Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Rigg 13:32 - Apr 17 with 1566 viewsBrumHoop

“@davidmcintyre76: Mike Rigg, who worked under Mark Hughes at Man City and Blackburn, has left City and will join #QPR as technical director on Monday.”

From what I've heard of him, great appointment, we have long needed a complete overhaul of the scouting network, and hopefully this is it.
Mike Rigg on 13:38 - Apr 17 with 1523 viewsFDC

Stuff like this, and the noises about facilities etc., takes the edge off the prospect of going down. If we spend the next season or two transforming into a properly run club we'll stand a much better chance of having a proper go at this next time...
Mike Rigg on 13:52 - Apr 17 with 1470 viewsSuffolkHoop

Completely agree with that.

I fear relegation will mean another change of manager in the summer and a big clearout of players - many of which haven't been here long, so stability is something the team will have to wait longer for even if its being installed off the pitch.
Mike Rigg on 13:59 - Apr 17 with 1440 viewsJuzzie

Looks to me like MH will be here next season, whichever division we're in.

Mike Rigg on 14:03 - Apr 17 with 1426 viewsadhoc_qpr

Sounds good.

The board seem to be ploughing ahead with their medium to long term plans - new stadium, overhauling the youth system, a training ground, a scouting network - regardless of the very real prospect of relegation which is reassuring (but not guaranteed).

Plus all the noises from Hughes, Fernandez, Beard and even some players like Cisse are positive about staying put whatever happens.

Obviously there will be a turnaround in playing staff to balance the books and slash the wage bill - but stability off the field will help massively.
Mike Rigg on 14:09 - Apr 17 with 1392 viewskropotkin41

Listen, here's the reasoning: if this team, for so long in the doldrums, can get to the Premier League with the simple addition of a good manager and despite being owned by two utter a*seholes, what might we be able to do with a good manager and by running the club well with an eye to the future?

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, our glory days are not behind us, they are ahead of us. Good times will likely roll whether we get relegated or not.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mike Rigg on 14:12 - Apr 17 with 1379 viewsTacticalR

Rangers to confirm arrival of Rigg from Manchester City as technical director:
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/rangers-to-confirm-arrival-of-rigg-from-manch

Interview with Mike Rigg in the Independent last year:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/mike-rigg-agents-st

A couple of thoughts:

1. If we go down are we in danger of becoming a freakish monstrosity with a Premier League staff (including Mark Hughes who is one of the highest paid managers in World Football) and a Championship infrastructure and status?

2. With Hughes, Bowen, SWP, Barton, Onuoha, and now Mike Rigg are we becoming Manchester City's B team?

Air hostess clique

Mike Rigg on 14:19 - Apr 17 with 1356 viewsBrumHoop

I think us being a freakish monstrosity would be a lot more to do with what our player wage bill is like, and not due to the appointment of a good head scout (which I think is essentially what Mike Rigg will be). I agree with you though, keeping on high "premiership earners" is a gamble which will only pay off with an immediate return to the Prem - although that depends on Fernandes - is he willing to continue to put cash in for longer?

Man City B team? For now i'd happily take that... having a well respected back room staff who Hughes knows and trusts is better than Gianni. Simple as that.
Mike Rigg on 15:33 - Apr 17 with 1246 viewsexiled_dictator

Mike Rigg on 14:19 - Apr 17 by BrumHoop

I think us being a freakish monstrosity would be a lot more to do with what our player wage bill is like, and not due to the appointment of a good head scout (which I think is essentially what Mike Rigg will be). I agree with you though, keeping on high "premiership earners" is a gamble which will only pay off with an immediate return to the Prem - although that depends on Fernandes - is he willing to continue to put cash in for longer?

Man City B team? For now i'd happily take that... having a well respected back room staff who Hughes knows and trusts is better than Gianni. Simple as that.

Sorry, but GIANNI PALADINI SAVED US!!

FACT.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Login to get fewer ads

Mike Rigg on 21:57 - Apr 17 with 1042 viewsrichranger

Mike Rigg on 13:59 - Apr 17 by Juzzie

Looks to me like MH will be here next season, whichever division we're in.

Agreed - Rigg is very much a Hughes appointment.

Although keeping Hughes seems to make sense in terms of continuity - I'm worried about him managing in the Championship - he's never done it before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024