Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR help needed 19:18 - Jun 12 with 994 viewspaulhoop2

Hi all

Help me if you no.

My work are sending me on a training residential course ( lovely looking venue ) but they say that as I am not on business milage ( office based ) they are unable to pay milage ? They are paying me a full day for half etc any ideas ? They say that as milage is an expense I need to be on business insurance

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Non QPR help needed on 19:32 - Jun 12 with 928 viewsPBLOCK

Not sure size and scale of your firm but I have worked for big / mid tier firms for over 15 years

Usually 3 options

1) They book your travel for trains and any cabs from station need to be reclaimed via expenses with a receipt with line manager signing it off before going to Finance

2) You book all travel etc and claim via expenses

3) Company policy is set for petrol for example 50p per mile print out via route planner plus receipt from petrol station via expenses

Definitely chase up you shouldn’t be out of pocket

Good luck
Non QPR help needed on 20:10 - Jun 12 with 834 viewspaulhoop2

Cheers for this

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Non QPR help needed on 20:22 - Jun 12 with 821 viewssaxbend

I suppose they might be justified if they're paying you a full day, you're giving up just half a day, and the rest of the money they're paying you is more than your expenses. Otherwise they should definitely reimburse you.
Non QPR help needed on 21:49 - Jun 12 with 730 viewsQPR_Hibs

I think that your company are correct that they can't pay you mileage if you don't have business usage on your car insurance policy. If you do have it, then I think that they may be trying to avoid a load of paperwork in getting you approved on their system for a one-off mileage claim.

You shouldn't be out of pocket though if the course is at their request, so maybe take one of the first 2 options that PBlock suggested unless you HAVE to drive,

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Non QPR help needed on 22:00 - Jun 12 with 705 viewsStJude82

I'm not sure that you do need Business insurance. I would've thought that a training course counts as commuting to your place of work. I have been paid mileage in previous jobs in similar situations in the past without business insurance. Check with your union rep. If you don't have one then try the Citizen's Advice. They're usually able to help. Of course, a lot depends on how many extra miles you'll be covering. It might not be worth causing trouble especially if they're paying you for hours not worked. Good luck with it
Non QPR help needed on 16:36 - Jun 13 with 427 viewsBenny_the_Ball

You haven't said whether your employed, self-employed or contracting. For the purposes of my response, I'll assume that you're employed.

I suspect that your employer doesn't want to pay mileage as you'll be receiving a full day's pay for half a day's work. On paper, this seems fair but it's somewhat disingenuous and unprofessional.

If you're intent on driving your own vehicle and claiming mileage then strictly speaking you would need to extend your vehicle insurance policy to cover business use as commuting tends to cover travel to and from your usual place of work.

However, your employer's argument cuts both ways. If you don't have business vehicle insurance then your employer can't expect you to use your private vehicle to travel to another business site. I would go back to them and ask that they hire a car or pay expenses for alternative transport.
Non QPR help needed on 19:39 - Jun 13 with 320 viewsTGRRRSSS

One potential issue if driving somewhere for work other than your normal work place is if there's an accident especially if you were too blame as they want to know why.

Eg live in Windsor and work in Hammersmith but today your driving back from Yorkshire on work business might be a problem if anyone knows better do correct me
Non QPR help needed on 19:48 - Jun 13 with 307 viewsBluce_Ree

Whenever a job pulls some bullshit on me, I wait a month or two and take a reasonable amount of days of sick depending on their offence.

Either way, I'm not getting fked by corporate cock.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024