Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nicky Adams 13:08 - May 3 with 8911 viewsBazzanne

Just seen on the official site Nicky Adams on the transfer list. Asked to go apparently.
Nicky Adams on 15:54 - May 4 with 1731 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Nicky Adams on 16:13 - May 3 by Toffeemanc

Think this one was pretty obvious, especially to anyone who stayed for "The lap of Honour/Shame" after the MK Dons game. Adams was not even looking toward the fans as they passed the TDS stand but instead was laughing and joking with a member of staff. At that moment I remember thinking he doesn't give a toss about the fans and definitely wouldn't be here for next season.
It was also very noticable that the lap of honour was lead by Kennedy, JLAA, Long and Amankwaah, our best players this season and who also seemed to be the only players making eye contact with fans as they went past the TDS stand.

When he was "warming up" against the Dons on Saturday he spent the whole of the first half in the corner (as far away from JC and JB as possible in the dug out) chatting to the MK subs, I also thought the same,you could n't give a damn Nicky lad.
Nicky Adams on 16:03 - May 4 with 1710 viewsScunnydale

Nicky Adams on 15:54 - May 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

When he was "warming up" against the Dons on Saturday he spent the whole of the first half in the corner (as far away from JC and JB as possible in the dug out) chatting to the MK subs, I also thought the same,you could n't give a damn Nicky lad.

I noticed that too. He was pretty close to me and just had a laugh with the long-haired Dons sub. Occasionally working his calves and hamstrings.
Nicky Adams on 17:58 - May 4 with 1595 viewsNigelWatson

Nicky Adams on 15:25 - May 4 by Scunnydale

"Hired by you know who".

Erm, would that be the manager of our club? Who else would it be?!

Well, this year we have had 3 managers!
Nicky Adams on 18:22 - May 4 with 1569 viewselectricblue

Nicky Adams on 19:14 - May 3 by electricblue

Cant see any one wanting to pay over £20k for him to be honest..

I actually cant see anybody buying him to be honest..
The way i see it is Adams will still be at spotland come august and go in januarys transfer window or Dale loan him out for the season..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Nicky Adams on 18:28 - May 4 with 1553 viewsColDale

Gut feeling is that we could easily have offered him a free transfer departure from the club, but with the whispers about the Bury move, the club rightly don't want to come across that they've been taken for mugs by a transfer move that it's easy to assume has already been agreed. The transfer fee will be a token effort of £20,000 which given that wages are always the biggest hardship for the club is next to nothing, and soon Adams will be back to being their favourite player to boo again.
Nicky Adams on 18:28 - May 4 with 1553 viewsColDale

Gut feeling is that we could easily have offered him a free transfer departure from the club, but with the whispers about the Bury move, the club rightly don't want to come across that they've been taken for mugs by a transfer move that it's easy to assume has already been agreed. The transfer fee will be a token effort of £20,000 which given that wages are always the biggest hardship for the club is next to nothing, and soon Adams will be back to being their favourite player to boo again.
Nicky Adams on 20:43 - May 4 with 1470 viewsRAFCBLUE

Nicky Adams on 18:28 - May 4 by ColDale

Will be interesting to see how events transpire - the club have no duty to sell him at any point so it is up to those at the club to be tempted by an offer that comes in.

Devils advocate question - would the club accept bids from some parties but not others? Bury and Barnsley might be two interested parties, but would we accept one bid from a club like say Rotherham but not from another club?

Would Adams get a full pre-season? Or would we wait until late July/early August before committing to any loan/transfer?

In fact, the more I think about it, the more this might not play out like Nicky might have hoped. Obviously not having to move his young family around the UK will be preferable but unless the money is right he might not be staying in the NW.

#itsafunnyoldgameson

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Nicky Adams on 21:11 - May 4 with 1426 viewsPDIDDY

Nicky Adams on 18:28 - May 4 by ColDale

if sfd is to be believed we wont be paying cash for anyone, bust in the morning

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

Nicky Adams on 21:16 - May 4 with 1423 viewsRAFCBLUE

Nicky Adams on 21:11 - May 4 by PDIDDY

if sfd is to be believed we wont be paying cash for anyone, bust in the morning

Serious question - would you want to see your lot spend a "nominal" £20k fee on Adams or prefer to use your resources elsewhere?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Nicky Adams on 21:23 - May 4 with 1404 viewsPDIDDY

Nicky Adams on 21:16 - May 4 by RAFCBLUE

Serious question - would you want to see your lot spend a "nominal" £20k fee on Adams or prefer to use your resources elsewhere?

we need a wide man to replace jones, i know na and hes a good lad, was decent at gigg but dont know if he has improved, saying that he ran us ragged twice this year, i'd have him back but know plenty who'd tw@t him after the shirt off celeb at gigg, loud noisesat gigg that futchers on loan at yours whilst coaching at gigg 3 days a week

Gissa job

Nicky Adams on 21:25 - May 4 with 1404 viewssandylaner1

Nicky Adams on 21:23 - May 4 by PDIDDY

we need a wide man to replace jones, i know na and hes a good lad, was decent at gigg but dont know if he has improved, saying that he ran us ragged twice this year, i'd have him back but know plenty who'd tw@t him after the shirt off celeb at gigg, loud noisesat gigg that futchers on loan at yours whilst coaching at gigg 3 days a week

Nicky Adams on 22:08 - May 4 with 1372 viewsRAFCBLUE

Nicky Adams on 21:23 - May 4 by PDIDDY

Interesting view on Adams.

I'd argue he's not improved since his first spell with you but stagnated and not kicked on.

A two-year stint at Leicester benchwarming and playing reserve football where he made 5 starts and 30 apperances in two years, followed by loans with us, Leyton Orient before signing at Brentford where, anecdotally, he wound up so many with the "I'm on £4k a week stuff" that he made seven appearances and was shipped out on loan again.

204 league appearances (142 starts and 62 sub) in a six season career indicate he gets games, but six clubs in that time indicate he's either a) not good enough, b) a disruptive influence, c) a bertie big bollocks or d) simply not proved his full potential.

I'm reasonably confident he'll #neverplayinthePrem but might be worth £20k of a gamble for someone.

Nicky Adams on 22:24 - May 4 with 1355 viewsSaxonDale

Nicky Adams on 22:08 - May 4 by RAFCBLUE

Interesting view on Adams.

I'd argue he's not improved since his first spell with you but stagnated and not kicked on.

A two-year stint at Leicester benchwarming and playing reserve football where he made 5 starts and 30 apperances in two years, followed by loans with us, Leyton Orient before signing at Brentford where, anecdotally, he wound up so many with the "I'm on £4k a week stuff" that he made seven appearances and was shipped out on loan again.

204 league appearances (142 starts and 62 sub) in a six season career indicate he gets games, but six clubs in that time indicate he's either a) not good enough, b) a disruptive influence, c) a bertie big bollocks or d) simply not proved his full potential.

I'm reasonably confident he'll #neverplayinthePrem but might be worth £20k of a gamble for someone.

It shows how much Adams career has stagnated when arguably the best performance I've seen him give was against Rochdale for Bury just before he moved to Leicester.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024