Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angela Van Den Bogerd 18:42 - Apr 24 with 6392 viewsYrAlarch

For anyone interested, this woman is giving evidence to the Post Office Horizon IT Inquiry tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday.
Her character was a central role in the drama 'Mr Bates v The Post Office' and it should be a couple of very interesting days, particularly when she has to answer questions by the legal representatives of the sub Postmasters and Mistresses . Two of them are real rottweilers.
If you don't already know, you can watch the proceedings live via the Inquiry's website which has a YouTube link.
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 18:44 - Apr 24 with 6387 viewsonehunglow

Hope she is eaten alive
A nasty bit h

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 18:59 - Apr 24 with 6374 viewsraynor94

Wasn't she born in Swansea?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 23:05 - Apr 24 with 6249 viewsonehunglow

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 18:59 - Apr 24 by raynor94

She was

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 12:42 - Apr 25 with 5478 viewsmajorraglan

There was uproar after Jonathon Ford, Chief Exec of the FAW appointed her in to a post with the FAW. He subsequently left his post and according to press reports she didn’t have her probationary period extended and also departed.
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:37 - Apr 25 with 4143 viewstheloneranger

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 18:59 - Apr 24 by raynor94

She still lives in Neath.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:43 - Apr 25 with 4127 viewsBoundy

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:37 - Apr 25 by theloneranger

She still lives in Neath.

Poor Neath

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 10:42 - Apr 26 with 3059 viewslifelong

Live on Sky news now..it’s horrendous.
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 11:52 - Apr 26 with 2895 viewsonehunglow

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 10:42 - Apr 26 by lifelong

Live on Sky news now..it’s horrendous.

The actress in the tv production was brilliant
What a bitch if a woman

Login to get fewer ads

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:16 - Apr 26 with 2270 viewscontroversial_jack

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:43 - Apr 25 by Boundy

Poor Neath

Poor Angela
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:23 - Apr 26 with 2253 viewsWhiterockin

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:16 - Apr 26 by controversial_jack

Poor Angela

You must be the only person giving her any sympathy. Not surprising really considering your opinions.
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:30 - Apr 26 with 2223 viewsraynor94

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:23 - Apr 26 by Whiterockin

You must be the only person giving her any sympathy. Not surprising really considering your opinions.

If you post black he'll post white, it's just his silly way, he seems to get some kick out of it, always has

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:32 - Apr 26 with 2204 viewsWhiterockin

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:30 - Apr 26 by raynor94

If you post black he'll post white, it's just his silly way, he seems to get some kick out of it, always has

Childish, immature and pointless, sums it up.
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 00:42 - Apr 27 with 1674 viewsRobbie

According to BBC reports , not seen the live stream as yet . A postmaster took his own life over issues with the Post Office , then hush money £140 k was offered to his widow to keep her mouth shut and not push the death investigation any further , an awful answer .

Really wish these inquires would nail these liars , but they will squirm through write a book about their services to the public and get a gong thrown in at the end .
Pity Blair and Bojo really are struggling financally these days , bless .

Angela from Neef comes across as a ducking and diving , not on my watch guv , pass the buck to somebody else ,type of person .
[Post edited 27 Apr 0:44]
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 07:45 - Apr 27 with 1577 viewsYrAlarch

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 00:42 - Apr 27 by Robbie

According to BBC reports , not seen the live stream as yet . A postmaster took his own life over issues with the Post Office , then hush money £140 k was offered to his widow to keep her mouth shut and not push the death investigation any further , an awful answer .

Really wish these inquires would nail these liars , but they will squirm through write a book about their services to the public and get a gong thrown in at the end .
Pity Blair and Bojo really are struggling financally these days , bless .

Angela from Neef comes across as a ducking and diving , not on my watch guv , pass the buck to somebody else ,type of person .
[Post edited 27 Apr 0:44]

To compound the heinous nature of the matter you mention in the first paragraph, the £140K was offered in stage payments to 'encourage' her to comply with the NDA and to withdraw from the Mediation Scheme that had been instigated. This was on the advice of the in-house solicitor, Rodric Williams, who gave evidence last week. He didn't cover himself in glory. Worth looking at his 'performance' too.
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 11:41 - Apr 27 with 1433 viewsSullutaCreturned

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 07:45 - Apr 27 by YrAlarch

To compound the heinous nature of the matter you mention in the first paragraph, the £140K was offered in stage payments to 'encourage' her to comply with the NDA and to withdraw from the Mediation Scheme that had been instigated. This was on the advice of the in-house solicitor, Rodric Williams, who gave evidence last week. He didn't cover himself in glory. Worth looking at his 'performance' too.

