Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obadeyi 12:16 - Mar 18 with 4415 viewsJorDale

Brought nothing to the game yesterday, even though we won !
He has amazing pace but apart from that?
Obadeyi on 21:00 - Mar 18 with 1282 viewscy74

Obadeyi on 20:18 - Mar 18 by ChaffRAFC

I was genuinely fairly pleased with Temi yesterday. People in the Sandy were slating him and I'm not sure it was warranted on the whole. He always wanted the ball and always gave their full back something to think about. Grimes was frozen out of the game for the most part and did very little but it was Temi on the end of the criticism. Yes, he was frustrating at times but the effort was there and there were glimpses of what he can do. I was one that didn't welcome him back when I heard but I was pleasantly surprised yesterday.

Agree with that sum up, he played alright, overran the ball a few times but a decent return
Obadeyi on 21:12 - Mar 18 with 1274 viewsdalenumber2

Obadeyi on 20:18 - Mar 18 by ChaffRAFC

I was genuinely fairly pleased with Temi yesterday. People in the Sandy were slating him and I'm not sure it was warranted on the whole. He always wanted the ball and always gave their full back something to think about. Grimes was frozen out of the game for the most part and did very little but it was Temi on the end of the criticism. Yes, he was frustrating at times but the effort was there and there were glimpses of what he can do. I was one that didn't welcome him back when I heard but I was pleasantly surprised yesterday.

My opinion for what it's worth is that yesterday he lost a lot of balls, failed to control and was often poor in his tackles - however as the match went on there were little signs of brilliance that made me think that he may be worth nurturing. Also, I think that with his speed and presence on the pitch he adds a dimension that we have been lacking of late. The jury is still out for me but I will trust Coleman in his selection.
Obadeyi on 21:43 - Mar 18 with 1260 viewsCrede

He looked like he has ability, once he switched to the right
The lad needs match fitness, like all players who haven't played regularly

Certainly prefer him out wide to up front, and looks a much better prospect than in his previous spell, but that doesn't say much

I suppose he has ten games now for JC to judge him, and to try and win himself a longer stay
Obadeyi on 22:32 - Mar 18 with 1238 viewsR17ALE

He gave our attack a massive pace boost. End return not always great, but a threat every time he had the ball.

Lyndon would have loved playing with Temi!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Obadeyi on 23:19 - Mar 20 with 1164 viewsD_Alien

Obadeyi on 14:20 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

Coleman obviously thinks he brings something to the team which has been lacking

Yes, it'll take him a game or two to get used to playing competitively, but he was clearing hurting Oldham in that he drew at least two of their defenders across to cover him whenever he got the ball. he also found space very well, which stretched their defence, even if he hasn't yet got the confidence to use it to best effect

Anyone who can't see what a major advantage that is to the side simply doesn't understand football

I clearly don't understand football

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Obadeyi on 23:25 - Mar 20 with 1146 viewsroccydaleian

Obadeyi on 23:19 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

I clearly don't understand football

Ha. It seems like the hitman was right after all.
Obadeyi on 23:27 - Mar 20 with 1136 viewschuckleberry

Obadeyi on 23:25 - Mar 20 by roccydaleian

Ha. It seems like the hitman was right after all.

I blame the gloves, maybe they weigh him down
Obadeyi on 13:12 - Mar 21 with 1019 viewsdingdangblue

Not sure if the halftime subs were a little hasty - I wouldve given the starting 11 ten to fifteen mins to sort it out - certainly Grimes, who was by no means the worst culprit of that awful 1st half, found himself unlucky to be hauled off so soon.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Obadeyi on 13:33 - Mar 21 with 1000 viewsmaybee

Obadeyi on 13:12 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

Not sure if the halftime subs were a little hasty - I wouldve given the starting 11 ten to fifteen mins to sort it out - certainly Grimes, who was by no means the worst culprit of that awful 1st half, found himself unlucky to be hauled off so soon.

JLAA did more in 10 minutes than Grimes and Odebayi did collectively in 45.

Grimes did not work hard enough for the team. It's no good waiting for the ball to be played into the perfect place for you when we need players prepared to fight for scraps...which is all we had given the poor displays of JK and Jones.

Odebayi sadly isn't a League One player...I'd doubt he could cut it at L2 level. He does have tremendous pace, but little else. Looks like another cheap option.
Obadeyi on 14:04 - Mar 21 with 971 viewsdingdangblue

Obadeyi on 13:33 - Mar 21 by maybee

JLAA did more in 10 minutes than Grimes and Odebayi did collectively in 45.

Grimes did not work hard enough for the team. It's no good waiting for the ball to be played into the perfect place for you when we need players prepared to fight for scraps...which is all we had given the poor displays of JK and Jones.

Odebayi sadly isn't a League One player...I'd doubt he could cut it at L2 level. He does have tremendous pace, but little else. Looks like another cheap option.

Yes I like JLAA and he certainly deserves a start on sat. Grimes can go unnoticed during games but both equalizers v Huddersfield this season show me he is worth sticking with. We need Goals!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Obadeyi on 15:27 - Mar 21 with 903 viewsSandy_Lane

Obadeyi on 13:12 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

I thought taking AG off for JLAA was done to introduce a bit of height into our side. I realise the net effect of swapping TO for NA probably makes it a net gain of 0. But we weren't hitting balls toward NA expecting him to win them.

I commented at the time that Grimes is a great player to have if you're going to spend a lot of time in the opponents box, but if you can't even get in their half he's not worth as much. Unfortunately last night we were in that position and we had to sacrifice AG for JLAA.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024