Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les on the Stick to Football podcast 09:46 - Mar 26 with 8960 viewsJimboqpr

Talks about us quite a bit on this and some of it is pretty similar to the one he did with Simon Jordan a few weeks back. Probably the most open I've heard speak about the Beale situation though.. 'Michael's a very confident, confident person' There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance Les!

[Post edited 26 Mar 9:53]
Les on the Stick to Football podcast on 08:00 - Mar 30 with 569 viewsngbqpr

The pros & cons of Les's tenure have been debated to death on here - what I think IS worth repeating is that he resigned...chose to go...fell on his sword.

In the cesspit that is 21st century football, where lots of extremely rich people seem to be permanently after even more money by whatever means, who was the last person you can think of who did that?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Les on the Stick to Football podcast on 08:08 - Mar 30 with 536 viewsSpaceman_P

Les on the Stick to Football podcast on 00:38 - Mar 30 by SydneyRs

Its incredible how little these premier league types know or care about the restrictions and issues down below. Actually it isn't incredible at all tbh but is sad and sums up the state of the modern game. That said, Stick to Football is largely excellent.

I thought it was very interesting and always believed he was doing his best and was undermined at times. Too many keyboard warriors were all too quick to jump on the "black mafia, Les's black mates" bandwagon, which says plenty about them. Most of the poor decisions likely came from above him in terms of meeting manager demands and going away from the plan.

I immediately thought of Gallen when he mentioned ex players. He might have been a good football player but there isn't much intelligence there.

As for Warbs, really liked him as a coach and he did a pretty good job while here. However there's clearly a side to him which isn't that pleasant.

ultimately warbs is a city banker at heart, there is more of a business side to warbs for sure!!!

I liked the bloke though, but you know he probably wasn't the nicest fella in the board meeting.

As for Gallen, agree with what you said there.
Les on the Stick to Football podcast on 08:33 - Mar 30 with 491 viewsstevec

Bottom line, Les presided over eight years of almost continual decline.

He backed Ramsey and his production line over every one of those eight years.

Great player, terrible DOF.
Les on the Stick to Football podcast on 09:06 - Mar 30 with 465 viewsHoopsie

I suspect it is Warburton and Jack Clarke

Clarke was a young player age 20 on loan at QPR from Tottenham

Heard it in the open all Rs podcast Warburton interview

Interesting both were looking at it at very different angles about young players - loanees vs academy - wasn’t Warburton not naming reserve subs from the academy in the period we were besieged by injuries? Make out what you will
[Post edited 30 Mar 9:16]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Les on the Stick to Football podcast on 09:58 - Mar 30 with 397 viewsTGRRRSSS

Les on the Stick to Football podcast on 00:38 - Mar 30 by SydneyRs

Its incredible how little these premier league types know or care about the restrictions and issues down below. Actually it isn't incredible at all tbh but is sad and sums up the state of the modern game. That said, Stick to Football is largely excellent.

I thought it was very interesting and always believed he was doing his best and was undermined at times. Too many keyboard warriors were all too quick to jump on the "black mafia, Les's black mates" bandwagon, which says plenty about them. Most of the poor decisions likely came from above him in terms of meeting manager demands and going away from the plan.

I immediately thought of Gallen when he mentioned ex players. He might have been a good football player but there isn't much intelligence there.

As for Warbs, really liked him as a coach and he did a pretty good job while here. However there's clearly a side to him which isn't that pleasant.

My thoughts on Warburton similar definitely an unpleasant something about him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024