Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching Alcatraz? 21:13 - Apr 18 with 2287 viewsWarfieldHoop

And starting to understand it yet?
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 21:20 - Apr 18 with 2277 viewscollegeranger

Got them stacked on the Sky+ - Let us know if the use of the delete button is required?
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 21:35 - Apr 18 with 2257 viewsQPR1506

Trust you've been watching Homeland? Excellent!!

In Redknapp We Trust !

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 23:09 - Apr 18 with 2210 viewsMelakaRanger

I have seen all of Homeland. Its a gem not to be missed. Season 2 eagerly awaited.

I have also seen all of Alcatraz. It grows on you and by the last episode a lot is revealed but a lot is left to still be found out! Shame ist the exact same music as LOST!
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 08:01 - Apr 19 with 2154 viewsthame_hoops

Watched the first 3 nut just don't have the time to get into a long drawn out series like lost again. It's ok though, I just don't have the patience
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 11:32 - Apr 19 with 2080 viewsWarfieldHoop

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 21:20 - Apr 18 by collegeranger

Got them stacked on the Sky+ - Let us know if the use of the delete button is required?

As someone else has said it's long and drawn out. It's six episodes in with another seven to go and so far we're not really any the wiser as to what is actually going on (although I have my own half baked theories). Worth watching though and deciding for yourself. Each episode so far is pretty much the same but with the odd clue thrown in.
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 11:34 - Apr 19 with 2072 viewsdaveB

i'm really enjoying it, quite a clever show and similar to Lost in how it tells the story with flashbacks etc. The more confusing it gets the better imo, i prefer shows where you have to try and work things out rather than it being pretty straightforward.
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 11:34 - Apr 19 with 2071 viewsWarfieldHoop

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 21:35 - Apr 18 by QPR1506

Trust you've been watching Homeland? Excellent!!

Yeh I'm watching Homeland. I'm still not decided on whose side he's actually on though. Do you know how much longer it goes on for?
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 11:58 - Apr 19 with 2055 viewsade_qpr

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 11:34 - Apr 19 by WarfieldHoop

Yeh I'm watching Homeland. I'm still not decided on whose side he's actually on though. Do you know how much longer it goes on for?

2nd series to come

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 12:10 - Apr 19 with 2044 viewsJuzzie

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 11:58 - Apr 19 by ade_qpr

2nd series to come

I thought it was just going to be one series, all done and dusted in one go?

I hope it doesn't drag on like Lost, that just got tedious and the ending was a farce.

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 2009 viewsade_qpr

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 12:10 - Apr 19 by Juzzie

I hope it doesn't drag on like Lost, that just got tedious and the ending was a farce.

seen the entire 1st series 12 shows, no conclusion
2nd series about to go into production

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 14:24 - Apr 19 with 1978 viewsdaveB

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 12:10 - Apr 19 by Juzzie

ending of Lost worked very well imo, when you watch it again it all makes far more sense, still think Lost was one of the series I've ever seen, not as good as Dexter but very good all the same
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 15:15 - Apr 19 with 1969 viewsAunt_Nelly

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 14:24 - Apr 19 by daveB

ending of Lost worked very well imo, when you watch it again it all makes far more sense, still think Lost was one of the series I've ever seen, not as good as Dexter but very good all the same

Dexter, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead are all good. I'm watching Alcatraz but not convinced yet. Hopefully a grower.
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 17:35 - Apr 19 with 1929 viewsJuzzie

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 14:24 - Apr 19 by daveB

It made sense but I just thought it was a cop-out. "The ending will be amazing" the Producers told us at the begining of the final serious.

No it wasn't , it was a religious cop-out! They were all dead right from the beginning and in purgartory as they had unresolved issues. Wow wee, never been done before, that one.

Well, I think pretty much everyone has unresolved issues so why didn't all the plane crash victims 'survive'?

