Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A day in my life to never forget. 23:31 - May 26 with 1394 viewsA1079

A day in my life I will never forget. All the disappointment, the pain, the lows makes these rare days all the sweeter.

I am still speechless. I have no idea who played well and who didn't, it was all too tense but it was just a fantastic team performance and the support out of this world.

I have had mixed feelings about our manager but congratulations to him for sticking to it.

I have enjoyed the championship and some great days out but today was something special.
A day in my life to never forget. on 23:54 - May 26 with 1345 viewsdarthvader

Yes i agree with this .

I not long been back home , utter exhausted, its been emotional.

So we can play in plan b or c .. not just possession and passing for the sake of passing . We can mix it up , get stuck in . Disappointed with the leeds players diving all over the place everytime one of our players got close.

Anyone else felt that we could step it up even more if we needed to ?

Fans were magnificent, i will never forget this day as long as i live , WINNING AT WEMBLEY!

keep the faith coyr

A day in my life to never forget. on 00:39 - May 27 with 1301 viewsSouthamptonfan

A very special day. Winning at Wembley will live long in the memory. Promoted to the Premier League, our fans were magnificent, now absolutely exhausted. What a season, will never forget it. Back in the big time where we belong.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

A day in my life to never forget. on 01:16 - May 27 with 1277 viewsfranniesTache

Said this elsewhere but today just felt different, special even. The majority of my life I’ve seen Saints lose finals, or fall at the last in important games, but not today, today we were class

One of the things that’s concerned me about us has been the mentality, I’ve been convinced of the quality but doubted the winning mentality of the players and manager when it mattered. Today proved me wrong, and f*ck me was I happy to be proved wrong.

Also that’s probably the first game I’ve been too that means something at Wembley (and Cardiff) where the fans also turned up with the reaction a day out wasn’t enough. I really felt a drive from our support that made it more like a normal away than a “Wembley day out”

Was noticeable to me too that I saw so many generations of families I knew today and a few old Saints lads who’ve not been in donkeys, stuff like that makes you understand why we do it, it’s never been anything to do with the football really.

Ii honestly f*cking love my home city and the mushes in it, and feel proud as both about the team and fans tonight.
A day in my life to never forget. on 13:39 - May 27 with 821 viewsSonicBoom

Loved it all. The semi and final were epic.
I think I might be dying today though.

Great to see pockets of saints fans all over London late last night still singing and celebrating. It feels like the support has been louder and more enthusiastic these last weeks. Let's hope its a new dawn and the support next season can keep it going and make it the norm.
A day in my life to never forget. on 13:49 - May 27 with 792 viewsSouthamptonfan

A day in my life to never forget. on 01:16 - May 27 by franniesTache

Said this elsewhere but today just felt different, special even. The majority of my life I’ve seen Saints lose finals, or fall at the last in important games, but not today, today we were class

One of the things that’s concerned me about us has been the mentality, I’ve been convinced of the quality but doubted the winning mentality of the players and manager when it mattered. Today proved me wrong, and f*ck me was I happy to be proved wrong.

Also that’s probably the first game I’ve been too that means something at Wembley (and Cardiff) where the fans also turned up with the reaction a day out wasn’t enough. I really felt a drive from our support that made it more like a normal away than a “Wembley day out”

Was noticeable to me too that I saw so many generations of families I knew today and a few old Saints lads who’ve not been in donkeys, stuff like that makes you understand why we do it, it’s never been anything to do with the football really.

Ii honestly f*cking love my home city and the mushes in it, and feel proud as both about the team and fans tonight.

