Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team today 14:35 - Jan 7 with 5624 viewsIcelandDale

01 Kurucz
02 Darby
03 Widdowson
17 Holden
22 Jordan
07 Kennedy
08 Jones
11 Adams
19 Bogdanovic
30 Ormerod
39 Ball

Substitutes

21 Edwards,
04 Holness,
10 Grimes,
16 Tutte,
26 Akpa Akpro

perfect
Team today on 16:46 - Jan 7 with 1318 viewsdale_upon_tyne

I think everyone was hoping lightning would strike twice and we'd have a true successor to Hill in Beech. If you listen to his interviews, the positivity and determination are there - the performance was there vs PNE as well.

If we play well and/or beat Tranmere on Tuesday then Beech will still have a decent chance of keeping the job. Otherwise I guess the Chairman has a difficult decision to make.
Team today on 16:50 - Jan 7 with 1252 viewsolympicdale

Team today on 16:46 - Jan 7 by dale_upon_tyne

I think everyone was hoping lightning would strike twice and we'd have a true successor to Hill in Beech. If you listen to his interviews, the positivity and determination are there - the performance was there vs PNE as well.

If we play well and/or beat Tranmere on Tuesday then Beech will still have a decent chance of keeping the job. Otherwise I guess the Chairman has a difficult decision to make.

Tranmere is 17th jan

Life is a game of fate.

Team today on 16:52 - Jan 7 with 1225 viewsdalenumber2

Haven't heard Bogdanovic's name mentioned at all listening to Daleplayer - one attempt on target, we have not had a corner, what has happened since Monday?
Team today on 16:53 - Jan 7 with 1209 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Team today on 16:50 - Jan 7 by olympicdale

Tranmere is 17th jan

So it is!
Team today on 16:55 - Jan 7 with 1172 viewswmgunit

Disappointed, but not giving up hope just yet. Problems today seemed clear though:

4-2-3-1 Formation: Why switch to a more complicated formation when 4-4-2 worked so well in the second half last week?

Brett Ormerod: Did we change the formation to accommodate him? A striker who is perhaps past it and unfit.

Hopefully we learn from this and revert to 4-4-2. That first win is going to be crucial. We could do with a bit of luck which we didn't have on Monday, or under Eyre to be fair.
Team today on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 1147 viewsrich_dale

Sounded like the worst performance of the season. Next Sat we should revert to the team and formation v Preston, as today it sounded like that was disturbed, and the chance to build some momentum lost.
Team today on 16:57 - Jan 7 with 1108 viewsolympicdale

this is a really depressing result, but the performance is unforgivable given our situation, there is no excuse for such a poor performance, and they deserve to be where they are, this is first time I've resigned myself to L2.

Life is a game of fate.

Team today on 16:58 - Jan 7 with 1098 viewsD_Alien

Team today on 16:55 - Jan 7 by wmgunit

Disappointed, but not giving up hope just yet. Problems today seemed clear though:

4-2-3-1 Formation: Why switch to a more complicated formation when 4-4-2 worked so well in the second half last week?

Brett Ormerod: Did we change the formation to accommodate him? A striker who is perhaps past it and unfit.

Hopefully we learn from this and revert to 4-4-2. That first win is going to be crucial. We could do with a bit of luck which we didn't have on Monday, or under Eyre to be fair.

Agree with this

The team looked unbalanced when the starting XI was announced

Bog & Ormerod up front - fine, but Ball should have been sacrificed for a wideman, either JLAA or JT

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Team today on 17:01 - Jan 7 with 1050 viewsDaleWhitworth

H'Pool have not won at home in last 9 games. Today's Stats H'pool: 7 shots on target and 7 off with 9 corners; Dale 2 on target, 2 off and no corners!! How has that happened?

Believe!

Team today on 17:03 - Jan 7 with 1019 viewsD_Alien

Team today on 17:01 - Jan 7 by DaleWhitworth

H'Pool have not won at home in last 9 games. Today's Stats H'pool: 7 shots on target and 7 off with 9 corners; Dale 2 on target, 2 off and no corners!! How has that happened?

No supply

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Team today on 17:03 - Jan 7 with 1018 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Team today on 16:56 - Jan 7 by rich_dale

Sounded like the worst performance of the season. Next Sat we should revert to the team and formation v Preston, as today it sounded like that was disturbed, and the chance to build some momentum lost.

Absolutely. We'll have to get behind the players on Saturday and see what Beechy can produce. 3 points or bust? Stevenage will be a much tougher opposition then Pools or PNE could hope to present.

We need a performance from somewhere - I'll be there with everything crossed. Remember - Eyre's gone, Beech won't be dwelling on today, the lads will be positive on saturday, let's just hope they're good enough.

NO FEAR dale.
Team today on 17:05 - Jan 7 with 1002 views442Dale

It was as poor as a lot of what we've seen this season and Dale never really looked like scoring. Poor defending for the first with the second being a great strike, however the amount of free headers Hartlepool had in the first half should have seen us behind well before our best 20 minutes after the break.

Not sure why Bogdanovic was marooned out wide in the first half, but that allied with an anonymous Ball and a below par Adams contributed to our lack of impetus up front.

We have to change things in terms of tempo, and yet again we come to the big subject: seeing how we do without Jones.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Team today on 17:05 - Jan 7 with 1002 viewsDaleFan7

Team today on 17:01 - Jan 7 by DaleWhitworth

We are the 2nd worst team in this division, that's how.
Team today on 17:05 - Jan 7 with 1002 viewssandylaner1

shit, sounded like a performance we would have got under SE, sky sports guys hardly mentioned rochdale in any positive light

hartlepools home form has been dire as well

brb resigning myself to league 2 now being a real possibility
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Team today on 17:41 - Jan 7 with 929 viewswmgunit

Team today on 16:58 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

Agree with this

The team looked unbalanced when the starting XI was announced

Bog & Ormerod up front - fine, but Ball should have been sacrificed for a wideman, either JLAA or JT

I would be interested to hear Beech's rational for changing the formation. Was it because he thought 4-2-3-1 would be the best way to tackle Hartlepool's style of play and formation, or was he simply hoping to cram all the players he wanted into the starting 11. Sadly, it seems more like the first of the two for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024