The thing is, they were writing it as they went along, they told the viewers that early on. They said that the show could last indefinatley, almost like a soap. However, as people started to get frustrated with more questions than answers they had to wrap it up and I just think it was too easy that ending.

Anyways, that's just my opinion

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 17:43 - Apr 19 with 1923 viewsVancouverHoop

Alcatraz has already been cancelled over here. There may be a few episodes in the can but there'll be no second season.
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 19:38 - Apr 19 with 1882 viewsdaveB

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 17:35 - Apr 19 by Juzzie

It made sense but I just thought it was a cop-out. "The ending will be amazing" the Producers told us at the begining of the final serious.

No it wasn't , it was a religious cop-out! They were all dead right from the beginning and in purgartory as they had unresolved issues. Wow wee, never been done before, that one.

Well, I think pretty much everyone has unresolved issues so why didn't all the plane crash victims 'survive'?

The thing is, they were writing it as they went along, they told the viewers that early on. They said that the show could last indefinatley, almost like a soap. However, as people started to get frustrated with more questions than answers they had to wrap it up and I just think it was too easy that ending.

Anyways, that's just my opinion

thats not quite right, they were not dead from the start, what happened on the island and in the flash backs happened, those who died on the island died, those who escape at the end go onto to live long and happy lives. The pugetory bit at the end was the idea that when you die you are drawn to the souls of those who you shared the most important moments of your life and you can only move on when you accept you are dead which they all do in the end.

This video explains it quite well, would agree it wasn't amazing but the way the story was told was very clever and I think the ending was pretty well thought out, no way was it made up as they went along, far too much from the early series tie in at the end for that to be the case.

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 19:39 - Apr 19 with 1879 viewsdaveB

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 17:43 - Apr 19 by VancouverHoop

Alcatraz has already been cancelled over here. There may be a few episodes in the can but there'll be no second season.

bugger, why can't the yanks allow a series to finish, they did this with the dead zone and dollhouse as well
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 19:54 - Apr 19 with 1875 viewsQPR1506

Just caught up and he is well and truly involved. Compelling viewing. Makes you wonder how many attacks the US cover up after that attack on the school.

In Redknapp We Trust !

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 20:18 - Apr 19 with 1868 viewsWarfieldHoop

I don't know how but I've somehow managed to miss Lost completely, never seen a single episode.
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 12:40 - Apr 20 with 1815 viewsJuzzie

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 19:38 - Apr 19 by daveB

thats not quite right, they were not dead from the start, what happened on the island and in the flash backs happened, those who died on the island died, those who escape at the end go onto to live long and happy lives. The pugetory bit at the end was the idea that when you die you are drawn to the souls of those who you shared the most important moments of your life and you can only move on when you accept you are dead which they all do in the end.

This video explains it quite well, would agree it wasn't amazing but the way the story was told was very clever and I think the ending was pretty well thought out, no way was it made up as they went along, far too much from the early series tie in at the end for that to be the case.

Done a bit of googling and you're right, it was the end if series 5 where they died and the whole sideways thing began at the beginning of series 6. Confused a lot of people apparaently, including me!

The writers might have had a beginning, middle and end and a general tie up of everything but they did write it (not make up, I never suggested that lol!) as they went along. They said so in one of the early pre-season shows. The series was delayed due to the writers strike. If it had all been written upfront, they could have carried on shooting.

I did enjoy it, just felt the ending was a bit of a let down.

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 12:43 - Apr 20 with 1811 viewsdaveB

they all die at different points, Jack at the end of series 6, Kate and Hurley at some point in the future. The whole sideways thing in the last series was set at a time when everyone had died so possibly 50 years time. I actually thought the sideways thing was a bit daft and mad eit more confusing that it needed to be.
Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 12:53 - Apr 20 with 1800 viewsAunt_Nelly

Anyone watching Alcatraz? on 20:18 - Apr 19 by WarfieldHoop

I don't know how but I've somehow managed to miss Lost completely, never seen a single episode.

Think yourself lucky.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024