Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... 19:24 - Feb 4 with 1410 viewsfLaMeBoY

1/ Despite the new recruits and millions spent it was the same old Rangers today. We were that comfortable at 1-0 after half an hour, playing that well I could only see us racking up three of four goals. We lost because of a number of factors. The sending off, the non-existent midfield once again, and some very poor performances from key men.

2/ Wolves were that bad, that even when down the ten men I thought we would win the game. Is a one man advantage that much of an advantage that Wolves suddenly looked like world-beaters? They ripped us apart in the second half which based on the first 30 minutes they were not capable of putting three passes together - but it was a case of the same old cracks in the QPR team painfully on show, that is the reason why a one man advantage felt like 2 or 3.
With a better performing midfield (Barton & Derry) we would have won that game.

3/ Barton was as usual atrocious. As probably all ready mentioned on here, to give the ball away countless times today was criminal for a professional footballer. To do it for the umpteenth time 30 seconds into the second half, gifting Wolves their goal about summed him up today.

4/ Barton tried, I’ll give him that. Covered a fair few miles and didn’t hide. But the same can be said for Jamie Mackie. Just Mackie hasn’t played 200 games in the Premiership, get paid a fortune or spout his fat gob like he is some footballing god. If Barton were any other player he would be dropped without hesitation. Luckily for Joey we have no other option but persist with his average performances for the foreseeable.

6/ Like soooooo many games now, our central midfield was a major factor in losing the game. I’ve touched on Barton but poor old Derry really is seriously out of his depth and paired with Barton means we basically don’t have a midfield and as we saw at Villa and again today we are getting ripped apart. Again though, not really options to change it around.

5/ On to SWP. I was really looking forward to seeing him on the right side at long last. Unfortunately the same old issues with him are just as alarming today as it every other game this year. Zero end product, shoots when should pass, pass when should shoot, cutting inside and playing the wrong ball.
He wasn’t all bad. He was involved in the goal and when he did beat his man and get to the touchline he knocked in a few good balls.
But 15 odd games later and I’m still to see a good performance from him.

7/ Why did the majority give Cisse a standing ovation we he finally walked off the pitch after the sending off? I find this a very odd thing in football where a player who gets himself stupidly sent off get a round of applause from the crowd? The guy was an absolute moron to react as he did.

8/ The game was effectively over on 70 minutes when Zamora went off. A Fulham fan posted on here that he has been carrying ankle and Achilles injuries for a while now and was spot on.

9/ Watching Hulse challenge Bassong just made me cringe with embarrassment.

10/ Lets finish on a major positive though. One Adel Taarabt. Simply outstanding, one of the best team performances I’ve seen from him.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:27 - Feb 4 with 1391 viewsbosh67

Mostly agree. Didn't think Barton was that bad today. He did do a lot of good things as well. Taarabt really deserved a goal in the last 30 minutes. Very disciplined performance and ripped Wolves apart in the last 30 mins. Very unlucky with some of his attempts. Fantastic save from an almost unstoppable shot 30 yards out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:29 - Feb 4 with 1371 viewswittle

big over reaction we were cruising to victory but let down by lack of discipline
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:39 - Feb 4 with 1336 viewsQPR_ARG

Enjoy your post-game posts, mate. As always.

Only thing, though, Zamora was replaced with 15 minutes to go and Hughes said it was due to cramps, not injury-related.

I ask all of you to pray for Mali to lose tomorrow so we can welcome Samba Diakité who will be a instant improvement for us in midfield. I don't need to watch him in action. He can't be worse than what we've been seeing in recent weeks in that area.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:40 - Feb 4 with 1331 viewsHollowayRanger

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:29 - Feb 4 by wittle

big over reaction we were cruising to victory but let down by lack of discipline

certainly not the same old QPR this one cant afford to be religated!

thought we were by far the better team just like the last time i thought that ,that was v norwich were again an idiot in hoops reacted to something and give the ref a chance to show off,what is it with our players whos turn will it be to get sent off at blackburn!

those 6 points thrown away will cost us at end of season

onuoha was a great buy very good on ball no messing defending, taiwo big very but what did he do ? very little till near the end when finally got forward and put a couple of nice crosses in ,would like to see more of that!

zamora good player bit lucky with finish and not fully fit nowt new there for us ,cisse class act great ball for goal but then badly fouled dont know if it was his damaged leg or not but he's not a kid he knows the rules and what happens ,would have been better off rolling and screaming on floor ,least the right player might have got sent off them

but like barton jumping up being macho has cost us big time and 6 points!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:43 - Feb 4 with 1312 viewsRangersAreBack

Also laughed at Hulse's attempt to out-muscle Bassong but boy am glad we didn't sign him.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:46 - Feb 4 with 1293 viewsbosh67

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:43 - Feb 4 by RangersAreBack

Also laughed at Hulse's attempt to out-muscle Bassong but boy am glad we didn't sign him.

Thought Bassong looked good for them personally. Had he not been there I think we would have got through in the last 30 mins.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:47 - Feb 4 with 1289 viewswittle

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:46 - Feb 4 by bosh67

Thought Bassong looked good for them personally. Had he not been there I think we would have got through in the last 30 mins.

yep thought he did ok
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 20:45 - Feb 4 with 1205 viewsingeminate

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:47 - Feb 4 by wittle

yep thought he did ok

He played well.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024