Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 12:37 - May 5 with 4067 viewsRochdaleLeeds

After watching the recent interview with John Ruddy from Norwich, which 3 goalkeepers would you take to the Euro's this Summer & why?
England on 18:17 - May 7 with 3953 viewsTomRAFC

joe hart is obviously number one

i'd take ruddy as second choice

both foster and robinson refuse to play. foster has probably had the first decent season in his career.

third place will probably go to a championship keeper in which case kelvin davies would deserve it ahead of robert green based on this season. stockdale played a few games for fulham this season but was mainly out on loan at a much lower level. i expect green to nab the third place though.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

England on 18:18 - May 7 with 3938 viewsTomRAFC

double post
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

England on 18:24 - May 7 with 3925 viewsBrierls

Hart, Foster & Ruddy. I reckon Hodgson will talk Foster out of international retirement.
England on 18:26 - May 7 with 3921 viewsNTDale

England on 18:24 - May 7 by Brierls

Hart, Foster & Ruddy. I reckon Hodgson will talk Foster out of international retirement.

Has everyone forgotten about Scott Carson, obviously not seen him much, but they seem to rate him in Turkey
England on 18:37 - May 7 with 3892 viewsboromat

Hart, Foster and Ruddy. Martin Keown has a write up in the Daily Mail making a case for Grant Holt to be in the squad at the end he say's Ruddy should go as third choice.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

England on 18:38 - May 7 with 3884 views442Dale

England on 18:26 - May 7 by NTDale

Has everyone forgotten about Scott Carson, obviously not seen him much, but they seem to rate him in Turkey

Hodgson sold him to bring in Foster at WBA.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

England on 18:40 - May 7 with 3876 viewsNTDale

England on 18:38 - May 7 by 442Dale

Hodgson sold him to bring in Foster at WBA.

If Foster is out of the frame though, don't see why he isn't in with a shout
England on 18:41 - May 7 with 3871 viewsDale_Pea

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Login to get fewer ads

England on 18:43 - May 7 with 3863 viewsBrierls

Out of sight, out of mind! I remember Carson making some awful mistakes for West Brom, and it was Hodgson who sanctioned his sale to Bursaspor.
England on 18:45 - May 7 with 3852 viewsNTDale

England on 18:43 - May 7 by Brierls

Out of sight, out of mind! I remember Carson making some awful mistakes for West Brom, and it was Hodgson who sanctioned his sale to Bursaspor.

From the looks of it, he has been doing the same for Bursaspor, maybe it is best to forget about him
England on 12:34 - May 8 with 3720 viewsTomRAFC

carson is shocking

davies, heaton, green and gilks should all be in with a should ahead of him

England on 12:35 - May 8 with 3715 viewsColDale

England on 12:34 - May 8 by TomRAFC

carson is shocking

davies, heaton, green and gilks should all be in with a should ahead of him

Gilks' gran might disagree
England on 12:38 - May 8 with 3698 viewsolympicdale

England on 18:17 - May 7 by TomRAFC

both foster and robinson refuse to play. foster has probably had the first decent season in his career.

third place will probably go to a championship keeper in which case kelvin davies would deserve it ahead of robert green based on this season. stockdale played a few games for fulham this season but was mainly out on loan at a much lower level. i expect green to nab the third place though.

being on loan in the championship is not really 'a much lower level' was a class act Stockdale and i think he deserves his chance as number 3.

Life is a game of fate.

England on 12:39 - May 8 with 3694 viewsTomRAFC

England on 12:35 - May 8 by ColDale

Gilks' gran might disagree

oh aye forgot he's trying to claim he's a scot. even made the squad at one point! doh!

England on 13:18 - May 8 with 3661 viewsYadHoDale

Hart, Ruddy and either Tony Roberts from Daggers or Tommy Lee from Chesterfield.
England on 14:01 - May 8 with 3601 viewsBarryStrange

Whatever happened to Chris Kirkland? I mean other than his being made of wheat.
England on 15:10 - May 8 with 3559 viewsrochdale1987

David James for a return?
England on 17:23 - May 8 with 3487 viewsboromat

Surprised frank fielding hasn't been mentioned on here.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

England on 17:45 - May 8 with 3455 viewsolympicdale

England on 17:23 - May 8 by boromat

Surprised frank fielding hasn't been mentioned on here.