As with everything, there is good and bad everywhere. This Bgerd woman and that solicitor are, in my personal opinion, in the bad...the very bad.

I put Vennells in with them, her and Bogerd knew they were wrong, knew about Horizon and they lied and covered it up for their own personal gain, in my personal opinion obviously.
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 12:41 - Apr 27 with 1395 viewsunion_jack

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 11:41 - Apr 27 by SullutaCreturned

As with everything, there is good and bad everywhere. This Bgerd woman and that solicitor are, in my personal opinion, in the bad...the very bad.

I put Vennells in with them, her and Bogerd knew they were wrong, knew about Horizon and they lied and covered it up for their own personal gain, in my personal opinion obviously.

I don’t believe they knew from the offset that Horizon was faulty. I think they placed far too much faith in the system and initially believed it couldn’t be wrong.

When they did realise it was too late and they were having to cover their tracks, a strategy raft ended badly for both sides of the fence.

The PO unfortunately has a self perceived elevated status and the attitude of the staff reflects that. The KCs have honed in on that in their questioning and even told her to stop using ‘corporate speak’. People like VDB relish that type of organisation and the power it brings. But now the chickens are coming home to roost.

You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but in this case…!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 18:59 - Apr 27 with 1243 viewsSullutaCreturned

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 12:41 - Apr 27 by union_jack

I don’t believe they knew from the offset that Horizon was faulty. I think they placed far too much faith in the system and initially believed it couldn’t be wrong.

When they did realise it was too late and they were having to cover their tracks, a strategy raft ended badly for both sides of the fence.

The PO unfortunately has a self perceived elevated status and the attitude of the staff reflects that. The KCs have honed in on that in their questioning and even told her to stop using ‘corporate speak’. People like VDB relish that type of organisation and the power it brings. But now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Hmm, I think they knew from the beginning that Fujitsu had remote access and they lied about that.
Ok, I'll accept they weren't lying about the rest from the beginning but at some point they realised and they carried onlying. By the time they started prosecuting I think they knew full well that Horizon was faulty.
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 19:19 - Apr 27 with 1216 viewsOhyeah

What is often forgotten is the role investigative S4C programme played in exposing this scandal first in 2009 & bringing together the accused postmasters & informing them of each others cases through research & telephone calls...
Even though Alan Bates verses the post office is excellent drama the whole story is far more disturbing & shocking in the book The great post office scandal...
But as what happens all to frequently in the UK the management Vennels, Bogerd etc will no doubt escape justice & not ever have their day in court to face the music..
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 02:36 - Apr 28 with 1105 viewsGixerJack

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 17:23 - Apr 26 by Whiterockin

I think he meant for having to live in Neath
Angela Van Den Bogerd on 10:40 - Apr 28 with 991 viewstheloneranger

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 12:41 - Apr 27 by union_jack

The Horizon software was originally designed to save money and reduce fraud in connection with benefits and pension payments. The Benefits Agency eventually dropped the software, leaving a massive £700M bill.

Horizon was a joint venture between the Post Office, the Benefits Agency (as the DWP was then called) and ICL, a subsidiary of Fujitsu.

The intention was to create a swipe card system for benefits and pensions to be paid out at Post Offices, replacing paper payment books.

The project began in 1996, but by 1999 the Benefits Agency had lost all faith in the system ever working and pulled out, leaving the taxpayer with a massive £700 million bill with nothing to show at the end of it.

In desperation, the project was repurposed to allow electronic bookkeeping to replace paper accounts in post offices.

And the end result of that is now playing out in the media, the courts and a public inquiry.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Angela Van Den Bogerd on 10:59 - Apr 28 with 964 viewsDr_Winston

Technically the DWP isn't a rebranded Benefits Agency, but an organisation formed by the merging of the BA and the Employment Service, who I was working for when it happened (still got my old name badge somewhere).

The primary IT system used by the BA at the time is still in use now, although less and less as more things switch over to the UC systems, which is much more user friendly and less prone to bugs compared to the old one, which isn't even navigable with a GUI.

I can vaguely remember back in the dim and distant past some talk about payment cards but that came to nothing at the time. Ironically a similar system does actually exist today for people who cannot or do not have a bank account.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024