovenSwan1

The company accounts. I looked at "outgoings/costs" and removed "donations" and the hideous legal costs. Incoming for subscription was £2500 from memory. This very low figure is due to discounted membership fee down from the original £10. This is one way of keeping number up.

The women are just getting up to speed and want to share club facilities. If successful they will ask for parity. It is logical. I would recommend once successful they switch to the English league and go independent and change their name and create new jobs.

I was aware Cardiff women had two teams. I was not wrong about anything.

HAaaaaa, that's BS, it was pointed out to you that it was 2 different teams and the one you were sputing about was still affiliated to CCFC.

From memory you say? Given the state of some of your other postsI would suggest that is hardly reliable.
The women won't ask for parity unless or until they are pulling in much better crowds. A teamgetting 10% or less of the mens side would not logically ask for parity. It would be silly. They will probably be happy (in the medium term) to have access to the very good facilities.

Lastly, you say "once succesful" but it's sport, there is not a guarantee of success, not unless you have owners with very deep pockets. In fact, the Swansea ladies are more likely to struggle if they changed their name and moved to Englands structure because, unless they are called Swansea, why would our owners put anything in? Why would our owners help an independent club playing at a different stadium that isn't called Swansea? Have you a sensible answer?
Copa 71 on 13:32 - Mar 8 with 618 viewsRhonddaSwans

I would love to see the highlight reels from that tournament 😂.

Not being funny it isn't anti woman to not care about womens football.
You are hardly building the game up are you?

Just looking to feel supreme.

Why don't you show how serious you are then stop supporting the mens team and go and follow the womens team around?
That will show us!

If the answer to that is no chance (like I know it will be)

Can you keep the boring gender politics over on the non football board please.
As this is a charity site and it isn't a good look is it.

Come on we have basically given you lot on the far left that place to bully and goad people.

yours sincerely

RJ

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Copa 71 on 16:23 - Mar 8 with 570 viewsGwyn737

Lovely, feel good story for International Women’s Day:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/international-womens-day-swansea-city-originals

The work she put in paved the way for the opportunities her granddaughter has now 👏
Copa 71 on 16:47 - Mar 8 with 555 viewsWhiterockin

Copa 71 on 16:23 - Mar 8 by Gwyn737

Lovely, feel good story for International Women’s Day:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/international-womens-day-swansea-city-originals

The work she put in paved the way for the opportunities her granddaughter has now 👏

Thanks, a fantastic story. One of the many unsung heroes of sport, the people who keep it all ticking over for the majority of sports people. Swansea City Women's Team are now unrecognisable to what they were and are proud to wear the shirt, they are true ambassadors for the Swansea City brand, long may it continue.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Copa 71 on 16:47 - Mar 8 with 551 viewsSullutaCreturned

Copa 71 on 13:32 - Mar 8 by RhonddaSwans

Why don't you show how serious you are then stop supporting the mens team and go and follow the womens team around?
That will show us!

Come on we have basically given you lot on the far left that place to bully and goad people.

yours sincerely

RJ

Far left

You wildly miss the point, it's not about which team you watch, it's about their right to play the sport without inane, sexist comments and bigotry.

Mens football has been playing gender politics for decades, that's why they banned the womens game and banned any men who helped them.

FAR LEFT!!!
Copa 71 on 16:51 - Mar 8 with 538 viewsWhiterockin

Copa 71 on 16:47 - Mar 8 by SullutaCreturned

Far left

You wildly miss the point, it's not about which team you watch, it's about their right to play the sport without inane, sexist comments and bigotry.

Mens football has been playing gender politics for decades, that's why they banned the womens game and banned any men who helped them.

FAR LEFT!!!

I know I shouldn't generalise, but valley people are light years behind in their thinking.

Login to get fewer ads

Copa 71 on 16:55 - Mar 8 with 521 viewsSullutaCreturned

Copa 71 on 16:51 - Mar 8 by Whiterockin

I know I shouldn't generalise, but valley people are light years behind in their thinking.

I find myself wondring who he means by far left!
Copa 71 on 17:01 - Mar 8 with 505 viewsGwyn737

Copa 71 on 16:55 - Mar 8 by SullutaCreturned

You’ve become the BBC of the Indy, Cat.

The right think your left and the left think you’re right 🤣
Copa 71 on 17:03 - Mar 8 with 494 viewsWhiterockin

Copa 71 on 16:55 - Mar 8 by SullutaCreturned

Anyone who doesn't agree with him? I have probably been unfair generalising and it's probably just the ones on here setting a bad example.

Copa 71 on 17:17 - Mar 8 with 462 viewsSullutaCreturned

Copa 71 on 17:01 - Mar 8 by Gwyn737

You’ve become the BBC of the Indy, Cat.

The right think your left and the left think you’re right 🤣

it's my new username...BBC...Biased Broadcasting Cat!
Copa 71 on 19:23 - Mar 8 with 418 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Copa 71 on 16:51 - Mar 8 by Whiterockin

What?

Valley people have thinking now!

That sounds dangerous.
Copa 71 on 23:24 - Mar 8 with 335 viewsSTID2017

Copa 71 on 13:32 - Mar 8 by RhonddaSwans

That will show us!

yours sincerely

RJ

You talkin to me ?

Seriously if you are, then obviously my posting about the film obviously affects you.
Why is it far left to support equality ?
Just seems to me to be the right way to think.
If that is considered "woke" or "leftist" then I must be, but I just consider it having respect for my fellow human being.
Yours sincerely
STID

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024