Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Cup Final 11:32 - Apr 18 with 1064 viewsbuilthjack

TNS v The Nomads
Less than 20 miles to Wrexham for both teams.
So the FAW decide to hold it at Newport on a Sunday evening.
Unbelievable Jim.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Cup Final on 15:07 - Apr 18 with 990 viewsBoundy

Spread the wealth

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Cup Final on 17:14 - Apr 18 with 956 viewsKeithHaynes

The FAW have mostly always been run by numptys, further proof here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Welsh Cup Final on 07:33 - Apr 19 with 853 viewsYrAlarch

Welsh Cup Final on 17:14 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

The FAW have mostly always been run by numptys, further proof here.

Unfortunately the CEO has built an empire within the FAW with a whole raft of managerial non jobs. Believe me the quality of some of those, well paid, 'Managers' leaves a lot to be desired.
Money that would be better spent on improvements to pitches and facilities, particularly at grass roots level.
Welsh Cup Final on 07:47 - Apr 19 with 836 viewsYrAlarch

Add to that that 3 of the semi finalists were from the North.
Welsh Cup Final on 08:03 - Apr 19 with 826 viewsBoundy

Welsh Cup Final on 07:47 - Apr 19 by YrAlarch

Add to that that 3 of the semi finalists were from the North.

I had the misfortune to watch an U19s play off final between a team from the south and the other the north in a neutral ground ( pity the officials weren't), the officials during the match had to be said were quite happy to show they favouritism to the northern team and when it reached penalties in which every penalty initially scored by the southern team had to retaken (keeper moved ) and subsequently scored but strangely enough the gogs sailed through .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Cup Final on 10:06 - Apr 19 with 802 viewsswancity

Welsh Cup Final on 07:33 - Apr 19 by YrAlarch

Unfortunately the CEO has built an empire within the FAW with a whole raft of managerial non jobs. Believe me the quality of some of those, well paid, 'Managers' leaves a lot to be desired.
Money that would be better spent on improvements to pitches and facilities, particularly at grass roots level.

The FAW Chief Exec Noel Mooney is doing a fine job to be fair. Much of the financial windfall from Wales qualification for the World Cup Finals ( est £10m ) has been allowed to filter through to the clubs at all levels in the form of grant applications which has benefitted so many clubs in terms of allowing them to improve their grounds and facilities etc

As for layers of managers I’m not sure where you get that information from?

Of course with our best clubs in Wales playing in England it restricts certain development eg the Welsh Cup and our chances in Europe but overall the FAW is doing a good job. Holding that final in Newport does seem strange but the venue was probably chosen early in the season.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Welsh Cup Final on 12:11 - Apr 19 with 770 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pity the FAW don't allow their top 6 clubs to enter the Welsh Cup. It would be a money spinner for some of the LOW clubs to play decent opposition for a change.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Cup Final on 13:02 - Apr 19 with 744 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Cup Final on 12:11 - Apr 19 by felixstowe_jack

Pity the FAW don't allow their top 6 clubs to enter the Welsh Cup. It would be a money spinner for some of the LOW clubs to play decent opposition for a change.

Absolutely.

I don't see what the arguments are for not doing it.
[Post edited 19 Apr 16:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Cup Final on 13:22 - Apr 19 with 721 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Cup Final on 13:02 - Apr 19 by Gwyn737

Absolutely.

I'm sure we used come under the FAW for rules, regulations and disciplinary decisions is this still the case or do we now come under the FA. Could this be a reason?
Welsh Cup Final on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 677 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think the reason is because EUFA keep threatening the international status of Wales and insist only competition winners and runners up can enter their competitions. They have also decreed Welsh clubs playing in the English pyramid will represent England if they win an English qualifying competition. Like we did when we won the League Cup.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Cup Final on 18:36 - Apr 19 with 622 viewsYrAlarch

Welsh Cup Final on 10:06 - Apr 19 by swancity

The FAW Chief Exec Noel Mooney is doing a fine job to be fair. Much of the financial windfall from Wales qualification for the World Cup Finals ( est £10m ) has been allowed to filter through to the clubs at all levels in the form of grant applications which has benefitted so many clubs in terms of allowing them to improve their grounds and facilities etc

As for layers of managers I’m not sure where you get that information from?

Of course with our best clubs in Wales playing in England it restricts certain development eg the Welsh Cup and our chances in Europe but overall the FAW is doing a good job. Holding that final in Newport does seem strange but the venue was probably chosen early in the season.

I absolutely agree with you regarding the World Cup windfall and it being cascaded downwards . But that sum is finite and if there is no future success then those financial benefits will disappear. Meanwhile the raft (not layers) of managers will remain and will absorb financial resources, which is my point.
Having experienced a presentation by one such manager, which was extremely poor, I was left wondering what exactly he was doing in the FAW organisation and what contribution he was making to the benefit of the clubs.
You can see such empire building in many organisations, not least the Police Commissioners.
Welsh Cup Final on 19:26 - Apr 19 with 609 viewspencoedjack

Welsh Cup Final on 13:02 - Apr 19 by Gwyn737

Absolutely.

Anti English fella.

Few on here who agree 👍
Welsh Cup Final on 19:35 - Apr 19 with 606 viewspencoedjack

Welsh Cup Final on 15:46 - Apr 19 by felixstowe_jack

I think the reason is because EUFA keep threatening the international status of Wales and insist only competition winners and runners up can enter their competitions. They have also decreed Welsh clubs playing in the English pyramid will represent England if they win an English qualifying competition. Like we did when we won the League Cup.

Welsh clubs usually lose in the preliminary rounds of European competitions?

Success is deemed as losing in the 1st round proper to a team from Iceland?
Welsh Cup Final on 22:15 - Apr 28 with 420 viewsbuilthjack

Congratulations to The Nomads.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Cup Final on 23:04 - Apr 28 with 381 viewsReslovenSwan1

South wales town are simply not up for it. Lanelli, Barry Town have potential. Merthyr are wasting their time in the English system.

Llanelli Town could help the Scarlets with synergies.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Welsh Cup Final on 23:12 - Apr 28 with 365 viewsmajorraglan

The decision to play the cup final in Newport when both teams are from the North beggars belief. Just think of the extra money fans have had to spend, would more have rocked up to the Racecourse? We always hear about sustainability, environmental stuff etc, requiring fans, players and officials to have to travel all that way is crackers.

The decision to stop the Swans, Cardiff etc representing Wales in Europe was taken by UEFA not the FAW. It’s a straight forward choice, play in the Welsh pyramid and qualify for Europe, or play in England and don’t qualify.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17459332
Welsh Cup Final on 00:09 - Apr 29 with 349 viewsRobbie

Watched a bit on S4C earlier , to my shame had the red button on for translation , not a Welsh speaker , understand Wenglish to a degree , but that commentary a no go .

Football side of it , started watching and quickly lost interest , nothing there to support either sides for me so turned channels , others will have enjoyed it of course .

If Briton Ferry , Ammanford , Llanelli also defunct Neath were involved , a decent watch .

North Wales maybe should develop a breakaway arm of FAW , then encourage South Wales to get a better standard of player .

As a general observation , WRU have never invested money into Gog Rugby , RGC is the only team I can think of up there .

Maybe stupid ticket prices for Wales games are bailing out Cardiff / Blues RFC .
Welsh Cup Final on 07:13 - Apr 29 with 286 viewsYrAlarch

The attendance of only 1246 bears out the comments about the venue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024