Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... 22:01 - May 19 with 2694 viewsLoomesy

Not for me. i know a lot of us would have taken him earlier but i think we have moved on from that now and would prefer a younger hungrier gamble ( ala papass cisse) as i think we have enough experience with bobby and cisse.
better!?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Andy Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 22:05 - May 19 with 2679 viewswaveydave

Came into this thread thinking it was about Andrew Johnson, he is the one we need

EDIT: adam johnson
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 23:26 - May 19 with 2512 viewsshrewranger

no thanks,sounds like an expensive benchwarmer.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 23:42 - May 19 with 2481 viewsLewes_r

Andrew johnson? As in fake bald david beckham andrew johnson? Were we relegated whilst i wasnt watching?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 00:10 - May 20 with 2418 viewsNorthernr

Two thoughts:
1 - people who bet on this stuff are idiots. See previous rants about how corrupt it is that Sky Sports News can make rubbish up and then profit from it.
2 - Depends who he's replacing. If we're getting rid of Cisse and replacing him with Johnson then that's a terrible idea. If we're getting rid of Bothroyd or Campbell from our bench and replacing them with Johnson that sounds like quite a good idea to me.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 00:15 - May 20 with 2406 viewsparker64

Like to think we could do better than Johnson regardless of who he's replacing. He's 31. Need to be looking for younger I reckon.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 00:56 - May 20 with 2359 viewsshrewranger

i'd hope we would be looking to compete with fulham next season,not buying their rejects.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 00:59 - May 20 with 2355 viewsNorthernr

and as a third point he scored a hat trick against us in game one this season and was outstanding in game two, so let's not get too full of ourselves about him just yet.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 01:06 - May 20 with 2346 viewsshrewranger

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 00:59 - May 20 by Northernr

and as a third point he scored a hat trick against us in game one this season and was outstanding in game two, so let's not get too full of ourselves about him just yet.

shit....i forgot that.
thanks for reminding me..
Login to get fewer ads

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 01:06 - May 20 with 2345 viewsPommyhoop

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 00:59 - May 20 by Northernr

We made him look good that day.Andy Carroll couldve had a hat trick that day.I'm going to judge him on his affect on other defences not our dodgy pre MH one..
No thanks..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 01:09 - May 20 with 2338 viewsNorthernr

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 01:06 - May 20 by Pommyhoop

We made him look good that day.Andy Carroll couldve had a hat trick that day.I'm going to judge him on his affect on other defences not our dodgy pre MH one..
No thanks..

Second game was with Hughes in charge...
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 01:09 - May 20 with 2337 viewsshrewranger

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 01:06 - May 20 by Pommyhoop

No thanks..

i think carol voorderman could have had a hatrick that day
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 07:42 - May 20 with 2242 viewscollegeranger

The positives -

He will be free - I think as his contract is up at Fulham.
The coaching staff know him him and his attitude.
He is a proven goalscorer in the right team eg playing of a big man - we saw that first hand this season.
Although 31, due to injuries I would suggest he is one of those that has another 5 years at least of football legs in him ala Furlong.

Negatives
Is injury prone -

Can't think of any others

Sign him up on a free!
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 08:52 - May 20 with 2191 viewsJamie

Scored 3 league goals all season, all of which came against Fitz Hall.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 11:41 - May 20 with 2062 viewsgigiisourgod

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 00:10 - May 20 by Northernr

Two thoughts:
1 - people who bet on this stuff are idiots. See previous rants about how corrupt it is that Sky Sports News can make rubbish up and then profit from it.
2 - Depends who he's replacing. If we're getting rid of Cisse and replacing him with Johnson then that's a terrible idea. If we're getting rid of Bothroyd or Campbell from our bench and replacing them with Johnson that sounds like quite a good idea to me.

Agree with this, but think a younger, more developing player would be the best option for a third/fourth striker given the respected ages of Cisse and Zamora (not forgetting the impressive HH). Having said that I certainly would not be turning my nose up at the prospect of signing him up on a free. Going to be a long season next year, no doubt with injuries along the way and we could well do with this level of quality cover if we want to progress on. I wonder if Campbell and Bothroyd have done enough to get into Hughes squad next season. Suppose it depends on if we can sign better.

But on the balance of play despite him being an excellent top flight player over the last few years who like Bobby Z brings a lot more to the table than just goals probably a no from me.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 13:02 - May 20 with 1985 viewsderbyhoop

Bz and Cisse first choice. Betty and DJ in reserve. Plus andrade and Hewlett. Do we really need another striker?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 13:17 - May 20 with 1965 viewswittle

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 13:02 - May 20 by derbyhoop

Bz and Cisse first choice. Betty and DJ in reserve. Plus andrade and Hewlett. Do we really need another striker?

yes as 3 or 4 of them are not good enough
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 20:02 - May 20 with 1820 viewsNorthernr

Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 13:02 - May 20 by derbyhoop

When you put it like that yes we do as Andrade and Hewitt are barely League Two standard, Bothroyd certainly isn't Premiership standard and Campbell can't get his arse off the treatment table.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 22:54 - May 20 with 1685 viewsRangersAreBack

To be fair, just about the only 2 games he did anything of note. I wouldn't mind if he wasn't so injury prone but I've had my fill of physio fodder with Matthew Rose, Fitz Hall and Kieron Dyer.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 22:59 - May 20 with 1675 viewssmegma

And think of all the penalties we'd get.
Andrew Johnson 4/11 to join us by end of summer thoughts....... on 04:00 - May 21 with 1624 viewstimcocking

Please God no! Another ageing mercenary with nothing to prove. Overated at his peak imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024