There is a worryingly lack of quality English 'keepers playing in the top league in England, aside from Joe Hart there are only 3 English Goalkeepers playing regularly in the PL, and none of them are top quality, Foster at WBA, Ruddy at Norwich, and Robinson at Blackburn.

With no disrespect, when keepers like Ruddy/Kelvin Davies are being mentioned something is up, there needs to be serious development in this field, Germany and Spain are miles ahead in this, churning them out regularly.

Life is a game of fate.

England on 18:20 - May 8 with 3431 viewsDale_lad

England on 18:17 - May 7 by TomRAFC

Foster first decent season? Come off it! He was brilliant for Watford in his 2 loan spells as well as doing very well for Birmingham last season. Player of the year award backs that up. This year he's been one of the best keepers in the Prem. Hodgson will definetly talk him out of his 'retirement' and so he should!

Stockdale has been playing at a 'MUCH' lower level? The same level as Davies and Green. Didn't really like Stockdale when at Darlo anyway but he's done decent since joining Fulham when he's played.

It's a shame we don't have 3 really top class keepers but sayin that who has? Spain probably the only nation that does and Reina is a dodgey tit!

We'll be fine with Hart and Foster, they won't both get injured ;)
England on 18:25 - May 8 with 3423 viewsDale_Pea

England on 18:20 - May 8 by Dale_lad

Foster first decent season? Come off it! He was brilliant for Watford in his 2 loan spells as well as doing very well for Birmingham last season. Player of the year award backs that up. This year he's been one of the best keepers in the Prem. Hodgson will definetly talk him out of his 'retirement' and so he should!

Stockdale has been playing at a 'MUCH' lower level? The same level as Davies and Green. Didn't really like Stockdale when at Darlo anyway but he's done decent since joining Fulham when he's played.

It's a shame we don't have 3 really top class keepers but sayin that who has? Spain probably the only nation that does and Reina is a dodgey tit!

Totally disagree about Foster. I think he's the perfect example of how this country has simply accepted a lower quality of player as good enough for the squad. You say player of the year awards back up that he's a good keeper? Well what do his relegations say? Like Matthew Upson, he is incredibly overrated (I only use him as an example because he's also almost always been a relegation player).

*quick edit* Just noticed you've also suggested Reina is 'dodgy' in the same post as praising Foster...wow.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

England on 18:32 - May 8 with 3416 viewsolympicdale

England on 18:20 - May 8 by Dale_lad

Germany have some top class goalkeepers too, watching the Bundesliga regularly there is some great young talent, almost the whole league has a German in net which is how it should be.

Life is a game of fate.

England on 22:29 - May 8 with 3379 viewsDale_lad

England on 18:25 - May 8 by Dale_Pea

Totally disagree about Foster. I think he's the perfect example of how this country has simply accepted a lower quality of player as good enough for the squad. You say player of the year awards back up that he's a good keeper? Well what do his relegations say? Like Matthew Upson, he is incredibly overrated (I only use him as an example because he's also almost always been a relegation player).

*quick edit* Just noticed you've also suggested Reina is 'dodgy' in the same post as praising Foster...wow.

So because he's been in 2 teams that have been relegated that means he's a low quality keeper? He won player of the year becuase he was stopping a poorish team conceeding even more goals. Relegation isn't down to one player and I'm sure if you asked b'ham or watford fans they'll stand right by him. Doesn't mean it was his fault! He's not a Champions League keeper but he's certainly good enough for a top 10 side as is being proven.

Reina has certainly been dodgey this season, he hasn't been as good as he has been in the past, the Ramires goal on Saturday was poor goalkeeping as well as poor defending. Not his first mistake this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024