Great post. I was chatting to a guy, born and bred in Southampton, not been here years, who travelled over from the US, said he just couldn't miss the occasion, flights either side of the game. Not a clue how he got tickets, but he was ecstatic for his home club. Lots of families, witnessing what Saints are all about. A wonderful day, and like you proud of this city and my club.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

A day in my life to never forget. on 13:52 - May 27 with 788 viewsTripleNiemi

An absolutely belting day out and certainly one for the memory books. Whilst I have had my reservations, absolute respect to ALL involved with getting us promotion. Really enjoy the Championship and gutted the massive mob down the road are still in the shadows, but needs must. The Manager deserves a full season crack at the Prem with some decent financial backing. Onwards and Upwards with a bit of cricket over the summer thrown in for good measure.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

A day in my life to never forget. on 17:31 - May 27 with 639 viewsSalisburySaint

Nothing for me will ever beat being there in 1976, but this ran it very close

A great day from start to finish, which I was able to enjoy with a three of my kids, plus my brother back from France.

Early train from Salisbury which although busy from Basingstoke wasn’t overcrowded, in Spoons at Ruislip Manor at 10am, which wasn’t rammed either, and where we met Antti Neimi and his son, who’d been invited to join the London Saints there by two of my Finnish Saint mates, who had travelled over on same flight from Helsinki.

Caught up with loads of friends and old workmates in pub and ground

Then game went almost perfectly, with only one real moment of worry when James hit the bar. celebrations afterwards tremendous.

A couple of pints near Waterloo after, then Prosecco on train back, before a few more at pub in Salisbury, before cab home at midnight.

With Hampshire also stuffing Surrey, and for me to enjoy this all with my family, it was an absolutely perfect day
[Post edited 27 May 17:32]
A day in my life to never forget. on 19:35 - May 27 with 525 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I have been a Saints fan for many, many years.
There are a lot of great memories and even more disappointments.
A list of the highlights below, in no particular order>
1. Coming back from 3-0 down as a 2nd Tier club to draw 3-3 with 1st Division Nottm Forest in the FA Cup in 1963. The Dell was alive!!
2. Travelling up to White Hart Lane with around 40,000 Saints fans to see us wipe the floor with Forest in the 2nd Re-play, 5-0.
3. Effectively winning our first promotion at Brisbane Rd in a 1-1 draw with Leyton Orient.
4. Beating Palace at Stamford Bridge to reach Wembley for the first time
5. Winning the FA Cup v Man Utd in 1976. Fantastic day and aftermath.
6. MLT's late goal v Arsenal, last game at The Dell
7. Winning the JPT in front of 54,000+ Saints at Wembley
8. Being part of 7,000+ Saints fans in the San Siro.
9. The recent WBA game
10. And to top it all, the atmosphere and result yesterday. Absolutely top drawer>
Well done all who contributed.
Login to get fewer ads

A day in my life to never forget. on 19:43 - May 27 with 506 viewsSaintKG

A day in my life to never forget. on 19:35 - May 27 by SouthSeaSaint

I have been a Saints fan for many, many years.
There are a lot of great memories and even more disappointments.
A list of the highlights below, in no particular order>
1. Coming back from 3-0 down as a 2nd Tier club to draw 3-3 with 1st Division Nottm Forest in the FA Cup in 1963. The Dell was alive!!
2. Travelling up to White Hart Lane with around 40,000 Saints fans to see us wipe the floor with Forest in the 2nd Re-play, 5-0.
3. Effectively winning our first promotion at Brisbane Rd in a 1-1 draw with Leyton Orient.
4. Beating Palace at Stamford Bridge to reach Wembley for the first time
5. Winning the FA Cup v Man Utd in 1976. Fantastic day and aftermath.
6. MLT's late goal v Arsenal, last game at The Dell
7. Winning the JPT in front of 54,000+ Saints at Wembley
8. Being part of 7,000+ Saints fans in the San Siro.
9. The recent WBA game
10. And to top it all, the atmosphere and result yesterday. Absolutely top drawer>
Well done all who contributed.

Kinda fell out of love football over the last 10 years; money FFP(!), var, big 6/7, premier lge 🤔 etc but yesterday was something else just brilliant. A game that brings ‘your’ club&city & over 36k fans together is magic, nothing in sports (imho) comes even close. Plus a day out with mates that you’ve known for 50 years but not met up in while.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024