Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong extended 10:01 - Jun 12 with 17514 viewsloftboy

Great news

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/12/sinclair-armstrong-contract-extended/
[Post edited 12 Jun 10:08]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Armstrong extended on 23:06 - Jun 14 with 2281 views1JD

Armstrong extended on 14:51 - Jun 14 by TK1

At 21? He was nowhere near the first team, and I'll take your word on barnstorming the reserves...but it was the reserves. I saw his earliest league games and he was not there, not until 1990 at least. He's said that himself! Armstrong's been playing in an appalling relegation-haunted team in huge pressure games in front of gnarly crowds. It's a different level. You may say we're guilty of revisionism, but I say you're wearing rose-tinted specs Brian. Les had played a grand total of 3 league games by Armstrong's age. Armstrong has played sixty times.

And actually, Sinclair's still 20 for another week.

Les came back from Turkey when he was pushing 23 and looked a different player (but still wasn't even third choice). He wasn't a regular until he was 24 going on 25. It took him time. He did not arrive from Hayes at 20 (Armstrong's age) ready for regular league football for another three/four years.

Maybe a side point, but not sure an appalling relegation haunted team is accurate. Relegation haunted absolutely! But appalling?

GA in charge for a third - appalling. 23rd, down and out.
Cifuentes in charge for two thirds - near play off form.
Armstrong extended on 01:57 - Jun 15 with 2168 viewsHoopsie

Armstrong extended on 14:51 - Jun 14 by TK1

At 21? He was nowhere near the first team, and I'll take your word on barnstorming the reserves...but it was the reserves. I saw his earliest league games and he was not there, not until 1990 at least. He's said that himself! Armstrong's been playing in an appalling relegation-haunted team in huge pressure games in front of gnarly crowds. It's a different level. You may say we're guilty of revisionism, but I say you're wearing rose-tinted specs Brian. Les had played a grand total of 3 league games by Armstrong's age. Armstrong has played sixty times.

And actually, Sinclair's still 20 for another week.

Les came back from Turkey when he was pushing 23 and looked a different player (but still wasn't even third choice). He wasn't a regular until he was 24 going on 25. It took him time. He did not arrive from Hayes at 20 (Armstrong's age) ready for regular league football for another three/four years.

It is not compatible just comparing the age

Do we know if Ferdinand at 20-21 years of age was he any good at tapping the ball, had scoring instinct, or not being offside all the time? (These are constant moan about Armstrong). Both had the power and strength at the same age? (Athleticism is Armstrong trait - or as someone says an athlete with boots on)

Is Ferdinand scoring regularly in non league with Hayes? Wiki says 19 goals in 33. Don’t think Armstrong is a scoring teenage sensation. Wiki says 7 games 0 goals for Shamrock Rovers/II teams. But they were different ages, sir Les around age 20-21, Sinclair 17-19

Ferdinand had to fight with the likes of Gary Bannister, John Byrne, Mark Falco, Trevor Francis, Andy Sinton, Roy Wegerle in his early years at QPR

Armstrong - Dykes, Kelman, Kolli, Frey, Martin, Bonne

Who had shown more potential at the age they were?
[Post edited 15 Jun 4:27]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Armstrong extended on 09:42 - Jun 15 with 1988 viewsBurnleyhoop

Armstrong extended on 11:09 - Jun 14 by loftboy

Michael Owen couldn’t trap a bag of cement! But he knew how to finish, I’d take a player who can score regularly over one that know the basics but cant score!

And Sinclair can score regularly?

Not sure I take your point there, but Sinclair ain’t no Michael Owen.

Just seems to me that understandably, we all want him to develop into the next Les Ferdinand. I would be delighted if he blossomed with us this season, but all I see is raw, without the talent.
Armstrong extended on 22:21 - Jun 17 with 1667 viewsstainrods_elbow

Armstrong extended on 16:48 - Jun 14 by derbyhoop

I think Armstrong needs to become a 10-15 goal preseason striker, starting this year. If he can't then he's not going to get a big money move. If he does show the results, we need to get him tied down ASAP. On a long, lucrative contract, with decent release clauses.

10-15 goals in preseason would certainly get us all going!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Armstrong extended on 10:58 - Jun 18 with 1401 viewswombat

Armstrong extended on 22:21 - Jun 17 by stainrods_elbow

10-15 goals in preseason would certainly get us all going!

wont be for us hes getting them for is my guess though !

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Armstrong extended on 14:38 - Jun 18 with 1143 viewsstainrods_elbow

Armstrong extended on 10:58 - Jun 18 by wombat

wont be for us hes getting them for is my guess though !

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'll eat my QPR scarf if Armstrong hits double figures for us or anyone next season. And probably the season after that to boot.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Armstrong extended on 22:45 - Jun 18 with 879 viewswombat

Armstrong extended on 14:38 - Jun 18 by stainrods_elbow

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'll eat my QPR scarf if Armstrong hits double figures for us or anyone next season. And probably the season after that to boot.

I’ll be surprised if he makes above ten appearances for anyone next season and very few as a first choice starting forward

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Armstrong extended on 07:17 - Jun 19 with 676 viewsGloucs_R

Armstrong extended on 22:45 - Jun 18 by wombat

I’ll be surprised if he makes above ten appearances for anyone next season and very few as a first choice starting forward

He'd start every game in a league 2 club but his agent clearly thinks he's worth more and if the wages he wants are that high then only another champ club could afford him.

In which case, I agree with you.
[Post edited 19 Jun 7:18]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong extended on 09:13 - Jun 19 with 530 viewsTheChef

Armstrong extended on 14:38 - Jun 18 by stainrods_elbow

Grilled or fried?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024